Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Rework Idea

tnpisnotok

So with Atlas being bound for a rework I have some ideas for his abilities.

Atlas’ 1 will remain the same - the ability is great if you ask me. It’s the rest of his kit that needs overhauling.

Atlas’s 2 will be called “Rumbler”, where Atlas summons a giant Rumbler to help fight the battle and take the heat! Rumbler will be affected by strength (for his damage output), armor and health mods, but now are not affected by range or duration. Upon death, the Rumbler splits into two, with each mini Rumbler having half the armor of the regular sized one and a quarter of its health. All types of Rumblers, similar to how Guardian Derision works, will pull aggro from enemies. Recasting the ability will kill the Rumbler that is alive, where recasting the ability again will remove the mini rumblers.

Atlas’s 3 will be called “Stone Armor” (I’ll need someone to come up with a better name), where Atlas builds rocks over himself to fortify himself even more against damage. Similarly to Gara’s 2, casting it will give Atlas x% of damage reduction (where the effect after modding caps out at 90%). Unlike Gara’s ability, however, this will only affect Atlas (maybe an opportunity for an augment?) This ability will be affected by duration mods (duration of the ability) and strength mods (the effect of the damage reduction).

Atlas’s 4 will be called “Earthquake”, where Atlas uses his hulk-like muscles to smash the ground to create a tremor and change up the terrain. Earthquake will deal damage and knock down all enemies in the allocated range, but also cause a new effect called “rough terrain” (I couldn’t think of a better name), which slows down enemies by x% (caps out at 60%), but also let’s abilities casted on this terrain have extra effects. Atlas will be invulnerable during the Casting animation to prevent accidental deaths. Earthquake will be affected by strength mods (for damage and slow effect), duration (for the duration of the rough terrain) and range (for the earthquake and rough terrain). I will go over the interactions in a little bit.

Synergy! Don’t we all love some synergy? These abilities work great as standalone abilities, but I feel like can also be enhanced when used in conjunction with other abilities. I’ll outline these now:

1) Casting Landslide on Rumbler (only the big one) will buff the Rumbler’s movement speed a little bit, but most importantly allow the Rumbler’s punches to deal in AoE and also do scaling damage (hopefully other posters will help me out here).

2) Casting Rumbler on Rough Terrain will grant the Rumbler lifesteal on his punches, allowing him to have much more sustainability. Furthermore, if the Rumbler dies on the rough terrain, the mini rumblers will each have 50% health of the original rather than 25%.

3) Having Stone Armor active while on Rough Terrain grants Atlas health regeneration (similar to Nidus’ 4). 

With all these abilities, Atlas will prove to be a very strong warframe. He will fulfil his role as a brute and a tank, as Atlas will have strong survivability and distraction capabilities in addition to a little bit of CC caused by his 4.

Anyone who reads over this, please let me know what you think! These are my ideas, but if you come up with something better I will edit my comment to improve it. I strongly encourage discussion and constructive criticism!

Just now, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I just glanced over this, and I'm sorry to just immediately brush it off, but it's not happening. At a TennoCon 2017 interview, the dev team said they aren't making any new abilities for pre-existing Frames for reworks/revisits. You'll have to try again.

Ah that’s alright, I didn’t catch that interview.

Welp it was worth a shot, but with the same skillset I really can’t see myself ever using atlas again. It’s fine though, we’ll see what happens with him.