Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not make every Warframe non-specific gender.

Slayertera

Essentially I am proposing that instead of haveing warframe a be male and warframe b be female decided by the type it is; to instead allow the player to decide what gender their warframe character is. I think the user preference would be much better than having to be a male or a female just because you like the abilities better.

Having non-specific genders implies that the warframe armors would be androgynous - that you wouldn't be able to tell if it was meant to be male or female period. Being able to choose the gender of their warframe implies that you would still be able to tell, but the player would have a choice. However that means twice as many character models, and if they ever implimented any kind of voice acting it would double the work there, too. Maybe its down the line, but I don't know what they are planning for this.

Been brought up numerous times in this forum. Devs already responded as looking into it, though they are offloading at least some of it onto customization. With the last warframes that came out, I don't expect there will be art assets ready for male/female variants of all frames anytime soon.

WHY NOT MAKE EVERY WARFRAME NON-SPECIFIC GENDER

Because it takes resources that DE can't afford for the moment. So better make half the frames male and half of them female to catter to all audiences.

PS: Be thankfull that there are no furry-skin tail-swinging bunny-ear'ing frames.

Edited by ruivoml

I get the whole "it's still in beta so resources are fairly small" thing it was just a suggestion because I choose a warframe based on the abilities it has not the actual gender of the person inside. I also now realise that this has been talked about before and am sorry for reposting. I honestly just think it would be better (in the long run) to have warframes not be a specific gender because people are more likely to choose a warframe for the abilities (at least in my mind) instead of the fact that the frame is female or male. It's a lot of work for a fairly small decision, but if it could eventually be done then it would make an impact I believe.

I'd only play female warframes then. Idk. just would rather not be staring at man &#! all the time. :P

Why would you be staring there at all? Its not even the focus on the screen..people say this all the time in TPS games and I just think its silly.

I'm not the type that focuses on specific areas of my screen playing a game rather I see all of it all the time and am generally aware of every movement or detail on my screen at any given time. Which means I also see man &#! all the time unless I'm holding right mouse down to use ADS. :P

I'm not the type that focuses on specific areas of my screen playing a game rather I see all of it all the time and am generally aware of every movement or detail on my screen at any given time. Which means I also see man &#! all the time unless I'm holding right mouse down to use ADS. :P

Nobody focuses on a specific area unless they are aiming, but that doesn't mean that you are seeing the Tenno body in any kind of focus either. I don't know why that could possibly bother you any more than walking around other people every day.

There isn't even anything to see anyway.

Why would you be staring there at all? Its not even the focus on the screen..people say this all the time in TPS games and I just think its silly.

Because trying to avoid staring at something that your subconscious keeps tempting you to stare is conflicting, frustrating, irritating and downright tiresome.

You don't understand them, but you surely understand wanting to stare at your best friend's girlfriend/wife/mother/daughter/grandmother/sister hot legs/butt/boobs/upskirt but having to actively resist the action. It's the same feeling they have.

Edited by ruivoml

Because trying to avoid staring at something that your subconscious keeps tempting you to stare is conflicting, frustrating, irritating and downright tiresome.

You don't understand them, but you surely understand wanting to stare at your best friend's girlfriend/wife/mother/daughter/grandmother/sister hot legs/butt/boobs/upskirt but having to actively resist the action. It's the same feeling they have.

Then doing a rescue mission must be the worst for you... Considering Naked Nick sure does live up to his name. XD

Nobody focuses on a specific area unless they are aiming, but that doesn't mean that you are seeing the Tenno body in any kind of focus either. I don't know why that could possibly bother you any more than walking around other people every day.

There isn't even anything to see anyway.

I guess it really has to do with my awareness. Walking around other people every day I notice all kinds of small details without really looking at them or focusing on them. Even silly things that don't really matter like one person having 7 scuff marks on their right shoe. I didn't look at her shoe or even her directly as she walked by but I still noticed it. Or the guy that had orange soda spilled on the front of his pants. Wasn't looking or focusing on that either but again still noticed it. Or the Ash frame having pretty much a flat butt yet my dark dagger still cuts into it when not in use. Not staring or focusing on that either. Still see and notice it all the time. Every single line in the back of the head, weapon detail. visual elements on the arms or torso along with texturing. Even how the feet were designed. I'm aware of and see all of it in detail the whole time I play despite I'm not speficically focusing on my character sprite.

Thus in this case if its something I am going to see all the time I'd like it to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible.

Essentially I am proposing that instead of haveing warframe a be male and warframe b be female decided by the type it is; to instead allow the player to decide what gender their warframe character is. I think the user preference would be much better than having to be a male or a female just because you like the abilities better.

i think ( no really sure) that in the near future they will put an alternate chasis like the altenate helm so u can change it when ever u want and maybe will be like a male chasis for female and female chasis for male frames

and heres the reason, dunno if u guys notice it but when u go to the window where u can change ur helm there is also a logo with the old helm so u can change back but theres also a logo with the old chasis so it is pretty possible that the will introduce alternatives chasis in the near future

Edited by nEkoz