Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suracyst (Infested Nikana) (Need Concept Artist)

BlitzPrince

Suracyst (Sir - ah - sist)(A mix of Suraisu(Slice in japanese) and -cyst to show infested standing)

This mutated Nikana creates thousands of nanoscopic spores that cling
to the bodies of enemies. When a current of energy passes through the 
blade, all the spores explode killing the enemies they were attached to
as well as those in a small range around them. However, this weapon
requires energy to feed it's needs, and if you cannot supply enough of it,
it will begin to use your health. (Ignores 25% of enemy armor)

Stats:
Attack Speed: .917
Channeling Cost: 5
Channeling Damage: 2.0x
Crit Chance: 12%
Crit Multiplier: 2x
Damage Block: 60%
Leap Attack: 85
Spin Attack: 93
Status Chance: 20%
Wall Attack: 93

Impact: 3.4
Puncture: 4.20
Slash: 41.5

The damage and cost of the spores scale off Channeling stats, as well as total damage.
Output Equation: Damage = (Attack Damage) * Channel Multiplier

Need concept art, if anyone would like to help.

The end idea of this is to not deliver straight damage, but to be able to hit a generalized area of enemies and then kill them all at once, creating a satisfying experience. Fly through a room hitting all the enemies, then stand looking like a bad*** when you hit channel and all the enemies behind you explode.

UPDATE:

So a lot of you seem to like the Suracyst, very nice to hear the positive contribution. Of course it isn't fixed, but I'm constantly updating the stats in it to really make it better and more balanced. This is DE, we gotta hit the good with the evil after all. However that's not what this update is about, this update is about the massive amount of concept art that's been turned in! Here's all the submissions since I can't seem to pick a favorite.

1: Uncolored base 1: By @INight00

2: Uncolored base 2: By @INight00

3: A nice yellow pink infested pallet blend as well as gross texture put on the sword. @Almighty_Jado

4: A tenno holding the blade by his side @INight00

Edited by BlitzPrince
Concept art

9.17 attack speed?, not even the fastest melee in the game with all attack speed mods would reach such number.

Also | This mutated Nikana creates thousands of nanoscopic spores that cling
to the bodies of enemies
. When a current of energy passes through the 
blade(channeling), all the spores explode killing the enemies they were attached to
as well as those in a small range around them.|
So like, regardless of enemy level, attach 1 spore and then channel and boom, the dude is gone.

Sounds way too OP, not even the glorious sniper tigris prime would kill endgame in "1 hit".

That's a stupendous amount of attack speed.

Good idea though. Stylish as hell... but it ignores armour? Are you sure?
Here are two infested weapons to look at for your reference when it comes to appearance.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/850245-infested-long-bow/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/821242-weapon-concept-infested-heavy-stance-weapon/

Reminds me ever so slightly of Saryns augment for the toxic clouds on melee kills... ever so slightly.

Edited by INight00
White text.

1 minute ago, Sulfuron said:

9.17 attack speed?, not even the fastest melee in the game with all attack speed mods would reach such number.

Also | This mutated Nikana creates thousands of nanoscopic spores that cling
to the bodies of enemies
. When a current of energy passes through the 
blade(channeling), all the spores explode killing the enemies they were attached to
as well as those in a small range around them.|
So like, regardless of enemy level, attach 1 spore and then channel and boom, the dude is gone.

Sounds way too OP, not even the glorious sniper tigris prime would kill endgame in "1 hit".

I'm so sorry, it was meant to say .917 attack speed. Thanks for pointing that out. Also, it's not that every spore *thousands* would do thousands of damage individually, more as it's a collective damage. I had balance in mind when I made this, the idea was that it would do around the damage of a regular hit, multiplied by the channeling multiplier, to pull out it's final damage. So say on a good raw damage build, it would hit at about 5k on explosion.

1 minute ago, fryhtan6 said:

Sounds too broken. DE you need to nerf this before it's even made.

I updated it. My apologies on the mistype for the attack speed, I also took off the complete enemy armor ignore, as that would be to much. As for the overpowered aspect, I wouldn't call it that much. It's a channel weapon, meaning it drains energy per hit, and if you run out of energy, it will kill you quickly.

5 hours ago, BlitzPrince said:

Suracyst (Sir - ah - sist)
This mutated Nikana creates thousands of nanoscopic spores that cling
to the bodies of enemies. When a current of energy passes through the 
blade, all the spores explode killing the enemies they were attached to
as well as those in a small range around them. However, this weapon
requires energy to feed it's needs, and if you cannot supply enough of it,
it will begin to use your health. (Ignores 25% of enemy armor)

Stats:
Attack Speed: .917
Critical Chance: 12%
Critical Multiplier: 2x
Damage Block: 60%
Leap Attack: 85
Spin Attack: 93
Status Chance: 20%
Wall Attack: 93

Impact: 3.4
Puncture: 4.20
Slash: 41.5

The damage and cost of the spores scale off Channeling stats, as well as total damage.

Need concept art, if anyone would like to help.

The end idea of this is to not deliver straight damage, but to be able to hit a generalized area of enemies and then kill them all at once, creating a satisfying experience. Fly through a room hitting all the enemies, then stand looking like a bad*** when you hit channel and all the enemies behind you explode.

...Even the most honorable types of weapons are bound to succumb to the infestation...

in all seriousness, I'd actually LIKE to have an Infested Nikana in Warframe should DE decide to try another Melee Submission contest (somewhere in the future)!

Alright, here's a really quick mockup I did in like 5 mins

cEqUbZ.jpg

My idea for the sword itself is that the two blades spread apart whenever the weapon is unsheathed. This includes not only attacking, but also the nikana idle animation as well, which I thought would be a cool little design.

The sheath itself is, well, a little phallic in shape, I'll admit. I tried to go for an appearance that loosely resembled some kind of creature (hence the leg-like rip things, and the patch of eyespots).

On 1/21/2018 at 11:55 PM, BlitzPrince said:

Maybe, increase the channel multiplier (5.0x should do it), as it is now, channeling multiplication doesn't do much.

19 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

My idea for the sword itself is that the two blades spread apart whenever the weapon is unsheathed. This includes not only attacking, but also the nikana idle animation as well, which I thought would be a cool little design.

The sheath itself is, well, a little phallic in shape, I'll admit. I tried to go for an appearance that loosely resembled some kind of creature (hence the leg-like rip things, and the patch of eyespots).

Neat and gross.

Edited by INight00

20 hours ago, GigantEdge said:

...Even the most honorable types of weapons are bound to succumb to the infestation...

in all seriousness, I'd actually LIKE to have an Infested Nikana in Warframe should DE decide to try another Melee Submission contest (somewhere in the future)!

Thank you for your support! :D 

5 hours ago, INight00 said:

Maybe, increase the channel multiplier (5.0x should do it), as it is now, channeling multiplication doesn't do much. (also that last image has explosions while channeling)

Neat and gross.

Too gross maybe? I guess I kind of got inspiration from the other more icky infested weapons we have.

I really like your designs too, they look far more sinister and physically sharper. I stuck to a fleshier, more bulbous look because it's splashing people with spores as opposed to actually slicing em, but your designs definitely look like they would kill. Take an upvote, my brudda

Edited by Almighty_Jado