Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gaea - Warrior of Nature (Warframe concept)

CaffeineTanuki

Appearance - Gaea is a female frame with vines, flowers, and leaves incorporated into her design. Her helmet would have a single flower on it, and some form of small antlers on the sides. Her main color scheme would be white and green with purple accents. One arm would have a vine loosely wrapped around it, ending just below the wrist. The other arm would have some kind of armor made of leaves. 

Main Role: Support

Stats:

Health - 100 unranked, 250 maxed.

Shields - 100 unranked, 250 maxed.

Energy - 175 unranked, 275 maxed.

Armor - 100 unranked, 150 maxed.

Abilities:

Passive - Reclamation: Gaea cleanses those she has killed, taking their essence and granting her 1 stack of Reclamation and sprouting a patch of flowers around her. She can hold up to 80 stacks of Reclamation. 

Overgrowth (Str/Dur): Gaea uses up to 10 stacks of Reclamation, empowering both herself and nearby allies, granting % Armor and Damage buffs for 20-30 seconds. This ability is based on how many stacks were used and power strength.

Underbrush (Dur): Gaea spawns a patch of tall grass, ensnaring enemies who walk on it. Killing an enemy caught in Underbrush grants an extra stack of Reclamation. Power Range makes the patch of grass larger. 

Synthesis (Str): Gaea uses the power of nature around her, consuming up to 5 stacks of Reclamation to heal herself and nearby allies. This ability is enhanced if Gaea is standing in a patch of Underbrush.

Forestation (Str) / Symbiosis (Str/Dur): Target enemy; Consuming half of her Reclamation stacks, Gaea hurls a vine at the target, impaling them and dealing damage based on how many stacks are used. If the target is snared in Underbrush, the vine will split, spreading to nearby enemies (Rng). The vine will continue to branch until 15 enemies have been hit. For each enemy killed with Forestation, 3 stacks of Reclamation are added. 

Target ally; Using a vine, Gaea links herself to an ally, granting both her and the linked ally % armor and a damage link. Enemies killed by either one grant 1 stack of Reclamation. If Gaea or her linked ally go down, half of her stacks are consumed and they are revived with up to 75% of their max health based on how many stacks were used. 

(Str) - Power Strength

(Dur) - Power Duration

(Rng) - Power Range

I hope this looks good! I had a lot of fun coming up with some of these.

Edited by Skyward_Knight

1st we got flora who can be found here on the fourms.

2nd: the abilities seem to alll act like an ability that a current warframe posses already. It needs a lot more, uniqueness. 

8 hours ago, Skyward_Knight said:

Using a vine, Gaea links herself to an ally,

Nidus

Gaea spawns a patch of tall grass, ensnaring enemies who walk on it. Killing an enemy caught in Underbrush grants an extra stack of Reclamation. Power Range makes the patch of grass larger. 

Oberon?

Gaea uses the power of nature around her, consuming up to 5 stacks of Reclamation to heal herself and nearby allies

Oberon?

nearby allies, granting % Armor and Damage buffs for 20-30 seconds. This ability is based on how many stacks were used and power strength.

(With recent warframe reworks)

Chroma?

Target enemy; Consuming half of her Reclamation stacks, Gaea hurls a vine at the target, impaling them and dealing damage based on how many stacks are used

Nehza? It sounds like it would look kool but in battle would just feel like a worse nehza fourth ability which already isnt to amazing.

The idea is niceish just needs to be more, new id say. Maybe im being to hard on the idea from a lack of sleep tho. Ill return two days from now

Like the first comment said... those abilities seem just... plain and unoriginal. When I try to make new frames I always try to think of unique ways to apply/use the abilities, or maybe some new mechanic but this? this is just not good as it is now. Try working on it some more and Im sure you will be able to get something more unique.

@(PS4)Ghost--00--

You aren't looking at the whole ability. Yes, certain parts may seem similar, but you're missing the mechanics and how they're unique.

For the link one, she doesn't just link to an ally and give them more armor. Its also a damage link, which means that damage taken is split between the two frames. Also, unlike parasitic armor, this ability would be an energy drain ability. It also revives either person if they die during the ability, so that's unique too.

I'll give you that Underbrush does seem a bit too close to Oberon's Hallowed Grounds, and I'll come up with something else later.

For her healing ability, it's not an energy drain heal like Oberon. It's a single cast. 

For the vine throw, Nezha's ability will always hit multiple enemies. This one won't spread if the conditions aren't met, so there's a bit more skill and setup in using it.

As for her buff, Chroma can't give allies any form of damage increase. Also, this ability wouldn't be able to give absolutely broken amounts of armor to allies.

