Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Glorious Opportunity wasted (SPOILERS-Touchy the glowy first)

RICK_BO

For the longest time, All of our missions have been orchestrated by the one and only; Space Mom Lotus. Our first taste of something different came with the Stolen Dreams Quest; After capturing Maroo, she then guided and introduced us to Spy 2.0 vaults. Later came the Tubemen of Regor operation. In which We tenno had the choice to make whether to fight for Nef Anyo and destroy the research, or to Steal it for Alad V. The Lotus left it to us to decide who we would support and during these missions our actions and objectives were guided by our chosen affiliate. This provided long term players with a surprising change of pace; I loved hearing a new voice over the comms guiding me to my destination.

Since then we have had the Natah Quest Orchestrated in part by Teshin; A Man of Few Words With recurring Missions orchestrated by Darvo (as well as Ayatan missions guided by Maroo later on); and the Sands of Inaros Quest featuring Baro Ki'Teer.

(last chance; spoilers ahead)

And Now the lotus has once again left us to our devices by taking the hand of Ballas. This was a huge step for us to take(again), and as soon as Ordis chirped in when I got back to the ship my first reaction was "OH MAN Who's going to lead us into battle now?! Is Teshin going to step in full time? Are we going to have multiple orchestrators? Are the missions going to go silent?" Until Ordis fed us the cop-out "Ordis will attempt to synthesize her mission directives"

Personally, I feel like Darvo ought to be directing that majority of Survival missions; Having the Tenno raise hell so he and his guys can slip in to steal merchandise is definitely his style. Maroo should be in charge of Spy and Derelict missions; She gets the intel that leads her to bigger and better heists and she pays us for risking our neck getting that intel with mods/relics/blueprints that We as Tenno need. Corpus or Grineer contacts could direct us in direct conflicts against the other: Exterminates, Captures, Rescues, etc. I would love to run some missions for Tyl Regor. 

One More Thing; Defence missions make no sense-lore wise. We have opportunities to extract but somehow staying in hostile environments with precious materials is somehow more beneficial?

Or rather do what most game companies do for the sake of variety.
Announcer Packs, but for Warframe it would be Guidance packs.

Basically, you have multiple options :
Lotus [Unlocked by Default]
Ordis [Unlocked by Default]
Teshin
Simaris
Maroo
Darvo & Clem [Together]
Baro Ki'teer
Syndicate Leaders (6) / Palladino (added with Red Veil's Leader as an alternative)
Konzu & Saya [Together]

As most of these characters have their syndicate standing system, the player would be either able to purchase a Guidance pack from the character or complete a task in order for the character to accept spending their time & guiding the Tenno throughout their missions.
As for Maroo, she would guide you after giving her Ayatans or reaching a deadline for the amount of Ayatan acquisition missions you've done for her.
Same goes for Darvo & Clem regarding the deadline with Clem's missions.
Baro would sell it for Ducats & Credits under a condition, the player must have completed Sands of Inaros quest.
Or... just directly purchasable from plat in the market (though that will somewhat ruin the entire concept but gotta bring money out of it for the voice actors).

You do have to bare in mind that there are voicelines by some bosses (Namely Sargus Ruk & Vay Hek) are to be changed if this change is implemented because they're directed towards the Tenno working for the Lotus.

The player would be allowed to only have one active at a time, or have none active at all. Causing the missions to have no guidance & be dead silent.
To be honest, silence should've been a feature after the player finishes The War Within. By that time they've already experienced most of the game's mechanics & missions.
Hell, Lotus talking could be sometimes destructive more than constructive for an experienced player because she's occupying a part of the screen & distracting the player from their objective.

I would absolutely love this feature to be implemented but it would take too much time & resources to make it happen. DE's too focused right now on future updates for something like this to happen.
Maybe in the future; who knows.

3 hours ago, Shiveranna said:

The player would be allowed to only have one active at a time, 

I think I'd rather have a random pick of active orchestrators instead of one at a time. If I had access to all (Bundle pack say what?) but only selected a few of them to be active; each missions would draw one from the active list to lead that mission.

Also; I think Darvo should be listed without Clem as Clem is just his foot soldier; but with a low chance of Clem leading a mission unaided. No explanation, no lead up; Just drop into a mission and overs the comms you get "Clem". Progress towards objective and you get "Mm Clem." the alarms go off and you hear "Clem, Grakata".

Edited by RICK_BO

i like what i see here, i'd totally have all my Missions directed by Maroo, the sass master.
though most of the time i just wish the game would be quiet, for things i've done a million times. or even just stay quiet unless i ask for an explanation.

Edited by taiiat