Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to Transfer/Trade Platinum

Foxbyte

If the trading system is going to be non-existant or very limited I would like to see, at the very least, the ability to transfer platinum between accounts. I'd love to get a friend into the game by buying them something really nifty, or in a recent case a friend of mine missed out on a Reactor because of a miscommunication, so I really would love to buy him one.

Any thoughts on Platinum Trading? Would it be a feature worth putting in?

I'd rather see a platinum gifting service, as in you buy them platinum, instead of trading it to them. Trading has been brought up a lot, it does raise some questions though.

Also exploitable, if not a bit less exploitable...

LoL had this thing where if someone was on your friends list for a few weeks, they enabled gifting around the holidays...

Also exploitable, if not a bit less exploitable...

LoL had this thing where if someone was on your friends list for a few weeks, they enabled gifting around the holidays...

I've never played any MMO that had a gifting system that could be exploited. What kind of bad design would it to take to do that?

This is so much learning for me.

YES! please?!

a Gifting or Trading system!

i have a poor Clan/Guildee who is awesome to play with - just kicks a-- without complaining, helps out all the the lowbies, and doesn't ask for anything.

the perfect candidate to gift stuff to!

LOL i'm one of those sharing is caring players.

I'm not rich, i'm just willing to spend more money than i should on "fun" (then eat sh-t when it comes time to paying iRL bills =P )

I bring this is up because there is a nice chunk of players who share a similar rationale among other excuses, to spend money for the purpose of trading and gifting.

Of course we cannot leave out the hustlers either. There are those players who will spend cash for in game credit in order to generate more in game credit. The idea of profiting alone, regardless to the type of reward, drives these players to spend iRL cash in game.

All in all, more money for DE = more developed game fun for us!

Maybe not an in-game system, but it might be neat to have a gifting option when you're actually buying Platinum. Have it work like gifting games on Steam, just say it's a gift, enter a username, then pay and send it their way.

I can't imagine anyone finding a way to exploit something like that, but what do I know? :p

EDIT: Oh, look, I guess Neriglissar already suggested it. That'll teach me to skim.

Edited by mcjon01

#1- Implement Platinum/credits trading/gifting

#2- Warframe gets added to gold exchange sites

#3- Profit! (for gold selling sites)

#4- Loss! (For DE and us)

Reason is simple. The more platinum you buy at DE store, the cheaper is the money-for-plat ratio. Gold exchange sites buy the largest bundle in bulk, then apply a slightly increased rate for the lowest amount of platinum sold at DE that costs more than the lowest choice in DE store, but also gives almost as much as the second choice while costing less than the second choice at DE store..

I won't name names, but i used to know people who knew people who worked with gold farming for profit business. So people probably didn't understand the "business model" i explained (i also left out a S#&$ton of details as to not make this a wall of boring business text), but this is how it works. If it didn't, there wouldn't be gold stores.

Edited by ruivoml

But with my idea, I don't think there's any mechanism for reselling platinum, is there? Unless I'm missing something. Any time anybody makes a purchase of platinum from DE it would get dropped into somebody's account (either the buyer's or whoever they want to give it to), and from there the only thing you can do with it is spend it in the game.

please implement some sort of trade system.

it woud really help you guys generate some more money.

i posted here before with a little bit of input but here's some more.

last night, i ran a few planets with the clan mate i mentioned previously

YES! please?!

a Gifting or Trading system!

i have a poor Clan/Guildee who is awesome to play with - just kicks a-- without complaining, helps out all the the lowbies, and doesn't ask for anything.

the perfect candidate to gift stuff to!

LOL i'm one of those sharing is caring players.

I'm not rich, i'm just willing to spend more money than i should on "fun" (then eat sh-t when it comes time to paying iRL bills =P )

All in all, more money for DE = more developed game fun for us!

loves the game but can't support DE.

there's no trading system.

i sent the necessary funds required for him to become a Disciple through Paypal - this proved to be hassle in itself.

In the end, he was able to get the Plat i wanted to send AND get tagged as a dev supporter =D

i know i'm not the only nice player out here.

cash in on the "nice players" =)

also, an in-game auction house of some sort. maybe non paying players will be able to buy items that were bought by Plat players for Credits instead?

or better yet, paying players can sell Plat to free players so free players have another means to access "Plat only" store items.

i'd like to hike up the prices (vs. selling to the in game shop for credits) on these MODS i keep having to sell off =P

hahahaha like in any MMO with an auction house.

Digital Extremes are game developers. They know how to make games, not (and please forgive me Overlord Rebecca if i'm wrong) how to make money (they have no publisher. And this is the publisher's role). So i wouldn't make something like this without a lot of brainstorming going inside DE and consulting with actual experts with the freemium model.

All said, i wouldn't like to see this in the game... yet. I like Warframe too much and i don't want it ot flop. And a move like this is high-risk, and could FUBAR the game to kingdom's come.

If they didn't have any experts on marketing they wouldn't have any of their games on the market, I can tell you that. They are not innocently naive just because they have no publisher, it just means they have no major company that funds them.

If they didn't have any experts on marketing they wouldn't have any of their games on the market, I can tell you that. They are not innocently naive just because they have no publisher, it just means they have no major company that funds them.

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I know they have experts in marketing. They just don't have experts in freemium marketing as far as i know (or advertising.. since Digital Extremes is one of the best game-developers in the @(*()$ world but a lot of people have no idea who they are).

Edited by ruivoml

Digital Extremes are game developers. They know how to make games, not (and please forgive me Overlord Rebecca if i'm wrong) how to make money (they have no publisher. And this is the publisher's role). So i wouldn't make something like this without a lot of brainstorming going inside DE and consulting with actual experts with the freemium model.

I'm sure DE has a little department that is on this subject.

I have to agree with G3rman that if DE is in any way lacking some sort of Marketing Department, we would not be here right now on this Forum.

But I have to agree with you on this part

All said, i wouldn't like to see this in the game... yet. I like Warframe too much and i don't want it ot flop. And a move like this is high-risk, and could FUBAR the game to kingdom's come.

without the heaviest consideration, a trading system and auction house could potentially send this game south.

i'm hoping with lessons learned from other games based on this F2P model and with the input of players, DE can come up with a decently balanced trade system.

I'm sure DE has a little department that is on this subject.

I have to agree with G3rman that if DE is in any way lacking some sort of Marketing Department, we would not be here right now on this Forum.

Here due to word of mouth, the most free of marketing.

Can someone explain how a simple "click here to make this platinum purchase for another player/send the platinum to that player" can be exploited?

Edited by TheChaffeemancer

Here due to word of mouth, the most free of marketing.

Can someone explain how a simple "click here to make this platinum purchase for another player/send the platinum to that player" can be exploited?

I actually sat down for almost two hours and crunched the numbers, trying to make some sort of equation that a gold-site would apply to sell plat there, and directly reply to your question. Nothing works.

I know my math.. but i believe that the guy behind the prices on the plat bundes here on DE's is a math genius (Plus, he's ripping you all off US$0,25 cents on the 2100 bundle, just so you know. It should cost US$99,75 according to their ratio. But their ratio is variable, and i couldn't understand the reason......)

I can't find a logical conclusion as to how that could be exploited.... and i must admit that while i haven't been involved, i'm very much aware of the math involved behind a lot of gold sales in the various sites. Warframe's Plat store looks bullet-proof as it can get.

Edited by ruivoml