Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE Free-Roam: 4 tiers please with appropriate resource returns.

(PSN)Silverback73

Mining and Fishing affecting squad integrity was being discussed in another thread.

I speculate this is partially done because free Roam returns on resource farming are the lowest tier.

ALLOW PLAYERS TO PICK A FREE-ROAM LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY THAT REWARDS SKILL/PROGRESS/POWER LEVEL THAT IS COMMENSURATE WITH BOUNTY RESOURCE RETURNS.

(Think planet node enemy level variation)

Tier 1: lvl 10-20 enemies

Resouce returns equivalent to Bounties 1-2.

Tier 2: lvl 15-30 enemies

Resources as Bounty 3.

Tier 3: lvl 20-35 enemies

Resources as Bounty 4.

Tier 4: lvl 25-50 enemies

Resources as Bounty 5.

TY, DE!

-Silverback

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Tier 1: lvl 10-20 enemies

Resouce returns equivalent to Bounties 1-2.

Tier 2: lvl 15-30 enemies

Resources as Bounty 3.

Tier 3: lvl 20-35 enemies

Resources as Bounty 4.

Tier 4: lvl 25-50 enemies

Resources as Bounty 5.

What do you mean by 'resource return equivalent to bounties'? :clem:

28 minutes ago, WhiteSpike said:

What do you mean by 'resource return equivalent to bounties'? :clem:

Grokdul, Iridite, Gems/Ore, etc.

Free-Roam and the easiest bounties will yield 1 Iridite per stone for example.  

Higher level bounties will drop 3+ per stone.

The resource pressures of PoE standing would be mitigated a bit if we had a free-roam choice of more challenging content with higher resource returns.

Don't you have that already tho? You can simply take a bounty 5, complete it, leave squad if you're on public squad then go out getting resources you need.

I know that PoE resources are too rough to farm and a feature like this would be great, however it's located on a starter planet and you would have clueless newbies running PoE with enemies at level 50, starting to think that they are stuck and can't proceed.

But, if this feature decides to appear in the game, at least make them locked until they do something like a junction or a quest, I don't know. Something that proves that they are worth going to higher levels.

39 minutes ago, WhiteSpike said:

Don't you have that already tho? You can simply take a bounty 5, complete it, leave squad if you're on public squad then go out getting resources you need.

I know that PoE resources are too rough to farm and a feature like this would be great, however it's located on a starter planet and you would have clueless newbies running PoE with enemies at level 50, starting to think that they are stuck and can't proceed.

But, if this feature decides to appear in the game, at least make them locked until they do something like a junction or a quest, I don't know. Something that proves that they are worth going to higher levels.

Right, but what is happening is that people are leeching standing from 3 other players completing bounties while fishing/mining.  

They are essentially double-dipping and compromising PvE squad integrity, which is a BIG deal in Warframe.

MR locking makes sense to protect newer players.

People upset by this leeching are advocating they literally lock mining/fishing etc out of bounties and I don't blame them.

But I ALSO don't blame those trying to maximize farming efficiency.  DE needs to tweak it a bit.

An alternate suggestion would be to divide the map into 4 zones (free-roam only), with enemy level and resource drops scaling according to zone difficulty. Back when POE was announced, I assumed this is how it would work. I'm hoping it will be so on Venus, since the map is allegedly much larger.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

13 minutes ago, shoopypit said:

How is it pointless? Mining and fishing is found throughout the map. As are plants and animals. And wisps. Do you want more random stuff to find?

I'd like to see Bounty rewards drop from enemies and containers instead. Bounties have long since grown boring and tired. 

Killing enemies in the Plains should grant Rep with Quills and Cetus. Again, Bounties have long since ceased to be entertaining. 

Why make a big open map, if Exploration isnt going to reward players? That's wasted Dev time.

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

I'd like to see Bounty rewards drop from enemies and containers instead. Bounties have long since grown boring and tired. 

Killing enemies in the Plains should grant Rep with Quills and Cetus. Again, Bounties have long since ceased to be entertaining. 

Why make a big open map, if Exploration isnt going to reward players? That's wasted Dev time.

Yes very good points.ive grown tired of doing bounties. Now I spend zero time in the plains now. Honestly it would be fun if they managed to do an endless mission on the plains. Like some form of survival or defense