The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status damage

(XBOX)Douch3nko13

Question

11 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Douch3nko13 said:

So. I know what the status types do. Like viral- half max health, corrosive-armor reduction. But what about when I have 500 corrosive compared to 2500 corrosive. What's number doing? 

It doesnt change status effect but...

When status procs it affect a chance for which status will it be, for example you have 250 cold damage and 750 corrosive dmg, when status procs you will have 75% chance it will be corrosive proc and 25% chance it will be corrosive proc.

Additionaly, physical dmg have 4x higher "value" for that so with 50 slash 50 impact 50 puncture and 400 corrosive you will have 20% chance for either slash, impact or puncture to proc (1000 total dmg, 50x4 is 200, 200/1000 is 2/10 so 20%) and 40% chance for it to be corrosive (1000 total dmg, 400 corrosive, 400/1000 is 4/10 so 40%).

Also damage type increase or decrease dmg depending on enemy factional resistances. but there is too much on this topic to write here and most likely you dont care. More on that in http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Edited by BUAHAHAHAHA

in short, Damage totals weigh what Status Effects you will get when you apply a Status Effect.
Damage based Status Effects such as Electricity, Gas/Toxin, Fire, Slash - will deal Damage based on how much Damage of that type you have on said Weapon (save for Gas which is a really weird animal and only uses the Toxin side).

so for non Damaging Status Effects, it just makes it more likely you get that Status Effect, on top of the extra Raw Damage ofcourse.

5 minutes ago, BUAHAHAHAHA said:

It doesnt change status effect but...

When status procs it affect a chance for which status will it be, for example you have 250 cold damage and 750 corrosive dmg, when status procs you will have 75% chance it will be corrosive proc and 25% chance it will be corrosive proc.

Additionaly, physical dmg have 4x higher "value" for that so with 50 slash 50 impact 50 puncture and 400 corrosive you will have 20% chance for either slash, impact or puncture to proc (1000 total dmg, 50x4 is 200, 200/1000 is 2/10 so 20%) and 40% chance for it to be corrosive (1000 total dmg, 400 corrosive, 400/1000 is 4/10 so 40%)

So to clarify cuz it might take me awhile to understand that, the higher the elemental status number. The higher the chance for it to proc?

Just now, (Xbox One)Douch3nko13 said:

So to clarify cuz it might take me awhile to understand that, the higher the elemental status number. The higher the chance for it to proc?

The higher status number the higher chance for it to proc WHEN status proc, dunno how to spell it in a better way without writing a wall of text.

1 minute ago, BUAHAHAHAHA said:

The higher status number the higher chance for it to proc WHEN status proc, dunno how to spell it in a better way without writing a wall of text.

I think I got it. Every damage has a chance to proc. And once it proc's, the chance of what status it is determined by the numbers associated. Still rng. But higher chance for certain ones after status has been proc'd? Am I about right?

Damage types have modifiers against different health types so more of that damage type will result in more damage against that health type. Outside specially built Slash weapons; the elemental modifiers are generally stronger than physical.

Damage types have a proc weight where more of that damage type will result in a higher chance to proc status of that type. Physical damage types have x4 the weight of elementals when proc weight is calculated. 2500 Corrosive will have a higher chance to proc Corrosive status over 500 when combined with other damage types like Slash or Heat. If you have a weapon with 100 base damage as Slash and 500 Corrosive damage then you would have a Corrosive proc weight of (500 / 900) = 55% with 2500 Corrosive and 100 Slash you'd have (2500 / 2900) = 86% This value is checked any time your weapon procs a status effect to determine which type is applied.

Damage type modifiers also double dip in armor values when damage is calculated allowing Corrosive damage to not only gain a +75% modifier against Ferrite in damage but ignores 75% of the targets Ferrite numerical armor value. Radiation does the same for Alloy. As example if a Heavy Gunner has 5,000 Ferrite armor (94% Damage Reduction) and you deal 2500 Corrosive damage their armor value will be reduced to 1,250 (80% Damage Reduction) for the sake of calculating how much Corrosive damage you deal so instead of 150 of 2500 Corrosive you will deal 500 Corrosive. This is different than the Corrosive status effect which works in conjunction.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Douch3nko13 said:

I think I got it. Every damage has a chance to proc. And once it proc's, the chance of what status it is determined by the numbers associated. Still rng. But higher chance for certain ones after status has been proc'd? Am I about right?

Yep, thats about right. Just remember that physical damage types have 4x higher "value" and you are good.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:46 AM, (Xbox One)Douch3nko13 said:

I think you may be confused between damage and status..

Your weapon ALWAYS inflicts all the damage listed, every type in every hit. 

The Status chance attribute (in %) determines whether a status effect will occur (proc). Shotguns have a unique mechanic for this calculation, basically if it's 100% then each pellet will proc a (random) status effect. Any less and it's the % chance that at least one status effect will proc.

If status does proc, which status effect is applied is determined by rng, with the chance for each available status effect weighted by the portion of that damage from the total, with physical damage counting x4.

E.g. if your weapon does 20 impact, 30 puncture, 100 slash and 200 corrosive and procs a status effect, the following occurs:

1. The enemy takes 20 impact, 30 puncture, 100 slash and 200 corrosive damage, each scaled by the enemy's damage resistances.

2. The total damage for status chance calculation is 4x20 + 4x30 + 4x100 + 200 = 800. The chance to proc each status available is 80/800 for impact (stagger), 120/800 for puncture (damage red.), 400/800 for slash (bleed), and 200/800 for corrosive (armor red.)

Am 14.1.2018 um 00:36 schrieb taiiat:

in short, Damage totals weigh what Status Effects you will get when you apply a Status Effect.
Damage based Status Effects such as Electricity, Gas/Toxin, Fire, Slash - will deal Damage based on how much Damage of that type you have on said Weapon (save for Gas which is a really weird animal and only uses the Toxin side).

so for non Damaging Status Effects, it just makes it more likely you get that Status Effect, on top of the extra Raw Damage ofcourse.

Well, there's more to this. It's not only affected by how you mod but also by the weapon you use by taking the weapons "base damage" (no matter if IPS or element) and neutral damage mods into calculation before beein multiplied...

The status types-

Electricity, Gas/Toxin and fire

-all scale off (Basedamage+theyr base element) (yes, for gas only toxic) x multipliers and slash only scales off Basedamage x multipliers.

Multipliers also have several calculation ranks...  For example combo, stance and channeling seperately(?) add to the basedamage before beein multiplied crit+stealth+headshot.

Damage 2.5-3.0 may bring change but right now it's something like that.

the element damage has a table which elemt deal more dmg etc.

corrosive 2500 or 500 will be just how much dmg is done to a target.

Once its armor completely gone, you will deal more damage ( 4 status proc if i am now wrong).

Compared to gas , heat and poison which deal 50% of your dmg over time, is better to have higher dmg with high status chance ( doable with good riven)

vor 11 Minuten schrieb rudman88:

Compared to gas , heat and poison which deal 50% of your dmg over time

Well, dots also ain't nothing to laugh about in this game eather since the 50% (or 33% finisher for slash) are per tick, rather then over the full duration, for 7 ticks over 6s

Means:

Your everyday toxic/heat status will deal 450% the damage (affected by armor and resistances) and your slash procc will deal 231% the damage (unaffected by those, only attacking health) if not affected by status duration passives and/or stats. And even tho it's named status duration, it rather seems to affect the damage on the same duration then actually prolonging it.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108