Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions On Hate

MisterPoniyes

Question

18 answers to this question

Max Killing Blow (11), Reflex Coil (7), Rending Strike (9), Focus Energy (9), Fury(9), Reach (7) and North Wind Rank 2 (8)

Should fit into Hate with Potato without any Forma.

He's talking about normal attacks.

Normal =/= charge.

Anyways, Hate is good with normal attacks but Reaper Prime is better. Reaper Prime also looks cooler in my opinions, but that's just my opinion.

I can't find whether Hate ignores armor on charge attacks or not.

I built mine as a heavy, but fast melee build (similar to Orthos). Hate is a bit of an oddball weapon. It has relatively short range, slow to come out, but once it starts swinging, it's fast. You also seem to advance (step forward) less with this which means you need to keep pushing forward. And then it has an AoE ground slam a little bigger than some swords, but smaller than Fragor. Although it does hit the ground in normal melee allowing good ground hits and cold damage to be applied to the area.

In short, I put a lot of Fury into this one to increase the base melee speed to help with infested (at stock it couldn't swing fast enough to prevent getting stunned). This had the effect of also speeding up the swing after charge. Added some cold damage and other damage modifiers to seasoning. And then treated it like a short Orthos.

That said, it looks cool. And I have fun playing with it.

Edited by PlebbyMilliner

All charge attacks ignore armour, yeh.

My opinions on the reaper: I'd rather take the dps of the gram, the burst damage of the scindo, or the both of the orthos. The scythes have no notable feature besides being cool-looking. Plus I detest the short range!

Edited by FlanShark

Kestrel, Kogake,Ether daggers and maybe more melee weapons with charge attack that does not ignore armor. The scythes has fast attacking animation with attacks that can reliably hit enemy hitbox. Huge jump attack knockdown range. Both regular and charge attack can hit enemies on the ground after the knockdown. . Charge attack has 360 degree AOE.

Edited by Definitegj

Serious? I love my Hate. It's a killer. It's like a faster Scindo, even though it does have a bit of a shorter range. But it absolutely wrecks house. And it's not mainstream like the Orthos. Pssh. Nah. Even though everyone has a Hate nowadays. 

Seriously though, charge attacks do 1.8k on light infested and 1k on regular Grineer. Regular attacks do about 300, and it does it way quicker than a Scindo. And it has a higher base damage than the Gram, which makes up a bit for the slightly slower speed. (Disclaimer: heavily modded of course. I spent a lot of time on mine. Because love)

In the end though, while it might not be the best out there, it's a very capable all rounder. Stress on the very. And if you get tired of it, just whip out the Glaive and mess around for a couple of missions.

Edited by CheeseHasLeafs

Lol fang is always a great alternative! A really good anti-grineer weapon with high base charge damage (150 is really high for dual daggers) and allows you to stun lock people into convulsions while you are spazzing out as well :D

Lol fang is always a great alternative! A really good anti-grineer weapon with high base charge damage (150 is really high for dual daggers) and allows you to stun lock people into convulsions while you are spazzing out as well :D

Fang with a maxed out Fury mod is one of the strangest and most terrifying sights in the game.