Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don’t know how to use operator on Xbox during missions

(XBOX)FlameBoss57192

Question

10 answers to this question

On Xbox One, I think there's only one button configuration for doing this - hold either bumper button in, then press the other (operator mode switch is down by pressing L1 + R1, but holding either button and tapping the other works fine for this).  On PS4 we also can press the touchpad, but that doesn't apply to you.

Returning to your frame uses the same button combo (just in case you didn't try this experimentally!)

Edited by (PS4)Voidkraken
Added comment about returning to your frame too

9 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Your passive abilities dont activate until you jump out of your warframe either so I hope you figure it out asap.  

He might not have earned enough focus to unlock a Focus school/abilities yet - but that's a good point!

For the OP - Each of the Focus schools has passive abilities, some of which apply to your Warframe as well as your operator. These default to "not applied" until you first jump into your operator mode (you'll see new buff icons appear next to your health bar when you do this the first time in a mission).  You also need to do this after reviving, as they are reset on death too. For more info on Focus, the wiki is probably your best stop for more general info:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus_2.0

Ive found the easiest way is Holding LB and then pressing RB, same way to get back in too.  

ive had mixed results personally pressing both together so I do the one then other trick.  Reason I do L then R is because R triggers your abilities so you end up casting your warframe ability instead of entering transference. 

Once you have enough focus to unlock your first nodes the effect is automatically applies the first time you activate transference so get into the habit of going into Operator mode as soon as possible in th emission (especially if you are Zenurik or Naramon (I think for the bonus XP)

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tyreal2012 said:

Ive found the easiest way is Holding LB and then pressing RB, same way to get back in too.  

ive had mixed results personally pressing both together so I do the one then other trick.  Reason I do L then R is because R triggers your abilities so you end up casting your warframe ability instead of entering transference. 

Once you have enough focus to unlock your first nodes the effect is automatically applies the first time you activate transference so get into the habit of going into Operator mode as soon as possible in th emission (especially if you are Zenurik or Naramon (I think for the bonus XP)

I do it the opposite way.  I hold RB then press LB.  If you tap RB it will perform the power you are set to.  If you hold, it awaits a further button input.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

I do it the opposite way.  I hold RB then press LB.  If you tap RB it will perform the power you are set to.  If you hold, it awaits a further button input.

I do it that way but it uses my ability for the operator 

EDIT: when I do that it doesn’t go into my operator only uses the ability for it

Edited by (XB1)FlameBoss57192