Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kogake Prime feedback

(PSN)Boomstickman98

So, as soon as I got the Kogake Prime, I tested it out like normal, and completely fell in love with the weapon. The weapon is so much fun to my due to ragdolling, assassinations with it, and overall damage and speed of the weapon. That said though, the weapon is honestly a bit overpowered to me for multiple reasons. The first reason is that a 100% status build is entirely viable. Don't get me wrong, the 100% status is amazing and all, but it should not be viable in the way that I got it to be(which I will explain later). My second reason is that it is able to get to that 100% status with slots left over for even more powerful mods. Again, not a problem on its own, but this is all from using a catalyst without even having been forma'd once. I mean, in addition to the status mods, you can fit Beserker, Condition Overload, and Primed Point Blank/Primed Fury. This allows for truly insane damage builds, or even for insane range with guaranteed status proc.

As for solutions, it is mostly fine if we keep the Kogake Prime is it currently is, so long as it is no longer possible for range increasing mods to be applied to sparring weapons. It makes no sense to have allowed it in the first place though imho. The reason why I am bringing this up is not to have the weapon nerfed, it is to explain why this should not be allowed in the future. I mean, you know something in this game is broken when you can absolutely eviscerate the Shadow Stalker/Stalker or even the sentients using only that one weapon and not removing the resistances they get. The reason the weapon does not need a nerf though is that you have to get in face to face if you have no range mods on it, thus making it an extremely dangerous gamble.

TL;DR: keep this mistake in mind for the future, while also preventing sparring weapons from having range mods applied, thus stopping the Kogake Prime from being abused too badly.

"Kogake Prime has much higher damage and one of the highest status chance of all melee weapons, at some expense to critical chance and multiplier. "

DE did this with an Intension.. 

Another day, another nerf-kind thread..
Get rid of the nerf-threads. It is a PVE game and we talk about a short range weapon ... <-- there are better melee weapons, stop it

Every melee deserves to be able to use range mods.. 

Edited by Teshin_Dax

• 5 years later...

The Kogake Prime is insanely strong actually. The build I made for it, which I'll link at the bottom of this post l comment, can shred Steel Path with incredible ease so long as your chosen warframe has a good bit of armor and your primer (preferably Cedo) is built right as well.

https://overframe.gg/build/468333/

Keep in mind that Overframe doesn't count for the damage bonus per status from Condition Overload. Using a properly built Cedo primer, giving you a 720% damage bonus, you're actually doing an average hit of 126,102.88 damage (226, 985.184 damage on critical hits)

Edited by (PSN)Djwlothian