Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vor's Prize tutorial - weapon selection inconsistency

Ninjamander

I notice that during the vor's prize quest, they is a part where you have a choice between the skana, mk1-bo and mk1-furax. My issue with it is you can buy both mk1 into the market but you are unable to buy the skana (you have to craft it). I find this punishing toward player who took the mk1 weapon instead of the skana,

A possible solution would be adding the ability to buy the skana with credit in the market.

Edited by Ninjamander

But, you can just build it...?

It's not really a game breaking weapon, they aren't missing out on anything by not choosing it, it's not hurting their progression in anyway, how are they being punished? 

I agree with Chipputer that all the starter weapons should be available for credits, because consistency, I just don't understand how they're being punished. 

Edited by MagPrime

Just now, MagPrime said:

But, you can just build it...?

It's not really a game breaking weapon, they aren't missing out on anything by not choosing it, it's not hurting their progression in anyway, how are they being punished? 

Punished is probably the wrong word but it's definitely an issue as it's the only starter weapon that you cannot purchase for no apparent reason.

It's especially strange considering it's the weapon you see in a lot of the promotional artwork featuring Excalibur.

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Punished is probably the wrong word but it's definitely an issue as it's the only starter weapon that you cannot purchase for no apparent reason.

It's especially strange considering it's the weapon you see in a lot of the promotional artwork featuring Excalibur.

Punished is the wrong word if the issue is consistency.  

IIRC, Skana was a default starter before the new tutorial, so it's probably just an oversight that no one has brought up. 

10 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Punished is the wrong word if the issue is consistency.  

IIRC, Skana was a default starter before the new tutorial, so it's probably just an oversight that no one has brought up. 

I apologize, I probably did use the wrong word for this, I admit that English is not my native/primary language.

Out of curiosity, what would be the appropriate word in this scenario?

Edited by Ninjamander

6 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

I apologize, I probably did use the wrong word for this, I admit that English is not my native/primary language.

Out of curiosity, what would be the appropriate word in this scenario?

If the issue is the weapon not being consistent with the rest of the starter weapons, then "consistency" would be more appropriate.  

And you are correct, it should be more in line with the other starter weapons.  I think it may have just been an oversight on DE's part and nothing aimed at actually punishing players for not picking an iconic weapon. 

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

If the issue is the weapon not being consistent with the rest of the starter weapons, then "consistency" would be more appropriate.  

And you are correct, it should be more in line with the other starter weapons.  I think it may have just been an oversight on DE's part and nothing aimed at actually punishing players for not picking an iconic weapon. 

thanks!, I will edit the title right away

Just now, Ninjamander said:

thanks!, I will edit the title right away

You said English isn't your first, so here's the definition of the two words.  (I'm not being snarky or anything, just trying to help clear up definitions for future use)

Spoiler

pzmVFvE.png?1

QRxBdlm.png?1