Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Allow Spaces In Aliases

Brimir

Underscores are better but I do think there should be a little notification when you make your Alias, that gently informs you that other people will have to type it in order to invite you and if your name is t3rm1nin1rTa3rt (random example not real) then no one is going to want to invite you to anything

Underscores are better but I do think there should be a little notification when you make your Alias, that gently informs you that other people will have to type it in order to invite you and if your name is t3rm1nin1rTa3rt (random example not real) then no one is going to want to invite you to anything

This is so true. I also hate when people append "xXx" to the front and back of their name as though they deserve to framed with some kind of alphanumeric "special-ness." Burn the heathens.

Underscores are ugly.

Butt ugly.

Then type in CamelCase. There are better solutions than spaces. Spaces are butt ugly.

Noitlooksstupidandistentimeshardertoread.Spacesarefarsuperior.

That's not CamelCase. Firstly, CamelCase is generally reserved for names and crap. Not entire sentences. (If you're a programmer, you use camelCase by capitalizing the second word an not the first. Naming things like that is automatically cooler.) Secondly, you didn't even capitalize anything except the first letter of each sentence. 

I hope you don't name your files with spaces. 

Spaces in forum names should be okay, but it could cause problems in-game. I'm pretty sure /w uses a space to tell the difference between the alias you want to whisper to and what you're trying to say. Spaces in an alias would mean that some other symbol would be needed to separate the two, which would very likely lead to more PM's popping up in the wrong chat windows.