Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Damn Plastid Topic

DAWGUNITALPHA

Seriously DE, do something please. I did a run of cyath, we got one plastid drop and one neurode drop.

My end total was 20 plastids, 1 neurode and 2600 @(*()$ nanospores. This is absolutely insane. I will never need the 300k nanospores I have, but damn near everything in this bloody game needs plastids. At least let us craft plastids out of nanospores! 10k nanspores for 1 plastid, there we go!

I'm going to tell you a very big secret:

Mimas - Saturn (Raid - infestation - medium-low lvl, grineer galleon tile set. lots of crates)

when my friend needed plastids we ran that a couple of times and we had a pretty decent drop rate from the crates

That runs the same problem of running m prime forever. It makes me not want to play the game anymore.

I'm not saying plastids should drop constantly, they just shouldn't be as rare as bloody neurodes unless you're running a huge map and cracking open every single box available. I've been able to gather pretty much every other resource I need without having to resort to desperate farming just by playing the game. Hell, even plastids used to be reasonable enough. But maybe I just used to be stupidly lucky.

All I see as responses to these topics are "your not farming it right" or "this ONE run I got a 100 plastids so there is nothing wrong". Plastids are frustrating to get right now period. To the few that who are still getting plastids plentifully, good for you. The majority though agree that based on how much plastids are used to create items such as clan material, warframes, and weapons that the drop rate should reflect on that.

All I see as responses to these topics are "your not farming it right" or "this ONE run I got a 100 plastids so there is nothing wrong". Plastids are frustrating to get right now period. To the few that who are still getting plastids plentifully, good for you. The majority though agree that based on how much plastids are used to create items such as clan material, warframes, and weapons that the drop rate should reflect on that.

This.

100+ Plastids per run on Tethys while farming for Orokin Cells. Stop complaining.

i have done SOO Many tests.. i just dont know why you would say something like this.. i ran almost every place someone told me.. and my results were horrid.. mainly went like this (NO MATTER WHERE I WENT mind you) 0 0 20 0 0 0 0 25 0 42 0 81.. this (not in the correct order was runs of almost everything each mission i did about 10 times and i assure u.. YOU CANT GET 100 per run.. i have tbh never seen more than 81 which i got off xini.. but again.. stop leading people on.. its not just about lying.

if u are reading this.. just do any fing mission dont listen to others because at the end of the day. u wont ever get 100 a mission.. u will get 0-20 or 0-40 if ur lucky.. pick your fav mission and your favorite beverage and get to grinding

Edited by DeathByTeaCup

i have done SOO Many tests.. i just dont know why you would say something like this.. i ran almost every place someone told me.. and my results were horrid.. mainly went like this (NO MATTER WHERE I WENT mind you) 0 0 20 0 0 0 0 25 0 42 0 81.. this (not in the correct order was runs of almost everything each mission i did about 10 times and i assure u.. YOU CANT GET 100 per run.. i have tbh never seen more than 81 which i got off xini.. but again.. stop leading people on.. its not just about lying.

if u are reading this.. just do any fing mission dont listen to others because at the end of the day. u wont ever get 100 a mission.. u will get 0-20 or 0-40 if ur lucky.. pick your fav mission and your favorite beverage and get to grinding

Hi, I did another run just for you. Just to prove you wrong.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/1118302506417574287/1496F7242F995A1D1C561C8A31CF78A67FDED78A/

Now stop complaining.

Hi, I did another run just for you. Just to prove you wrong.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/1118302506417574287/1496F7242F995A1D1C561C8A31CF78A67FDED78A/

Now stop complaining.

and how long are you taking to do these runs? The fact that you got 3 orokin cells and aggressive attitude by and large implies you are just lucky. I've done far more runs of tethys where I've gotten no cells or plastids, just lots and lots of nanospores.

Edited by DAWGUNITALPHA

You are an exception, that doesn't make you the rule

If plastids drop rate was bumped to 20-40 then it'd be worth its low drop amount.

Are you saying that I am like, The Son of the God of RNG? Of course not. It's just the willingness to farm them instead of complaining about it on the internet. I did another run just in case somebody says the image I posted above is an isolated incident.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1118302506418096265/25C04945595C6FFD2FC22BD9F8E7AD9FB2DBB5EE/

EDIT: SENTENCE STRUCTURE.

