Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bombard Grineer In Nightmare Mode Is Way Too Op

Renathy

We were doing good until around waves 10 and below, until the Bombard Grineers started popping up.

Oddly enough, I was getting instantly down'd from nowhere. Normal shots would take a bit of my shield but that's hit and the Bombard was usually around but his shots never actually were close enough to even hit me.

I finally found what happened, when I was rushing towards a Bombard, thinking I'd kill him - because, well, I like killing big guys - and he shot a rocket, I dodged it and as I was about to kill him, I got instantly down, full health and shields, and the rocket was way too far for it to actually do even a bit of slight damage.

Next thing you know, on lower waves, many more of those idiots started popping up, one-shotting my whole crew, until the cryo-pod was finally unprotected and it even one-shot the cryo-pod, at full health, as well.

I personally find it annoying that enemies are ALWAYS ridiculously strong in Nightmare mode in addition to the other effects, Particularly no shield mode. Surviving without a shield would be hard enough even if the enemies hit normal damage since health is scarce unless you came prepared. IMO enemies being super strong should be a random thing like the other effects, and not occur in tangent with no shield, because those Napalms (and I guess Bombards) can kill you from a mile away. It's not challenging, just ridiculous.

P.S.: I got downed and killed on top of some Napalm while trying to save someone, and revived only to be downed AGAIN because the DoT is insta-kill. At least tone these guys down a little.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

yeah well i assume that you had energy drain on your mission, which is only reason why you can get yourself killed.

but you know you can dodge their missles right?

oh you had shields. so... how did you get yourself killed again? "i was rushing towards bombard"....

you know that greater range provides more chances to dodge a missle? and charging on a bombard... doesn't looks like a wise move form a frost on a defense mission. nope it certainly doesn't.

Edited by Althix

all imma say is...

dont do nightmare untill all effects are visible to you before you start, a hurp durp

as is nightmare right now, with increased enemy damage, ANY other effect besides vampiric drain will just f*** you up to the point of ridicilousness

yeah well i assume that you had energy drain on your mission, which is only reason why you can get yourself killed.

but you know you can dodge their missles right?

oh you had shields. so... how did you get yourself killed again? "i was rushing towards bombard"....

you know that greater range provides more chances to dodge a missle? and charging on a bombard... doesn't looks like a wise move form a frost on a defense mission. nope it certainly doesn't.

Yeah, and getting hit by a rocket from 10-20 meters is pretty dodgeable.

Get trinity, rage and Torid (dojo weapon).

If its draining ur health, its ez mode, infinite energy trinity => nearly constant team invincibility...

If its draining energy and shields, then its a bit trickier. Hide somewhere, lob two rounds of torid on ur feet, wait till u get enough energy for ult, step away from poison, cast ult => again team invulnerability...

Basically, keep that invulnerability persistent as much as u can..

Rest of the effects are just cake :)

I have never ever died in 1 hit with a loki and nyx and they are paper.

And my Loki only has 400+ shields.

Use frames with disable abilities and learn to ID HVTs fast.

Bombards aren't even half the threat of napalm as their homing rockets are slow as hell.

Heck a frost will negate this effect completely unless energy drain.

Edited by fatpig84

I tell you this despite you belive or not.

I had seen 1 bombard can fight again 4 infest accient at the same time, and he kill them 1-by-1. Then that guy continue kill some leaper and charger  and still have alot of HP so dont underestimate him.

I dont want to be rude, but if you cant handle nightmere mode, stand away from it.

i did NM with Mag once, no shields energy drain . . mag has only 225 health and get nearly instagimped by shield lancer's viper

but i manged it to alive until the last round without dying, and when i died it was because i was stupid enough to run straight at a squad grineer with my

Skana Prime charging.

you can roll,jump,slide use your skills take cover or just retreat a bit and do an ambush/gather you teammembers

yes the Heavy Grineer on NM wit no shields are strong but if you not play like rambo its accomplishable

I dont want to be rude, but if you cant handle nightmere mode, stand away from it.

We handled it pretty well until the Bombards started showing up and killing us from insane ranges. Only 2 waves left and 2 or 3 Bombards spammed us with rockets.

We were doing good until around waves 10 and below, until the Bombard Grineers started popping up.

Oddly enough, I was getting instantly down'd from nowhere. Normal shots would take a bit of my shield but that's hit and the Bombard was usually around but his shots never actually were close enough to even hit me.

I finally found what happened, when I was rushing towards a Bombard, thinking I'd kill him - because, well, I like killing big guys - and he shot a rocket, I dodged it and as I was about to kill him, I got instantly down, full health and shields, and the rocket was way too far for it to actually do even a bit of slight damage.

Next thing you know, on lower waves, many more of those idiots started popping up, one-shotting my whole crew, until the cryo-pod was finally unprotected and it even one-shot the cryo-pod, at full health, as well.

The fact Warframe has evil nasty elite enemies is a damn good thing. You see one, you run or all focus kill it fast. It gives the experience some panic and focus for us. 

Its more when you die. Revive, and get instagibbed again within 0.3 of a second. Wave bai to 4 revives and there's nothing you can do about it.

Evil mobs in games are good aslong as they are not spawning all the time.

I see a lot of "getting one shot killed by tracking missiles sounds fun and is a good form of difficulty" in this thread. I'm not sure if I'm $&*&*#(%& and don't understand difficulty or they're just trying to sound like badasses.

In nightmare mode, many things that are normally very doable become much less so. Cover doesn't mean you're safe, and with bombard rocket AoEs being as large as they are, if there's more than one bombard in different locations, you're very likely to get instakilled because you have nowhere to go and not much to defend yourself with when you get energy drained, grunts have 2x damage, etc etc.

But hey, everyone wanting to run around toting how badass they are for persevering through what sounds like a torturous and artificially difficult defense mission whenever you see a bombard or napalm, be my guest.

I think I'd be more sympathetic with one-shots if defense didn't take as long as it does. It's not like a difficult platformer or some such where you load it back up one minute of time lost (where you learn how to accomplish the task better) and nothing else. Nightmare doesn't teach you much from an instakill.