Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RECORDS & Rewards for higher tier Tenno!

(XBOX)F0LDEDPUPPY

I noticed that there are records that show player/clan times/waves completed on various missions. These records reset periodically. There is currently no real obvious use for having them, but I would like to suggest special rewards for those who top the tables at each reset. This would give the higher level players a new challenge and something to regularly compete for as they would be trying to better other players on their level, whilst also rewarding the players for managing to reach those levels. It would not only test warframe survivability, but also player concentration. skill & stamina. I've spoken to many high end players that are struggling to find things to keep them interested, this I believe could in part offer a solution that wouldn't affect other lower level players. Keep up the good work.

I struggle to find anything interesting to do. Rewarding people for topping the leaderboards will have no effect whatsoever on me playing. It would likely be the same people winning each week/period. Why should almost all the active players be penalised for not having 4 - 6 hours to spend in a single survival mission?

The rewards would have to be bad enough that the people that can never obtain them would not complain. Which makes it utterly pointless. (Being tradeable is not the answer, see the issues with a monopoly market)

The alternative is to make them good enough that they are worth getting. But that may harm the enjoyment of the game for many people. Why carry on playing if you cannot get the best stuff?

Edited by krc473

32 minutes ago, (Xbox One)F0LDEDPUPPY said:

I noticed that there are records that show player/clan times/waves completed on various missions. These records reset periodically. There is currently no real obvious use for having them, but I would like to suggest special rewards for those who top the tables at each reset. This would give the higher level players a new challenge and something to regularly compete for as they would be trying to better other players on their level, whilst also rewarding the players for managing to reach those levels. It would not only test warframe survivability, but also player concentration. skill & stamina. I've spoken to many high end players that are struggling to find things to keep them interested, this I believe could in part offer a solution that wouldn't affect other lower level players. Keep up the good work.

I would rather have smaller rewards for players achieving weekly milestones other than a Top10 ranking that gives rewards to only a very few.

On 25/01/2018 at 12:25 AM, krc473 said:

I struggle to find anything interesting to do. Rewarding people for topping the leaderboards will have no effect whatsoever on me playing. It would likely be the same people winning each week/period. Why should almost all the active players be penalised for not having 4 - 6 hours to spend in a single survival mission?

The rewards would have to be bad enough that the people that can never obtain them would not complain. Which makes it utterly pointless. (Being tradeable is not the answer, see the issues with a monopoly market)

The alternative is to make them good enough that they are worth getting. But that may harm the enjoyment of the game for many people. Why carry on playing if you cannot get the best stuff?

It’s not penalising as it’s not taking anything away from other players, it’s just a reward for those who have put that time and effort in. If you’re not at a level where you can complete LOR or JV or have the time, you don’t complain about being penalised for not being able to complete it because you want the emblems. Or perhaps you do? 

I wasn’t suggesting tradable rewards, just something for those players, a random reward similar to those in login. 

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)F0LDEDPUPPY said:

If you’re not at a level where you can complete LOR or JV or have the time, you don’t complain about being penalised for not being able to complete it because you want the emblems. Or perhaps you do

I do not know the general opinion on this one. I have them all, so I have no opinion on this matter.

It’s not penalising as it’s not taking anything away from other players, it’s just a reward for those who have put that time and effort in

But it is penalising people. Being the best (or top 10) requires a significant amount of effort/time, not everyone can do this. So you are penalising people who cannot - they did not lose anything, but there was no chance they could have tried to compete. How would you feel if DE decided to put say a frame in this system, and only the best one person all round gets it each week? Of course this is penalising people. This would only be an issue if the rewards were worth getting of course. An extra morphics here or there is not going to bother anyone.

I wasn’t suggesting tradable rewards, just something for those players, a random reward similar to those in login. 

At least on PC, I always find the login rewards terrible. If DE decided we could have stuff similar to the login rewards for a "you are the best" prize, I would not even try. That is when we get to the problem. Its not really 'competitive' if the prize is terrible, because no one wants it, and no one will bother. A straight this person/these people are the best, so they get a prize is a terrible idea. It will have a negative effect on people. Yes, its something for the top people to aim for, but, why do we need this?

I would think a system like the conclave weeklies would be a better choice - everyone can get them. That way, you can also have good prizes without everyone complaining. 

Edited by krc473
Wrong word

Well, mission rewards should improve with level. Maybe drop rare stuff twice as often after 1h survival and thrice as often after 2h.

Some reward for killing lvl 300 enemies.

Besides they do give sweet affinity and credits. But again not enough.

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, krc473 said:

I do not know the general opinion on this one. I have them all, so I have no opinion on this matter.

But it is penalising people. Being the best (or top 10) requires a significant amount of effort/time, not everyone can do this. So you are penalising people who cannot - they did not lose anything, but there was no chance they could have tried to compete. How would you feel if DE decided to put say a frame in this system, and only the best one person all round gets it each week? Of course this is penalising people. This would only be an issue if the rewards were worth getting of course. An extra morphics here or there is not going to bother anyone.

At least on PC, I always find the login rewards terrible. If DE decided we could have stuff similar to the login rewards for a "you are the best" prize, I would not even try. That is when we get to the problem. Its not really 'competitive' if the prize is terrible, because no one wants it, and no one will bother. A straight this person/these people are the best, so they get a prize is a terrible idea. It will have a negative effect on people. Yes, its something for the top people to aim for, but, why do we need this?

I would think a system like the conclave weeklies would be a better choice - everyone can get them. That way, you can also have good prizes without everyone complaining. 

It's an idea for those already at that level and achieving the top 10. Even if DE decided to put a frame in there, then it's no different to mastery locked frames or to ignis wraith with clans that joined post the event, certain mods or ANYTHING vaulted. I'm sure they'd put it in a marketplace pack or make it tradeable. If you can't get in the top 10 it will give you something to work for if you wanted those rewards. Get better, make your warframes/weapons stronger. I've been doing IO to wave 70 and survivals for 1hr+  since I was MR 7/8 simply because I've researched plenty and put the work into building my frames & weapons to be really strong. If login type rewards aren't good enough, then maybe sortie type rewards? Please don't kill skill and effort so we can be handed all rewards as soon as we start.

Edited by (XB1)F0LDEDPUPPY

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, Eljureo said:

Well, mission rewards should improve with level. Maybe drop rare stuff twice as often after 1h survival and thrice as often after 2h.

Some reward for killing lvl 300 enemies.

Besides they do give sweet affinity and credits. But again not enough.

I agree :)