Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash damage

VortexInfinity

All of us know that IPS is getting rework and most of us dont want slash nerfed. 

A number of threads wanted slash nerf and not deal finishing damage and make IPS deal more damage or less damage according to faction. However this is a bad idea as then weapon diversity is limited. Can you imaging that tigris prime is no longer killing sortie 3 grineer and only good for infested because it deals slash damage?

I believe slash should be the most damaging proc but let it deal the finishing damage slowly at first and ramping up as time goes on. For example on first tick deals 5%of base damage at first and then ramping up exponetially. By the end of 7 ticks it should deal about 275% damage as finishing damage. This way slash damage wont kill everything once slash procs but as time goes on slash will deal heavy damage. Now players will have to decide whether to go for burst damage to kill enemies quickly or slash procs to kill heavily armored high level enemies but slowly. Furthurmore, by increasing kill time players have to have skill survive but the end reward is better. Enemies can kill the player before the slash procs kills them so the player has to consider this

36 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

This would make slash damage more powerfull, so no thank you. 

^This.

OP , how would DE make Impact and Puntcure equal to Slash if your proposed change ( from 5% of base damage to 275% ) happens ?

I mean they have to buff Impact and Puncture and nerf Slash " a bit " at same time to prevent Slash from dominating.

Not to mention any buff to Slash also affect procs from enemies too. Keep that in mind.

Edited by Aeon94
fixed 35% to 5% , was a typo

29 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

This would make slash damage more powerfull, so no thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

^This.

OP , how would DE make Impact and Puntcure equal to Slash if your proposed change ( from 35% of base damage to 275% ) happens ?

I mean they have to buff Impact and Puncture and nerf Slash " a bit " at same time to prevent Slash from dominating.

Not to mention any buff to Slash also affect procs from enemies too. Keep that in mind.

maybe you should both read his post more carefully....cause is basically the same result!. btw, he never mentions the number 35 but 5%

Edited by Ninjamander

45 minutes ago, VortexInfinity said:

By the end of 7 ticks it should deal about 275% damage as finishing damage.

The last tick deals more damage than all ticks of the current slash proc combined. That is just too mich.

Edited by Oru5732

12 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

The last tick deals more damage than all ticks of the current slash proc combined

11 minutes ago, VortexInfinity said:

I meant the total slash procs within the 7 tick period will deal a total of 275%base damage as finishing damage

He replies before I could, I understand that intention from the start but I can understand why people could think otherwise, mostly if you read what he says fast.

May I suggest to edit your first post for clarification? On top of that how it would interact with status duration mod (including the minus from riven)? cause I feel either we have the potential to make slash more powerful for people with - (minus) status duration or punish people for adding more status duration.

Edited by Ninjamander

9 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

maybe you should both read his post more carefully....cause is basically the same result!. btw, he never mentions the number 35 but 5%

Fixed 35% , was a typo.

Current Slash 35% per tick for 7 ticks , 35x7 = 245% total base damage as bleed

What he proposed is 275% ( it starts with 5% and rampages till last tick ) which is 30% more buff to current bleed ( its already powerful ).

Also not to mention how will status duration ( + / - ) affect rampage rate.

From my view, it can be a huge buff to slash that other procs will never reach with any buff.

5 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Fixed 35% , was a typo.

Current Slash 35% per tick for 7 ticks , 35x7 = 245% total base damage as bleed

What he proposed is 275% ( it starts with 5% and rampages till last tick ) which is 30% more buff to current bleed ( its already powerful ).

Also not to mention how will status duration ( + / - ) affect rampage rate.

From my view, it can be a huge buff to slash that other procs will never reach with any buff.

no worry! I admit you did get me lost with the 35%

but yea, what he proposed is indeed slightly more powerful but consider that it took 7 tick to reach, not op....until we start messing with the status duration, there I totally agree with you and it would probably make riven mod with slash and minus status duration (that is supposedly a nerf but not in this case)...oh boy...we seen the result with post-rework Saryn...

I personally think slash is currently fine as is, we just need to make mpact and puncture more useful. (maybe an extra gimmick related to crit, rewarding aiming certain part of the body, ect)

Edited by Ninjamander

3 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

but yea, what he proposed is indeed slightly more powerful but consider that it took 7 tick to reach, not op....until we start messing with the status duration, there I totally agree with you and it would probably make riven mod with slash and minus status duration (that is supposedly a nerf but not in this case)...oh boy...we seen the result with post-rework Saryn...

I personally think slash is currently fine as is, we just need to make mpact and puncture more useful. (maybe an extra gimmick related to crit, rewarding aiming certain part of the body, ect)

IKR ? Low duration had some serious nuke potential D:

Not to mention this change will also affect Equinox , Khora , Ash , [insert a slash based frame here] too D:

Edited by Aeon94