Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Siphons and their lack of variety

Autongnosis

Hey ho, i've been farming Kuva more and more and the thing i notuced is how the Siphon basically makes the rest of the mission completely irrelevant. And it's always the same.

I had this idea that to combat mission fatigue you could integrate the Siphon into the objective. For example, in MDef you could have 3 shorter siphons (like 2 arms each) that you hack and have to defend on top of having to collect the kuva. Or in spy you could have to do the mission first to have the siphon actually spawn. Sabotage could center around sabotaging some stuff related to the siphon and then to the siphon thing etc... 

What do you think?  

11 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

What do you think?  

I do not think your proposed solution solves the issue. They will still be boring and repetitive. Just this way you can do the mission and get the kuva at the same time (on MD). The other suggestions are basically make us do the mission first (essentially exactly what we have now). So, to me, your suggestion reads as ‘lets Not really change anything, just spawn order, and MD’.

Why would this be worth DE’s time?

Surely a better way to do this would be to leave the siphon missions as they are, and have kuva drop on the kuva fortress (from enemies, rewards etc). That way, you can do the siphon if you like, but farm it from a normal mission too.

I like the idea of a better integration between the mission goals and the Kuva Syphon.

Currently the Kuva missions are merely a mission with a small other mission taking place into it. It's functional, but nothing particularly exciting.

il y a 35 minutes, krc473 a dit :

I do not think your proposed solution solves the issue. They will still be boring and repetitive. Just this way you can do the mission and get the kuva at the same time (on MD). The other suggestions are basically make us do the mission first (essentially exactly what we have now). So, to me, your suggestion reads as ‘lets Not really change anything, just spawn order, and MD’.

Why would this be worth DE’s time?

Surely a better way to do this would be to leave the siphon missions as they are, and have kuva drop on the kuva fortress (from enemies, rewards etc). That way, you can do the siphon if you like, but farm it from a normal mission too.

The examples are not very well thought out i agree, i just threw in some suggestions as they came to mind. Tho from your post i assume you like the idea but jot the proposed execution right? 

@Dhrekr that's exactly the point. I mean, I'm not sure how to do it but it would be nice to have different version of the siphon game depending on the mission you're playing right? 

59 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

The examples are not very well thought out i agree, i just threw in some suggestions as they came to mind. Tho from your post i assume you like the idea but jot the proposed execution right? 

I certainly would not object to having a better integration between the mission and the kuva siphon. The examples given in the OP do not achieve this. I really do not know how it could be done, without completely replacing the siphons. I mean, I get the siphon is kind of for lore reasons, but it makes a terrible mission.

Personally, I think the entire system needs a redo. Let’s face it, the current one is not great. I have always felt that the KUVA fortress should drop kuva, so maybe something with that. Say, you run a mission that is timed/extra objectives etc and you get 1-5x kuva bundles depending on your time/objectives completed. I am imagining 1x kuva bundle is 300 kuva. 

I agree on the Kuva fortress dropping Kuva but sadly it's apparently not going to happen... I had made a topic about substituting Endo with Kuva in the Fortress) Again i don't know how to do a more integrated kuva mission (i deal in real estate, not game design xD). The aim of the topic is mostly to raise awareness on the idea, not to directly propose a solution.