Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Put Mastery Rank Attempts outside of mission

lettrehaben

So i've tried mastery rank test from 9 to 10, and when i launch the mission it didn't even let me get into the mission, somehow it bugged and i went on my ship after loading 2 times. and been asking around the chat for quite a while.

here a suggestion why don't the attempts be put outside of the mission instead, so when there is a bug it acts as a failsafe

Edit : I've been playing this beautiful game for a month now and this is the only problem i found so far, on which i think need to be addressed quickly

Edited by lettrehaben
P.S

Just now, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

I'm sorry , I'm really confused what you mean by "Put it outside of Mission"

Say when you fail to do the objectives of mastery rank test, you got 2 attempts left out of 3. but that attempts is all inside the map of the test, so instead of putting the attempts inside test maps, why not putting it before you enter the test, i hope this makes it clear

So what you're trying to say is that you're asking for multiple attempts at the Mastery test per day?
We already have that, Head to a Relay, Head over to Simaris' Room, to the right is a stairway that has all of the Mastery Tests and you can head over to the one you're on and practice it as much as you want before you actually take the Test.

I think I understand what you are saying. That said, doing a thing like that could easily create even more problems, such as performance issues/lag for example. The issue is because due to it loading the instance of it outside the mission, the internal files will try to execute both the mission command and the commands for the relay/orbiter, which would most likely result in crashing the the client program at best, or the entire server at worst. Additionally, you have to keep in mind that programming needs to be clear and concise for anybody looking at the underlying program and making changes. You can't just go around and mess with the source code all willy-nilly.

1 minute ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

So what you're trying to say is that you're asking for multiple attempts at the Mastery test per day?
We already have that, Head to a Relay, Head over to Simaris' Room, to the right is a stairway that has all of the Mastery Tests and you can head over to the one you're on and practice it as much as you want before you actually take the Test.

Not what OP is saying at all. There is a difference between failing the test being unable to attempt it because the game glitches out.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Not what OP is saying at all. There is a difference between failing the test being unable to attempt it because the game glitches out.

" Say when you fail to do the objectives of mastery rank test, you got 2 attempts left out of 3. but that attempts is all inside the map of the test, so instead of putting the attempts inside test maps, why not putting it before you enter the test, i hope this makes it clear "

I'm sorry but that's the only thing I could get from how they wrote their response. Heck I don't even see where you're getting this fail versus glitch thing~

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

I think I understand what you are saying. That said, doing a thing like that could easily create even more problems, such as performance issues/lag for example. The issue is because due to it loading the instance of it outside the mission, the internal files will try to execute both the mission command and the commands for the relay/orbiter, which would most likely result in crashing the the client program at best, or the entire server at worst. Additionally, you have to keep in mind that programming needs to be clear and concise for anybody looking at the underlying program and making changes. You can't just go around and mess with the source code all willy-nilly.

if that's the case i think i can understand, but i hope oneday it have a better system that can fix this kind of problem

" Say when you fail to do the objectives of mastery rank test, you got 2 attempts left out of 3. but that attempts is all inside the map of the test, so instead of putting the attempts inside test maps, why not putting it before you enter the test, i hope this makes it clear "

I'm sorry but that's the only thing I could get from how they wrote their response. Heck I don't even see where you're getting this fail versus glitch thing~

look at the first post. Here. Will even clear it up slightly(paraphrase) for you: 

When I attempted to play my MR 10 test, the game bugged out. Instead of loading me in, the game attempted to load twice before kicking me back to my orbiter.

Hope that helps you understand the problem there.

4 minutes ago, lettrehaben said:

if that's the case i think i can understand, but i hope oneday it have a better system that can fix this kind of problem

I agree that it is a problem that they will have to look into. It just sucks that there is no simple solution to the problem.

13 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

no that's not what i meant,im not sure if i have a bad way of explaining things sorry for that though

here im gonna explain one more time, first im not talking about the practice, im talking about the qualify, here what i suggest, so when you qualify and you fail to do the objectives "once" you immediately leaves the test, and when you want to try again you need to click the qualify button and do the test. so you dont get the "additional" attempts inside of the test.

Edited by lettrehaben

3 minutes ago, lettrehaben said:

no that's not what i meant,im not sure if i have a bad way of explaining things sorry for that though

here im gonna explain one more time, first im not talking about the practice, im talking about the qualify, here what i suggest, so when you qualify and you fail to do the objectives "once" you immediately leaves the test, and when you want to try again you need to click the qualify button and do the test. so you dont get the attempts inside of the test.

Not saying this to be mean or picking on you or anything but yes ... you have a very bad way of explaining things.
Because if I'm getting what you're wanting than it's the same thing as having multiple chances per day... because Entering the test, failing, leaving, and then entering again is a 2nd attempt at the test. You can change your gear and try again... the point of attempts being IN the test is to try again like Lives in a stage and some of the tests don't even have attempts... you get one try and that's it.

Not saying this to be mean or picking on you or anything but yes ... you have a very bad way of explaining things.
Because if I'm getting what you're wanting than it's the same thing as having multiple chances per day... because Entering the test, failing, leaving, and then entering again is a 2nd attempt at the test. You can change your gear and try again... the point of attempts being IN the test is to try again like Lives in a stage and some of the tests don't even have attempts... you get one try and that's it.

The reason why they mentioned how you get multiple attempts at certain MR tests if you fail was more just to point out there was a function there that they thought would be good to just move its positioning in the source code in order to fix the problem. That said though, that probably would not fix the problem anyway. The reason why that would not really fix it is because it is not addressing the bug at the source. All it would accomplish would just be that the bug becomes harder to fix because it is no longer isolated.

Do you play with limited frame rate?  There was a Mastery Test I tried a while back that auto failed after loading a black screen then dumping me back to the ship, next time I tried it I happened to have FPS displayed and during that black screen it shot up to over 6,000FPS before returning to normal values as it dumped me back to the ship with a fail.  Next day I set Vertical Sync on to limit the FPS to 60 and it loaded fine.

2 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Do you play with limited frame rate?  There was a Mastery Test I tried a while back that auto failed after loading a black screen then dumping me back to the ship, next time I tried it I happened to have FPS displayed and during that black screen it shot up to over 6,000FPS before returning to normal values as it dumped me back to the ship with a fail.  Next day I set Vertical Sync on to limit the FPS to 60 and it loaded fine.

i dont remember what fps i had when i load the test but normaly i always have like 29-ish fps in all loading , and i always have Vertical Sync turned off and max framerate at 60 fps, the mouse lag when vertical sync turned on is unbearable to me.

If I remember correctly there is now an option to set a max framerate other than vertical sync in which case you could try using that to for something like 120FPS instead of the 60 or 50 that V-Sync will give.  Once that test is done you can set the options back to how you like them.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:53 PM, lettrehaben said:

here im gonna explain one more time, first im not talking about the practice, im talking about the qualify, here what i suggest, so when you qualify and you fail to do the objectives "once" you immediately leaves the test, and when you want to try again you need to click the qualify button and do the test. so you dont get the "additional" attempts inside of the test.

Not all tests have multiple attempts allowed. Also the fails don't always reset the test back to the first step. These two aspects would create a lot of problems trying to move the retries outside of the mission environment. For the first part, okay, you add a counter based on how many resets you get in the test. But during a parkour test, you get respawned on the last "safe" location, with the clock still ticking. How would you put that outside the mission environment?

10 minutes ago, Himenoinu said:

For the first part, okay, you add a counter based on how many resets you get in the test. But during a parkour test, you get respawned on the last "safe" location, with the clock still ticking. How would you put that outside the mission environment?

good thinking, no argument for that