Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacker Challenge

Grave.Knight

Well there's the intruder mod to help you out. Ciphers, build some then in the hacking menu hit the Y key. After you've been through a hundred or thousand of them, solving them is a thoughtless process with plenty time to spare.

You also don't need to hack Bursas in defense missions. Although should avoid hitting them with viral damage unless that glitch was fixed already.

It serves the purpose of bypassing different systems (spy, raids) and further punishes players for their mistakes (breaking windows, alerting enemies). Is it a perfect system? Probably not. Is it better than just removing it altogether? Absolutely. At least give some feedback on how to add to it or rework it instead of blaming the system on your inability to do something as simple as hacking.

After all, if you cannot beat it you can always use mods that deal with hacking or invest in ciphers and use those. Now you might say that you cannot use the latter ones in lornmor or sorties but these missions are supposed to be endgame challenges, which means, to me at least, that one has to master all of the games content to participate in them,

So, in conclusion, I'm afraid I have to refer to the good old saying: git gud.

29 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Well there's the intruder mod to help you out. Ciphers, build some then in the hacking menu hit the Y key. After you've been through a hundred or thousand of them, solving them is a thoughtless process with plenty time to spare.

You also don't need to hack Bursas in defense missions. Although should avoid hitting them with viral damage unless that glitch was fixed already.

27 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

So, in conclusion, I'm afraid I have to refer to the good old saying: git gud.

My probably isn't hacking itself, it's that most of the time I get the challenge there isn't anything for me to hack. I can't complete the challenge.

9 minutes ago, Mifune013 said:

My probably isn't hacking itself, it's that most of the time I get the challenge there isn't anything for me to hack. I can't complete the challenge.

Oh the bonus xp challenge. Sorry I was confused on what you meant. At least it's only like 10k affinity, that's less than you get for doing one spy vault on pluto/sedna, or stabbing/sleep+slide killing a heavy gunner with a 500% stealth affinity multiplier. Should probably be reported as a bug though.

2 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

It's like... a thousand affinity. Which is pretty much nothing. So if it's a very unreliable to even be accessible challenge that also has virtually no reward, I'd have to say that it really may as well be removed.

Yeah, but the completionist in me tells me to do the challenges even when I don't need the affinity.