Edited by Pekku

Are you saying that I am like, The Son of the God of RNG? It's just the willingness to farm them instead of complaining about it on the internet.

I did another run just in case somebody says the image I posted above is an isolated incident.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1118302506418096265/25C04945595C6FFD2FC22BD9F8E7AD9FB2DBB5EE/

Implying that people here aren't trying to farm and just sit here and wait for it to fall into there lap, though part of me is willing to believe some are like this.

Plastids rate is just too RNG based, 3 of the 2 plastids that drop plastids drop nanospores, which drop ridiculously and make getting plastids nearly impossible as it's likely you'll get nanospores.The only possible way to get them is on uranus.

While i am glad you're managing to get plastids, you just have good luck. Plastids rate isn't fine because you're doing good.

The thing is, the issue of plastids is that they are needed in large quantities, but drop infrequently (even for an uncommon resource) and drop in bundles of 20.

Plastids rate is just too RNG based, 3 of the 2 plastids that drop plastids drop nanospores, which drop ridiculously and make getting plastids nearly impossible as it's likely you'll get nanospores.The only possible way to get them is on uranus.

How can something be "too" RNG-based? The whole system is RNG-based.

All RNGs that are attempting to generate numbers that are as random as possible will use your machine's "tick" count as a seed (Since it's impossible to generate a truly random number in a logical system), which is how many ticks your CPU has gone through. Without knowing Warframe's method for using the numbers the RNG spits out, it's hard to give advice, but try farming once an hour for as many hours as you can, making sure to restart the client each time so the initial seed is updated.

Edited by Hipolipolopigus

I agree. Even though I have found them not too difficult to farm, they are in no way even remotely fun to farm as you have little to no chance of getting them except for in like 4-5 specific missions that are so f*cking boring and require every crate in the map to be broken and every locker to be opened to get a decent amount of them, a process that takes far too long. I too can go get 100+ plastids (on most runs) from uranus, mainly Cordelia. The point isn't that they aren't obtainable, but that for one of the most used resources in the game, the farming required to obtain them is mind numbingly dull. 

To the above poster who got 128 plastids. Just think, you are now ~1/8th of the way there to getting the Dread. And that's just one weapon. :P

When I'm solo I like to run Oberon (Uranus). It's an Infested Exterminate so it's pretty easy and has a decent number of containers and cabinets. As I recall I usually get around 40-100 Plastids each run. Only once I didn't get any Plastids, but usually I always get at least 40.

With a friend, I also do Xini (Eris) and open all the crates before starting the Defense. DE made it a lot easier to get all the items because the Defense will only start when someone enters the blue ring. So you have all the time in the world to do a full sweep of all the containers and cabinets (and there are quite a few). After that we just do 5 waves (which can also drop more Plastids) and do it again.

Hope this helps :)

So you're running through tethys and opening every single container in five minutes? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

I actually wanted to say that I actually got those amounts just by opening the containers along the way to Ruk and the EP, but I was worried about getting called a liar.

I actually wanted to say that I actually got those amounts just by opening the containers along the way to Ruk and the EP, but I was worried about getting called a liar.

Probably because it doesn't happen to anyone except you (if you aren't a liar, that is). I have run Tethys many, many times (probably more than 250 times sadly) and I have never seen more than 100 plastids on that map. And often I break every container and open every locker on the map. So yeah, you might just be the luckiest person on all the forums.

Plastids at the moment feel a lot like how the alloy plate used to be before its drop rate / amount dropped got adjusted to a lot more reasonable levels. While alloy plate is certainly used in significantly larger amount of recipes, plastids are required in every single clan research weapon as the fieldron, mutagen mass and detonite injector schematics use them. (due to that for example, crafting a Supra takes 1750 plastids)

I think the amount of plastids dropped could certainly use some buffing up and some of the schematics that use plastids could be changed to use nano spores instead. Since at the moment the nano spore drop rate is just beyond ridiculous and the resource itself is next to useless.

As Tethys was brought up in this thread quite a bit, I ended up doing 10 runs there today as I'm low on both orokin cells and plastids. Results were: 6597 Nano Spores, 613 Plastids, 20 Detonite Ampules and 6 Orokin Cells.

In my opinion, the gap between the amount of nano spores dropped compared to plastids just feels completely off.