Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

cross play?

(XBOX)DippyFresh01

Question

10 answers to this question

most likely not due to microsoft and sony more than DE.

not to mention patch differences and all that certification needed.....kind of why consoles are always 1-2 or more patches behind compared to PC.

Edited by Kalvorax

9 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

No sorry I doubt it will come because it’s up to Sony and Microsoft and because the updates are produced faster for pc then console.

I think it's been proven that Sony and Microsoft are up to crossplay, there's a few games that have crossplay.  I just think that the cost of introducing crossplay at this stage far outweighs any potential financial gain that DE would gain.  

I mean, how many people are refusing to play Warframe simply because it doesn't have crossplay?  I can't imagine it'll increase the player base by even 5%.  

The update issue is a legit reason though

Edited by (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13

7 hours ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

I think it's been proven that Sony and Microsoft are up to crossplay, there's a few games that have crossplay.  I just think that the cost of introducing crossplay at this stage far outweighs any potential financial gain that DE would gain.  

I mean, how many people are refusing to play Warframe simply because it doesn't have crossplay?  I can't imagine it'll increase the player base by even 5%.  

Rocket League would like to have a word with you.  Microsoft is up to crossplay; Sony isn't.

10 hours ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

It's an f2p game, it's not only about the player base. Some people will be more likely to buy cosmetic items if more people will be able to see them wearing said items.
As for the updates - there is an obvious solution, that PC players would not appreciate

13 hours ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

They allow cross-play between console and PC, but not between their competing consoles themselves. Since that includes the social aspects of the game I suppose it's for that reason that DE see no reasonable way to implement this even if the different patch cycles could be synchronized (theoretically PC updates could be held back to account for console certification delays).

Edited by Snib

On 2018-01-30 at 3:30 AM, Snib said:

They allow cross-play between console and PC, but not between their competing consoles themselves.

It looks like Sony is the only hold out on that front given the Fortnite situation... So Xbox, Switch, PC cross-play? I'd do that. My brother in law plays on pc, I'd like to play with him on my Xbox account.

Edited by (XB1)Dr Sammy D