Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NONONONONO don't touch the supra!!!(not this way)

Vafthrudnir

Ok, remove the buff to crit chance and crit damage.
Base damage remain lowered to compensate for buff to status chance and accuracy/projectile speed, which practically results in higher damage due to most likely less missed shots.  This will be the primary weapon version of Mag.

DE doesn't care whether you like something or not.

Edited by ComradeHX

5 hours ago, ComradeHX said:

Ok, remove the buff to crit chance and crit damage.
Base damage remain lowered to compensate for buff to status chance and accuracy/projectile speed, which practically results in higher damage due to most likely less missed shots.  This will be the primary weapon version of Mag.

DE doesn't care whether you like something or not.

If de didn't care then why have a feedback forum?

They also apply changes directly influenced by topics and threads made by the playerbase. 

It's also to be expected the players won't like the change. Not only how the gun can be modded optimally is being changed but literally the feel of the gun. Personally, I'll be looking forward to the changes, but it's completely understandable that people won't like it.

Edited by shoopypit

On 05/02/2018 at 11:59 PM, -N7-Leonhart said:

You don't get it? Even if you don't put any crit mods on it, an increase of 17.5% CC + the increase in CD easily amounts the DPS lost by reducing the base damage. And I am not even accounting for the 4x damage critical headshots that you may get. 

As it is right now, this is beyond a doubt a direct increase in both damage and status chance. Now, imagine if you are to also mod for that crit build....

Sheeesh you are spoiling what math class will be like for the OP.

The spell of multiplication to be exact.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

On 2/7/2018 at 2:12 PM, shoopypit said:

If de didn't care then why have a feedback forum?

They also apply changes directly influenced by topics and threads made by the playerbase. 

It's also to be expected the players won't like the change. Not only how the gun can be modded optimally is being changed but literally the feel of the gun. Personally, I'll be looking forward to the changes, but it's completely understandable that people won't like it.

Feedback forum is there for the rare chance that something sensible come out of player's mouth.

This is not one of those.

"literally the feel of the gun" wouldn't change aside from the accuracy.  Optimal modding wasn't ever an requirement, this opens up possibility for both status and crit, but pure damage build is still effective due to crit chance and damage buff making up for lowered base damage.

19 minutes ago, ComradeHX said:

Feedback forum is there for the rare chance that something sensible come out of player's mouth.

This is not one of those.

"literally the feel of the gun" wouldn't change aside from the accuracy.  Optimal modding wasn't ever an requirement, this opens up possibility for both status and crit, but pure damage build is still effective due to crit chance and damage buff making up for lowered base damage.

The feel of the gun is actually being changed. The projectile speed is being increased and even the accuracy while aiming. Again, I'm looking forward to the change, but some people are used to the way it handles, so when the change is implemented they won't be as good with it.

You're also missing the point. Raw damage weapons should have been made viable without increasing status or crit chance. There should be alternate ways to mod your weapon effectively, aside from crit/status/hybrid. Which, I'll be trying out the Supra with a Hybrid build. I'm working on leveling and formaing my vandal ATM, so I'll be ready when the update hits. (And my tiberon). 

It really is astonishing though, that point strike will likely become a mandatory mod on most of these weapons. It'll simply be more effective than almost every other mod available.

2 hours ago, Messkoo said:

the biggest trouble for me is that the syndical mod is useless now.

not really. you can get about 98% status with two dualstats and the augment. this allows for some pretty devastating things, because you essencialy have about 36 (or more) procs per second (full spool up, multishot, NOT COUNTING PUNCHTHROUGH) with only one elemental to pick from, as opposed to two. this makes the Supra able of dealing corrosive procs much, much faster than any other full-auto status primary, by a long shot, especialy if you add two 90% toxin and electricity mods into the mix. other VERY FUNNY uses are the gas build with punchthrough. it's hilarious, and devastating against tight groups, because toxin DOES stack, and each shot has close to 500 gas damage, going through enemies thanks to shred. it mows through tightly grouped squads very quickly, feels like you're using an ignis at low levels, it's hilarious.

plus, the augment STILL gives energy.

On 6.2.2018 at 2:48 AM, giovanniluca said:

While it would increase it's damage what I always liked from the supra was it's consistency. So please if you wanna do anything don't add the crit changes but get in the other buffs, give it higher base damage, nerf the crit damage even more to compensate and give it some more hard difference from the base supra, maybe add an alt fire that shoots a laser like the one on the ambulas. After all it's a tri-barrel laser repeater.

With how many bullets the Supra fires, it doesn't really lose and significant portion of its consistency to critical hits. With its now high status chance, it's actually quite competitive with other weapons because you can strip armor or cause other procs at rather significant rates. I personally am perfectly fine with my new Supra, even if I have to say that my Riven boosts the projectile speed to rather ludicrous levels now.