The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh Look, Another One Of These: Gorgon Vs. Hek

MrPoopfeels

Question

I've forma'd my Gorgon because I was having so much fun with it. It tears S#&$ up. Unfortunately, by the time I hit level 15 or so of a defense mission, I'm usually all out ammo even with a full set of ammo packs.

:(

My second favourite weapon is the Hek.

I'm just wondering if I should keep formaing the gorgon and hope the ammo situation gets better with higher dmg, or switch back to the hek and work on that, hoping it'll reach the awesomeness of the gorgon?

I'm doing a lot of T1/2 void runs, which option would be better once I can do T3?

Any input appreciated.

17 answers to this question

Ditch both and get a bow for great damage, crits, and ammo economy. Most people use Despair/Acrid instead of a primary anyways. The best Primaries out right now for you to get are....

Latron P

Braton P

Paris P

Lanka

Ogris

Dread

Torid

Flux

Supra

Vandaltron

I probably forgot a few but see if one of those fits your playstyle

Ditch both and get a bow for great damage, crits, and ammo economy. Most people use Despair/Acrid instead of a primary anyways. The best Primaries out right now for you to get are....

Latron P

Braton P

Paris P

Lanka

Ogris

Dread

Torid

Flux

Supra

Vandaltron

I probably forgot a few but see if one of those fits your playstyle

Not sure why you included Lanka when it's really only useful on Corpus once you get higher and higher.

If you participated in the Fomorian event, use an ammo mutator.

I do have that, the problem is that I already have fast hands to mitigate reload speed, mag warp to lower reloads, speed trigger to eliminate the problem with the spool up, and if I were to put in another mod to solve one of the gorgon's issues it would really impact my dmg.

I do have that, the problem is that I already have fast hands to mitigate reload speed, mag warp to lower reloads, speed trigger to eliminate the problem with the spool up, and if I were to put in another mod to solve one of the gorgon's issues it would really impact my dmg.

I'd take the ammo conversion in place of fast hands or mag warp, and have a reliable sidearm for when you need to put down whatever is left between reloads.

lol @ implying that the Hek has worse ammo economy than a bow

Edited by Brimir

Gorgon vs Hek is like comparing a tank to a fighter jet, or an apple to an orange.

They do very different things in different ways.

But yes, I can personally vouch for Rifle Ammo Mutation on a Gorgon.

I went till wave 20 on Xini, and was able to start each wave with 500-540 ammo, despite me going down as low as 200 on some waves.

And that was Rank TWO, not 3.

Edited by Xylia

Not sure why you included Lanka when it's really only useful on Corpus once you get higher and higher.

Talking about its 200 electric? Well they changed it, it does 250 serrated damage now.

Also, on old Lanka the scaling for AP damage alone put it near Dread in damage with moderate-slim margins between them, so it was never a bad weapon, it's just that now it's indisputably god tier.

I don't like Rifle Mutation. It scales so poorly vs. the other Mutations. It doesn't take clip size into account; unranked you will only get like 2-3 bullets per ammo. Now, 2-3 arrows is awesome but 2-3 bullets for the Gorgon? Not so much. This allows you to stick an unranked Mutation for a bow where you will need to level it to high heavens for a Rifle, especially one like Gorgon...

I don't like Rifle Mutation. It scales so poorly vs. the other Mutations. It doesn't take clip size into account; unranked you will only get like 2-3 bullets per ammo. Now, 2-3 arrows is awesome but 2-3 bullets for the Gorgon? Not so much. This allows you to stick an unranked Mutation for a bow where you will need to level it to high heavens for a Rifle, especially one like Gorgon...

My favorite part is how rarer ammo types don't give you more than a standard rifle ammo pickup does. Wouldn't it make sense for sniper ammo to give like 25 or 30 shots when you have the esteemed privilege of picking one up? Whoops! There I go again... trying apply that logic stuff again... in Warframe.

If only they treated logic like they treat the lore.

My favorite part is how rarer ammo types don't give you more than a standard rifle ammo pickup does. Wouldn't it make sense for sniper ammo to give like 25 or 30 shots when you have the esteemed privilege of picking one up? Whoops! There I go again... trying apply that logic stuff again... in Warframe.

If only they treated logic like they treat the lore.

I don't think you understand my point here.

Just tossing it in there, the shotgun mutation does give more ammo on sniper rifle packs then normal rifle packs, I would think the rest are the same. I also recently played a round in xini where one of them just sat there with a supra and had no ammo problems at all reaching wave 20 with his rifle mutation.

Hek is one of the best weapons until armor starts to be a problem...

with a potato and 1-2 forma you can easly take out lvl 80+ heavies in 1 magazine (6 shots)

Under lvl 50-60 Hek is a 1-hit-kill weapon and you never run out of ammos.

Not many weapons match the Hek tbh

The hate on the Lanka in this thread is just funny.

Seriously, properly built it's one of the top 5 DPS weapons, the single top Burst damage weapon, and can literally 1-shot LvL 180 ancients, heavy gunners, and corpus techs. Having problems with a T3Defense? Bring a Lanka and remove all of the heavy units from play.

Top 5 weapons in terms of raw DPS:

Acrid - 16k

Sobek - 10k

Supra - 9.9k

Lanka - 9.8k

Despair - 9.6k

Not sure if you're aware, it has been buffed to 250 base damage, and the damage type is now Serrated Blade instead of Electric.

It's the best sniper rifle in the game (or rather, the best bow because of the charge fire + projectile travel mechanic lol) for raw damage, the 10 shot magazine and fast reload is just gravy. The only thing that may put people off using it is the charge fire thing. The travel time isn't all that bad, because it's still really fast, faster than any arrow or the Boltor bolts.