The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

I updated my windows and now i have drops from 55-60fps to 20-22 fps

Sirfol

Hi

This morning i updated my windows 10, and the first thing i did was opening warframe.

now my frame drop randomly from 55-60fps to 20-22, but it's not istantaneous (like stuttering) it first go 40 then 45->30-35->20-22, it stays like that for 10 sec and return to the nominal 55-60 until the next dip. i have PhysX off, shadow low,color correction off.

the next thing i did was opening my pannel ctrl+alt+canc to see.

when the fps is normal the GPU stay 80-94% usage,CPU is 14-18%, 17ms Time

When the fps drop happen the GPU fall to 40% even 30%, the CPU drop to 3-10% and the Time increase to a wooping 27.6ms

the memory usage remains the same. all of this happen in the orbiter, even in idle without looking at anything, it simply happens. it's like mini heart attack. plus i have this new column with written GPU engine (which i don't understand the function but near warframe is written GP1-3D and in firefox is GP0-3D)

Yesterday i played 5 hours and didn't experience any trouble or performance issue.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz

Ram: 12GB

GPU Geforce 940 MX (i know i know...)

Hi Sirfol,

First, it would be a good idea to make sure that you are running on the latest GeForce drivers. It looks like there was actually a driver update released for the 940 MX today (the 390.77 WHQL). http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/130637/en-us

If that doesn't help, do you notice any difference if you try playing Warframe in DirectX 9 mode? This can be toggled by disabling "DirectX10 / 11" in the launcher settings. While you're there, you might want to try clicking Verify and Optimize under "Download Cache".

launcher01.png.9c939bf9f4d04e224db01bac9c45e69d.png

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

I too updated my Windows 10 machine yesterday and have been getting extreme hitching on menu transitions post update.

This may have something to do with the Spectre/Meltdown patch as it was included in my update.

My CPU is a 4770K Haswell which Intel has said would be negatively impacted by the security fix... seems most Intel chips and a few AMD ones are hit quite hard.

There's a way to disable the Spectre/Meltdown fix via registry (found via Google) if you want to test whether or not it's the cause. I had to disable it on my computer for FFXIV to run over 10 FPS, but I didn't check its impact on Warframe before I did it (it probably had a big one)

welp i updated the drivers and it got even worse now warframe freeze and crash on me ;S. i will try to verify, optimize and play on directX9. if the problem persist i will try to fix via registry(something i am reluctant to do. I heard the spectre meltdown thingy and downloaded the program to see if i had it and i have it xD (;_;)

12 minutes ago, Sirfol said:

welp i updated the drivers and it got even worse now warframe freeze and crash on me ;S. i will try to verify, optimize and play on directX9. if the problem persist i will try to fix via registry(something i am reluctant to do. I heard the spectre meltdown thingy and downloaded the program to see if i had it and i have it xD (;_;)

Do you happen to see a popup window when the game crashes? If so, could you tell us what the WAR-#### shows you on the last page of that window?

It should look like this:

5.jpg.e304d5e327eb1386ed0a0820042db802.jpg

4 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Do you happen to see a popup window when the game crashes? If so, could you tell us what the WAR-#### shows you on the last page of that window?

It should look like this:

5.jpg.e304d5e327eb1386ed0a0820042db802.jpg

i sent it, but i didn't look up the numbers :facepalm:, is there a way to get it back?

2 minutes ago, Sirfol said:

i sent it, but i didn't look up the numbers :facepalm:, is there a way to get it back?

No problem. If you get the crash again after verifying + optimizing your Download Cache then you will see another popup window. You can give us the numbers for that one as I suspect it will be the same crash.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri