Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate mark/seed etc hunting

globeadue

So there you are,
You started a syndicate item farm, no one else has joined, you have scoured about 1/3 of the map, when finally people start joining. They proceed to the objective, kill it and goto extraction. It obvious you are item hunting as you have marked 4 items since they joined. You are forced out of match because they want to leave. 

This is frustrating exp when trying to unlock rivens that need syndicate item loots. What is even worse, with the match complete, you cannot go back to it to finish your hunting.

This needs to change.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ---EG---Kramer:

I always do syndicates medaillons hunting solo...

secound on that. more than 90% of the teammembers i got in syndicate missions pugs where just rushing the mission as ( they mentioned it when asked) the little extra reward for medallions isn't worth the additional time spend.

though i kinda expected this result before i even tried em in public the first time as that's how most games go nowdays... rush rush rush the faster you are the more rewards can be snatched in your little precious time....

i suggest looking for a group of tenno with the same interesst in hunting medallions either in your clan or in the groupsearch or just do em solo as i do too...

16 minutes ago, globeadue said:

This is frustrating exp when trying to unlock rivens that need syndicate item loots. What is even worse, with the match complete, you cannot go back to it to finish your hunting.

This needs to change.

Actually this changes with you...  You can either go solo, or recruit with that specific announcement. 

PUG'ing will always be at the whims of the group.  

1 hour ago, MBaldelli said:

Actually this changes with you...  You can either go solo, or recruit with that specific announcement. 

PUG'ing will always be at the whims of the group.  

No this is something DE needs to change, I should not be penalized for being social and trying to play with the community. People forced to solo because of this do not support the community at all and is a detriment to the game. I get what your saying, don't get me wrong, but what little social gaming I do, I don't want to be forced to single player of a multiplayer game. 

It's easy to fix - don't force a player out of map if they don't want to leave. Interception/Defense do not force you out if you don't want to leave but the rest of the team does. I've stuck around solo long after the 3 other players left those mission types.

1 minute ago, globeadue said:

No this is something DE needs to change, I should not be penalized for being social and trying to play with the community.

Then how do you suggest they change this?  

As it currently stands when I want to do syndicate mark runs, I tend to ask friends -- who are in the same synidcate -- to come with me and then either do friends only or invite only.  I get to kill two birds with one stone when I do it this way.  I work on my syndicates and I get to socialize with friends.  

3 minutes ago, globeadue said:

It's easy to fix - don't force a player out of map if they don't want to leave.

Not as easy as you think give that people complained about this -- years ago -- when AFKers would make everyone stay to the map and could only abort the mission to get out of it. 

Or kicking other people out of the map would cause troll kicking based on cliquing.  

Again, feel free to suggest -- here -- and folk that remember will remind you whether it's a good idea or bad.  

I found the most efficient way is to pug missions like Defense where the maps are smaller and the medallion spawns are more predictable or Survival where teammates can spend the whole time searching or even if not you got others to look for life support, others are just better to solo with Ivara, loot radar mods and a silenced Ignis.

1 hour ago, MBaldelli said:

Then how do you suggest they change this?  

As it currently stands when I want to do syndicate mark runs, I tend to ask friends -- who are in the same synidcate -- to come with me and then either do friends only or invite only.  I get to kill two birds with one stone when I do it this way.  I work on my syndicates and I get to socialize with friends.  

Not as easy as you think give that people complained about this -- years ago -- when AFKers would make everyone stay to the map and could only abort the mission to get out of it. 

Or kicking other people out of the map would cause troll kicking based on cliquing.  

Again, feel free to suggest -- here -- and folk that remember will remind you whether it's a good idea or bad.  

You tried to sound knowledgeable but you seem to not understand how extraction works on interception/defense...
At the end of waves players are prompted to continue or exit, the ones that click exit leave the group their mission completed, the ones that click remain, continue to play the mission. Easy fix is to scope out this exit mechanic to the rest of the missions. AFK/Trolls have no influence to making you remain in mission, they can leave as they like.

That easy fix is just that, solves all those problems the rushers/trolls/afks cause. Even the plains would work better with this. Let the people who want to stay stay while those who are done click exit and go about their way.

4 people in group

Mission is completed and player A gets to exit starting a 30 second count down timer.

Timer hits 0, entire team presented with extract or stay.

