Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Farming?

Valthryn

Anyone enjoy kuva farming? Maybe I'm the only one who had more fun writing an essay on the character transformation of Macbeth than farming kuva to reroll my dread riven 58 times in order to end up with a tolerable result. The RNG wouldn't be so much of a problem, and in general it isn't too difficult to get a desirable result from rivens, but the process of farming kuva is, in my opinion, a flow-breaking convoluted mess of an eye-spy game that's 80% waiting around and 20% filling in your debit card information to order a noose, with a reset wait time of around 15 minutes after you finish all the currently available kuva missions. Wouldn't it make sense to have kuva gained from enemies in the kuva fortress, which at the moment has virtually no benefit over any other tileset apart from a unique mod or two, with the kuva siphons already available serving as a quick kuva bonus system for those who don't mind that type of gameplay? 

Just a thought, as kuva farming has stayed virtually the same since its release and there are some dank reworks in the mix right now.

Well the Kuva is found from all planets and the siphons are just getting it, which is used in powering the fortress I would think, and the queens.

But the grind, you don't have to tell anyone that's tried kuva farming that it is too much. I'm going to tell you that it is really bad without a booster, and with a booster, it's still too low so let's bring a Smeeta to try and increase that right? You start feeling like a junkie working towards your next fix.

Yeah. Kuva farming takes up so much time, and the Kuva you get, is gone in about 10 seconds. After 1-2 hours farming it.

Kuva in the Void, Kuva in Sorties, Kuva in the Kuva Fortress. Would that help?

Don't know. I don't re-roll anything. I own three measly Rivens. Would have been 4, but I sold one. The only good one I own (for a weapon I even like and use) I bought. Haven't unveiled my first and only secondary Riven, so wish me luck on that.

Also, the Kuva Fortress has that one little queen. You go there to hear her bat-sh** and hilarious pep talks and experience the incredible level design.

I own 21 rivens, with 19 of them holding desirable rolls. The system hasn't been bad to me, but the process of rerolling each riven was arduous and draining, even if I only needed 10 or so rolls. It's akin to the problem that I had when endless void farming got removed (when you could only use 1 relic in endless missions), in that it breaks the game into 5 minute long segments of parkour racing through a tileset separated by loading screens and a minute or so in your ship, which I find to be draining and not fun at all, especially since virtually every enemy outside of sorties 2 and 3 will take less than half a second to down, and don't generally pose a threat to you at all.

I don't mind the kuva missions too much, because they're a change of pace. I do dislike the current rng system for riven mods, which is why I try not to mess with them much. I also don't care for the small amount of kuva u get with each mission... Would be nice if they gave more.