Edited by Skyward_Knight

3 hours ago, Skyward_Knight said:

As for her buff, Chroma can't give allies any form of damage increase. Also, this ability wouldn't be able to give absolutely broken amounts of armor to allies.

"Vex Armor

• Fixed a longstanding issue with number calculation being multiplicative. Boosts now apply before upgrades instead of after, making the ability consistent with all other damage boosting abilities. Overshields are now considered for Vex Armor. ->*Chroma's Vex Armor remains one of the top performing damage-multipliers in the game - and it's now an aura!*<- Instead of just being focused on Chroma, it can now benefit allies in range" warframe wikia

For her healing ability, it's not an energy drain heal like Oberon. It's a single cast. 

So trinity?

On 2/8/2018 at 1:05 AM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Nehza? It sounds like it would look kool but in battle would just feel like a worse nehza fourth ability which already isnt to amazing

For the vine throw, Nezha's ability will always hit multiple enemies. This one won't spread if the conditions aren't met, so there's a bit more skill and setup in using it.

Worst nehza fourth ability

For the link one, she doesn't just link to an ally and give them more armor. Its also a damage link, which means that damage taken is split between the two frames. Also, unlike parasitic armor, this ability would be an energy drain ability. It also revives either person if they die during the ability, so that's unique too

I believe nidus used to have the ability to split damage between each other but it got removed. I remember a clan mate telling me he linked someone and then stood next to a toxic acient, killing the person he linked.

I am looking at the abilities as a whole, i notice that there are ->*Slight*<- differences between the abilities. The issue im saying i have with it is that its too slight

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

I do like the idea of a more viny like warframe, just if its gonna come into warframe make it special.

Some abilities i think would be nice

1.) Creates a giant viny wall that almost blocks most halways causing enemies to have to break through it to get to you. There are thorns on the vines that refelect damage to the current attacker.

2.) Summon two big vines from the ground draining energy per second. Youre able to control these vines that go in and out the ground automatically. Hitting enemies with them temporarily stuns the enemy while healing the player per enemy hit. Hits also restore a percent of ammo.

3.) Grow to long and large vines from your arms and perform 3 wide swipes that ragdoll enemies. Enemies recovering from it cannot be re ragdolled until full recovery.

4.) Sacrafice all of your current energy to instantly revive all downed players in a 50 meter radius. Revived allies receive 50% extra health of their current health and stats for 30 seconds after activation of this ability along with a 3hp regen per second.

5.) Creates a tree or large flower (customized by current operator suit colors) that increases the duration and increases the efficiency of nearby allies abilities(the buff doesnt apply to you unfortunately).

6.) A possible passive: increase aggressiveness of your companion and a nearby ally companions, granting them a big damage boost, increased attack speed, and increased movement speed (if its a kavat or kubrow for that last part)

7.) Instead of going over to an ally to revive them, use this ability from a range to revive them draining energy per second. Once the player has recieved enough of your energy to revive they gain a 60 second damage buff. Thus ability does lock you in place however and takes 50% more time than normal to revive.

8.) Create a massive blast shooting out thorns from your position in all directions. Enemies who take damage from this ability have their accuracy greatly reduced and can damage each other or themselves dealing 300% more damage than normal. Any hits on you or allies counts as normal damage. Ability last for 40 seconds

9.) Create a short wall of vines that connects to a wall 15m away from the left and right sides of you or less. The vines can catch up to three enemies. On deactivation of this ability the vine will strech backwards and hurl the captured enemies forward. If the enemy comes in contact with anything a shock wave is released and enemies caught in it take 35% of their current health as damage. A strong ability but timing and keeping yourself safe may be the challenging part. Can create up to 2 of these walls and they deactivate on their own. 

10.) Create a cleansing aura that deactivates eximus enemy auras in your presence. 35m range ability. 

11.) Hang an enemy with your vines that shakes them every 20 seconds causing them to drop something in their drop table decided by rng. Can be ammo, credits, orbs, or mods. 100 second duration ability. Cannot hang more than two enemies. There must be a ceiling above you as well.

12.) Summon 2 vine like plants with fly trap like mouths at the end of them from your back (a little bit like from the game darkness 2 except those werent vines) that attack enemies. Either they pick up an enemy and drain energy, health, or ammo for 10 seconds dealing damage per second, or they perform normal swipe attacks staggering the enemies in range. Which action they perform is determined by rng. Their range is up to 13m and can perform two different actions at once since the rng action is split between both..... man eating plants. This is a duration ability as well

13.) Possible passive: staying within a 20m radius of an area for longer than 10 seconds creates a 10m bush that cloaks you and allies who stop performing any action (except looking around) for 1second in it. Grants a 1 time instant 30% of health recovery on entry. Bush laat for 35 seconds unaffected by any mods and you cannot create more than one.

Just some ideas of what i mean by unique.

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--