The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

PhysX deactivated on PhysX-capable G970

-NR-SirLimbo

I've looked up, updated drivers, etc, but the game still won't accept the PhysX ability of my GPU. I can't turn it on.

The GeForce Experience program from Nvidia allows me to "optimize" the game and thus turns on the PhysX effects, but it seems like Warframe detects that one of its files has changed and reverts to sort of default settings.

Can anyone help? Why won't it work?

4 hours ago, -NR-SirLimbo said:

I've looked up, updated drivers, etc, but the game still won't accept the PhysX ability of my GPU. I can't turn it on.

The GeForce Experience program from Nvidia allows me to "optimize" the game and thus turns on the PhysX effects, but it seems like Warframe detects that one of its files has changed and reverts to sort of default settings.

Can anyone help? Why won't it work?

Was this a problem on older drivers as well? What happens if you force the Nvidia control panel to use your GPU as the PhysX processor? This can be found under "Manage 3D Settings". It is likely set to auto-select by default.

physx.png.763f846ca0dabf4b7ebacaeca8b2f207.png

vor 15 Minuten schrieb [DE]Dmitri:

Was this a problem on older drivers as well? What happens if you force the Nvidia control panel to use your GPU as the PhysX processor? This can be found under "Manage 3D Settings". It is likely set to auto-select by default.

physx.png.763f846ca0dabf4b7ebacaeca8b2f207.png

I have done that before, tested all 3 settings, but it still is grayed out.

After looking at your log, it appears that Warframe believes your GPU is not capable of using PhysX (which of course is not the case). This is based on information that the game client receives from your system, so what we'd suggest is to try reinstalling the latest drivers but this time under 'Custom Install' only select PhysX. Just so we can rule that out missing files as being a potential culprit. Then, just to be sure, once again check to see that your GPU is set as the PhysX processor in Nvidia Control Panel.

If you still find that PhysX cannot be enabled, please attach a new EE.log to the support ticket. Thanks!

physx01.png