The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When was the last time DE finished content?

Fallen_Echo

PoE is sort of a proof of concept and I think it proves the concept fairly well. I agree that it needs more polish, but as it is now, I think it's fairly well done and honestly I'd support more monster-hunter esque bosses and open areas. I was honestly surprised how well the concept worked tbh, the movement system honestly does a lot for me in terms of plains exploration. 

The thing about DE is that since it's an F2P game, it will almost inevitably have feature accretion in order to draw people into the game and give the fanbase something new. The constant updates honestly do a lot to keep the game fresh, but this does mean that the game will suffer from multiple systems lacking polish or being abandoned. I admit that this doesn't really bother me because I'm okay with content both good and bad, especially when it's free. But if you're not, you gotta realize that this is usually how F2P game development goes.

5 hours ago, Drasiel said:

And if it was a launcher bug that prevented that from showing which only affects new players who wouldn't know it existed in the first place? If there is no one to report a bug will it ever get fixed in a timely manner?

You are either very angry or very passionate about this, but you don't actually know the reasons the beta agreement vanished, and you don't actually know the reason it came back. Neither do I, but you are spreading opinion as fact without being open to the idea that it isn't all a sinister and malevolent plot. Perhaps have a glass of water and step back a bit as discussion with you on this topic will only end up in cyclic pattern with no positive to be gained from it for anybody.

Which bug was it that also kept the discoosure off of Steam AND THEIR OWN WEBSITE?

Nice try, though.

And yes, i am passionate about this. Betas dont last three years and come with a cash shop. Not to mention, testers get paid. So, if we have been testing a beta for years without that being disclosed, wheres my back pay?

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Which bug was it that also kept the discoosure off of Steam AND THEIR OWN WEBSITE?

Nice try, though.

And yes, i am passionate about this. Betas dont last three years and come with a cash shop. Not to mention, testers get paid. So, if we have been testing a beta for years without that being disclosed, wheres my back pay?

Not all testers are paid, you are confusing them with Quality Assurance testers who work for the company. Path of Exile was in open beta for years with a full cash shop, nobody seemed bothered by that game claiming beta status. Steam has never shown beta status at least not starting from U7 which was the start of open beta I'm not sure about before as I wasn't here. You don't need to sign a beta agreement to use the website or forums since there isn't an NDA the only place the beta notice needs to be is on launch of the game because that's the only thing it applies to.

although just for fun on the main page of the forums you can find this:

EmCJjA7.png

PC Beta Bugs.

If I had to guess I'd say "launch" would be when the devs are done with the Sol system. DE Steve has mentioned many times he wants to take us to the Tau system.

13 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Not all testers are paid, you are confusing them with Quality Assurance testers who work for the company. Path of Exile was in open beta for years with a full cash shop, nobody seemed bothered by that game claiming beta status. Steam has never shown beta status at least not starting from U7 which was the start of open beta I'm not sure about before as I wasn't here. You don't need to sign a beta agreement to use the website or forums since there isn't an NDA the only place the beta notice needs to be is on launch of the game because that's the only thing it applies to.

although just for fun on the main page of the forums you can find this:

EmCJjA7.png

PC Beta Bugs.

If I had to guess I'd say "launch" would be when the devs are done with the Sol system. DE Steve has mentioned many times he wants to take us to the Tau system.

And I'd say Launch is when you add a cash shop to a free game.

On 26/01/2018 at 6:05 AM, BlackCoMerc said:

And I'd say Launch is when you add a cash shop to a free game.

Warframe has had a cash shop since closed beta and likely before in alpha. In fact considering how the cash shop was there from the beginning with keystone, the shop in Warframe likely was too.