Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Larva Burst - Glad this only cost standing...

YT_OldManTenno

5 minutes ago, BrokenBullet said:

The augment is supposed to be for lower level missions. You don't need any energy to detonate the larva. Specifically made for quickly running through lower level content.

Virulence costs very little and gives him stacks that he needs. Also, Nidus isn't designed for doing low level missions. He's at home doing a long survival. Second of all, if you're low level you wouldn't have access to this mod or even Nidus. Just feels like this wasn't thought out well.

Edited by WS6Lethal

*says it doesnt do good damage...USES IT ON ANCIENT HEALERS*....of ALL the enemies you could have tested it on you do the one that has a 90% damage reduction to itself and its allies until hit with radiation dmg or killed.....

Edited by Kalvorax

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Actually it is very usefull, it opens Nidus up to long duration builds for his 3 and 4 without sacrificing his ability to CC. Think utility instead of damage. 

This doesn't add any extra CC. If you wanted to control them longer, you just cast it again once it expires.

Just now, WS6Lethal said:

This doesn't add any extra CC. If you wanted to control them longer, you just cast it again once it expires.

Read again, with long duration you`ll be waiting for it to expire, which means you have no means of reliable cc at your disposal. 

With the augment in, you can build for long duration so that your 3 and 4 stay as long as possible and you can reap much more from them, and have a wide aoe constantly at your disposal. 

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Read again, with long duration you`ll be waiting for it to expire, which means you have no means of reliable cc at your disposal. 

With the augment in, you can build for long duration so that your 3 and 4 stay as long as possible and you can reap much more from them, and have a wide aoe constantly at your disposal. 

Problem is that the aoe only affects the enemies that are within the #2.

When it did Viral it was somewhat viable since you can just halve a group's health and they would lose some tankiness, but now that they changed it to toxin, i really don't see any use to it, except maybe for some Corpus missions.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

Not everything in the game is "tons of damage in the simulacrum" territory, being able to dispatch lower digits on wider terf is also a good thing and CC is rather important factor.

It doesn't add CC. The only advantage of it I see is that I could turn it off if I wanted to. If I wanted to cast it in another place, I'd just kill the original group and cast it again.

Just now, WS6Lethal said:

It doesn't add CC. The only advantage of it I see is that I could turn it off if I wanted to. If I wanted to cast it in another place, I'd just kill the original group and cast it again.

There is a difference between remote detonation (still don't know how far is the detonation range) and expanding more resources (be it ammo or getting in melee range). 
Nidus players have been asking for some time to get a fast and cost efficient AoE for mid tier content (up until t3 sorties and t5 bounties), and now when they get it - the issue is that it does it job as intended?

hace 58 minutos, WS6Lethal dijo:

Virulence costs very little and gives him stacks that he needs. Also, Nidus isn't designed for doing low level missions. He's at home doing a long survival. Second of all, if you're low level you wouldn't have access to this mod or even Nidus. Just feels like this wasn't thought out well.

Thats the point ... he its not desing for low lvl mision ... thats why they put this mod , to help him in that aspenct , its no that hard to understand .

hace 55 minutos, WS6Lethal dijo:

If his #1 didn't exist, I'd say maybe so. But it's a damaging augment that doesn't do as much damage as Virulence, nor does it give the stacks he desperately needs.

Again , its aiming for "rush" misions ... you are not going to gain stacks there not matter what you do (if your team its decent ) . Its not for endless survive or playin in simulacrum , its an utility mod ... its only to fix a desing problem of the character .

Edited by Yagamilight123

14 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Again , its aiming for "rush" misions ... you are not going to gain stacks there not matter what you do (if your team its decent ) . Its not for endless survive or playin in simulacrum , its an utility mod ... its only to fix a desing problem of the character .

At this point, I think most people will just want to pick a rush frame to fit the situation better.

51 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

There is a difference between remote detonation (still don't know how far is the detonation range) and expanding more resources (be it ammo or getting in melee range). 
Nidus players have been asking for some time to get a fast and cost efficient AoE for mid tier content (up until t3 sorties and t5 bounties), and now when they get it - the issue is that it does it job as intended?

It only affects those that are in the Larva, so there is no range for it. So again, it's just better to use Virulence.

22 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Thats the point ... he its not desing for low lvl mision ... thats why they put this mod , to help him in that aspenct , its no that hard to understand .

I guess if people are going to play low level missions forever, maybe... But Ember is much better at that and much easier to get.