Player A and B extract

After 3 more minutes in the match, Player C is done, goes to exit, a 30 second count down timer begins.

Timer hits 0, entire remaining team of Player C and D get extract prompt. 

Player C extracts.

Player D stays for 15 minute more then goes to extraction and extraction/finishes.

21 minutes ago, globeadue said:

You tried to sound knowledgeable but you seem to not understand how extraction works on interception/defense...
At the end of waves players are prompted to continue or exit, the ones that click exit leave the group their mission completed, the ones that click remain, continue to play the mission. Easy fix is to scope out this exit mechanic to the rest of the missions. AFK/Trolls have no influence to making you remain in mission, they can leave as they like.

You're using two different examples and I'm going to assume English is not your primary language given grammar and syntax that I'm catching in this message.  So I'll happily give you leeway.  

Now I'll admit that it's been a while since I've done seed/mark syndicate missions, however I don't recall seed/marks being on Defense/Interception missions.  They are normally on Spy, Exterminate, Sabotage and Rescue missions.  Anything that involves a beginning, middle and end to the mission map.  Not sure about defection, I admit readily I hate those missions and don't do them under no circumstance.  The NPC AI is wonky and needs more work.  

Endless missions -- like Defense, Survival and Interception -- have a small map layout, have no seed/marks (or even Cephalon Fragments and Somachords) and don't force extraction.  You can stay on those even when everyone is gone.  

You also used the words "force extraction" coupled with Seed/Mark Syndicate missions which tells me you want to finish your finding of those seeds/marks for syndicate standing -- and I know how you feel about that.  If you're suggesting the same stay/extract on all these missions, I can certainly sponsor it.  I think if you want to socialize with strangers this seems reasonsable. 

However, this is the but -- did you ask them to stay?  Did you tell them this was a syndicate mission and you wanted the seeds/marks and they ignored you?  If you didn't, then I suggest recruiting or solo.  if you did, then I'll certainly upvote your suggestion. 

Apparently your knowledge is outdated/incomplete, a quick google quickly reveals interception/defense having syndicate medals.

Solo should NEVER be the answer for a multiplayer game, and when it is, that's an issue the designer should be addressing. My example outlines a pretty basic change using slightly modified code from other areas of the games would allow a simple and easy answer to some players wanting to remain while others want to leave.

I really didn't want to play game designer for this post by presenting a fix, I wanted to present the issue and let DE figure things out, but you asked how it could be simple/easy. That is how it could be simple/easy to do. Furthermore, every mission could use this approach and unify all the exit code and it would effect AFK's as well because they would have to click to exit or miss the extract prompt and be forced to crawl through the map to trigger a new extract prompt.

Kudo's on attacking my "grammar and syntax" as you called it, A++ community member right there. Reply if you like, I've turned off notifications for this post as I've cited the issue and fix and there's nothing left to add to this post.

Syndicate medallions should be group pickups. That way people who go into groups hunting syndicate medallions won't be useless and I'd feel less bad when they force me to sit at a friendship door for three minutes while they run around the map grabbing things for themselves. I've actually had to stop doing syndicate missions in groups because inconsiderate medallion hunters will run off on their own, not mark medallions and force me to sit and wait for them at those friendship doors.

If they were group pickups it would also be a lot faster to complete the syndicate missions since in a group of four you'd only have to find two each. Coordination could make the missions even faster.

15 hours ago, Braneman said:

Syndicate medallions should be group pickups. That way people who go into groups hunting syndicate medallions won't be useless and I'd feel less bad when they force me to sit at a friendship door for three minutes while they run around the map grabbing things for themselves. I've actually had to stop doing syndicate missions in groups because inconsiderate medallion hunters will run off on their own, not mark medallions and force me to sit and wait for them at those friendship doors.

If they were group pickups it would also be a lot faster to complete the syndicate missions since in a group of four you'd only have to find two each. Coordination could make the missions even faster.

Yeah no, this would only benefit those who rush syndicate missions in public matchmaking and or don't try to find and tag medallions on the map, exactly those who shouldn't play syndicate missions in the first place. (or not in mm)

When i have no time to find medallions i always just rush them solo usually still getting at least half of them and no one slows me down, anyone can play them solo they aren't hard.

The reason why people play them in public mm is because finding medallions is faster that way. (that is if all four player is searching for them and don't just go afk. at a door making everyones run less efficient and slower)