Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Spores Weapons.

xGheisTx

Question

I know there are other posts with some information, but honestly its just confusing.  I am in need of information on what weapons to run for Saryn Spores Build, Right now I have a Mutalist Cerrnos, Torid, and Pox.  Which one of those or 2 together should I run?  Also what damage type should I build on the specific weapons and how does it synergize with the spores?  Saryn Prime is my favorite Frame and I just want to run her as effectively as possible. Thanks

5 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, xGheisTx said:

Right now I have a Mutalist Cerrnos, Torid, and Pox.  Which one of those or 2 together should I run?

Either one of those works fine, my personal favorite is a Gas Status Ignis Wraith though,
totally capable of popping Spores on Molt, but when hosing down Spore'd enemies, it truly shines.

(Also, I use a Corrosive high-burst-damage Secondary for taking down certain heavies more easily.)

Edited by NinjaZeku

You just need a weapon to pop the spores on the molt, it doesn't really matter which in my opinion.  Torid probably lets you pop spores off the molt for the longest amount of time per shot for most minimized effort.  Pox/Ignis modded for Toxin/Gas would be easier to hit mobs with to transfer Toxin procs and Spores off of them.

Building for Toxin/Gas damage/status synergizes most with spores since it gets transferred when you pop a spore (3s cooldown on how often spores/procs can be spread to a mob) but the mob also has to live to take 1 tick of damage before it can get spread so it doesn't see much effect below Sortie level.

I personally use my default Maiming Strike whip to pop the spores since I'm too lazy to change my loadout and its modded for Toxin damage + Toxic Lash for 100% toxin proc.  At higher level defenses I can just cast spore once then go around to melee stuff and that spore just keeps getting refreshed/spread for the rest of the round.

Edited by Ailyene
Minor

For efficiency?

Run any weapon with high slash then add gas to it. Spores reduce health, slash does direct damage to health. Things die quick.

It is fun to spread spore with gas only builds, and you get really good damage numbers at end of mission, but that also means enemies are living too long for spores alone to do that much damage.

Also, Hydroid Tentacles (finisher dmg) or Maim Equinox (slash - read above) make the most out of spores.

All three weapons you posted are good. It comes down to personal preference, rivens and the type of mission you're running. I'll post 8 important things you should keep in mind when selecting weapons for Spores. That way you know what to look for in the future.

1) Spores are first and foremost a debuff power. There are plenty of warframes in the game that are capable of dealing tons of damage but only Saryn can use Spores to cut everyone's health in half with minimum effort. And if that's all you want to do then you don't need any specific weapon or damage type. You only need to cast Spores and pop them consistently.

2) The only way your weapon can increase Spore damage is if your target is under the effect of a Toxin proc when the spores are popped. Which means that if you're going for extra damage you must use either Toxin damage or Gas damage on your weapon. (the reason why Gas damage works is because it produces AoE Toxin procs)

3) If you choose to use Toxic damage you might want a weapon that's capable of AoE damage. Otherwise you will be forced to shoot each spore individually and that can be a bit of a pain. If you choose to use Gas damage you won't have to worry about AoE because the Gas proc will do that for you automatically.

5) This should be obvious by now but if you're going for damage make sure your weapon has high status chance. Weapon damage is important but it means nothing if your weapon can't proc Toxin.

6) Try to use weapons that deal Toxin/Gas damage exclusively. If you use a weapon that deals multiple types of damage your chance of getting a Toxin proc is reduced.

7) When it comes to weapon damage you can either go for weapons that deal stupid damage and shoot slowly (e.g. Plasmor) or weapons that deal small damage but pop spores at an incredible speed (e.g. Ignis). You can use balanced weapons too but the results probably won't blow your mind.

8) Your two biggest enemies are and will always be armor and isolated enemies. Armor is bad because it kills your damage. Isolated enemies are bad because Spores deal more damage depending on the amount of targets grouped together. So make sure you always have one weapon to pop spores and another weapon to deal with that lonely Eximus enemy that can kill you with two shots.

1 hour ago, Amazerath said:

All three weapons you posted are good. It comes down to personal preference, rivens and the type of mission you're running. I'll post 8 important things you should keep in mind when selecting weapons for Spores. That way you know what to look for in the future.

1) Spores are first and foremost a debuff power. There are plenty of warframes in the game that are capable of dealing tons of damage but only Saryn can use Spores to cut everyone's health in half with minimum effort. And if that's all you want to do then you don't need any specific weapon or damage type. You only need to cast Spores and pop them consistently.

2) The only way your weapon can increase Spore damage is if your target is under the effect of a Toxin proc when the spores are popped. Which means that if you're going for extra damage you must use either Toxin damage or Gas damage on your weapon. (the reason why Gas damage works is because it produces AoE Toxin procs)

3) If you choose to use Toxic damage you might want a weapon that's capable of AoE damage. Otherwise you will be forced to shoot each spore individually and that can be a bit of a pain. If you choose to use Gas damage you won't have to worry about AoE because the Gas proc will do that for you automatically.

5) This should be obvious by now but if you're going for damage make sure your weapon has high status chance. Weapon damage is important but it means nothing if your weapon can't proc Toxin.

6) Try to use weapons that deal Toxin/Gas damage exclusively. If you use a weapon that deals multiple types of damage your chance of getting a Toxin proc is reduced.

7) When it comes to weapon damage you can either go for weapons that deal stupid damage and shoot slowly (e.g. Plasmor) or weapons that deal small damage but pop spores at an incredible speed (e.g. Ignis). You can use balanced weapons too but the results probably won't blow your mind.

8) Your two biggest enemies are and will always be armor and isolated enemies. Armor is bad because it kills your damage. Isolated enemies are bad because Spores deal more damage depending on the amount of targets grouped together. So make sure you always have one weapon to pop spores and another weapon to deal with that lonely Eximus enemy that can kill you with two shots.

You are a god among men, thank you so much. And everybody else, thank you as well.