Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Eidolon changes

Kokomala

Minor background, I typically solo capture the Eidolon or go with friends, with the occasional random group. Since the patch I've done 1 solo kill and 1 solo capture. I typically pick up 3 lures when I solo (as Chroma) as 2 are slightly risky on the RNG for damage taken. My kill was due to 1 lure failing to teleport resulting in my other 2 lures being killed (I was waiting to see the teleport in action rather than get another lure). My kill was smooth sailing when grabbing 4 lures (just to split the damage) and babysitting them more (ie: ensuring frame was next to them for Elemental Ward which was frequent re-positioning).

New shield bar is amazing, I really like it. Far easier to judge shield damage output and when it is going to go down. Lures now have a yellow shield marker on the UI which changes to blue once they are charged so no need to waypoint tag them. I haven't managed to get a lure to teleport to me yet (further than 600m), so I have no idea what triggers that yet.

The lure's following the active frame/operator is a nerf/buff. It's a buff because you are almost certain that they will always be nearby and in range for when a limb goes down. It's a nerf because you rely on operator void mode to avoid damage during the fight, however as they follow the active frame/operator the homing missiles will nearly always hit the lures when targeting the operator - especially if you go into void mode to avoid the damage. As such they take far more damage than previously. I understand that the fight is aimed for groups (faster kill = less damage), but as you can't heal the lures outside of warframe abilities it was already a harder fight unless you stacked 3+ lures to split the damage.

Suggestions:

* Add a red enemy marker on the Eidolon once the shield is damaged for the first time.

* Once linked to the Eidolon have the lures automatically follow the Eidolon if not already following a player. Ranged can be tweaked however I'd suggest ~2/3 their link range as a starting point. This maintains the lures logic following the active frame/operator but allows solo players a QOL alternative. This way the lures will not take excessive damage from abilities (homing rockets) that are targeted on the operator without having the player constantly micro managing the positioning of the lures.

I preferred it when the lures followed whichever mode the player hacked them with. Had a lot more control over them. Now if you want a similar effect you only have the much clunkier stop/follow commands. As for keeping them in range, that was just a matter of paying attention.

Why would you want to position the lures? Mostly to keep them away from the Teralyst's feet, for example if you need to grab something or revive something under their feet (usually a pet with terrible AI). Or to stop them getting in the way of the fight as you move around. Having lures follow you around all the time is a nuisance.

Edited by schilds