Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's Vex Armor's Armor nerf (FIXED)

Noctis_The_Buckethead

i actually have less problem with the dmg nerf than with the armor nerf.. he was a tank for me and seriuously.. the weapons in the game are mostly strong enough for the casual missions avaible. chroma literally overkilled everything. now they are just simply dead.

but as i said. he doesnt tank anymore.. keep the dmg nerf but give us back the tankiness atleast.

I had only two favorite Warframes I liked (and believe me I've been trying hard to find another in case something like this would happen...  And I still haven't found one)

Nekros and his shadow of the dead being reduced from 20 shadows to 7. (don't give me the FPS thing, it's been done to death, pun intended)
I loved how he wasn't as physically strong as all the others but instead his ultimate strength (the way I was playing him at least) was just having too many minions for the enemy to take on.
Sure some of them take cover and waste valuable time, but the sheer numbers of them always drew fire away from me, Allies and the defense target.
And there were plenty of them shooting and contributing enough for the DPS.
I didn't have to worry about teleporting them to me since they were on a timer, and if I really needed to bring some to me all I had to do was just kill a few, jump off an edge or run into a nullifier then recast.
Now?... now I can't even do that if I want fresh shadows or if they are not actually teleporting to me when they are supposed to. (still happens to me 65% of the time)
And the measly 7 shadows spend most of their time taking cover and taking storm trooper shots.  And I just hate how their health decays, rather than a timer.  They're supposed to be disposable, that's the point of a minion.  Why would I want to heal them?  I'm supposed to keep the corpses piling up for the next wave, that in my opinion is the true purpose of a necromancer.

I never liked him for his desecration as many others favor for his change.
I loved him because he was powerful with literally being an army instead of a one-man army like all these other frames.
That's why Chroma was my second favorite despite his theme being dragon. Despite me being a dragon lover, Nekros was the most FUN for me. Fun was the true reason of all of this.

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

When reviewing the Arsenal over time, our developers often find themselves asking: 'is this fun?’. That's the most important question to us, from the perspective of both the active player and their three squadmates.

I enjoyed watching the carnage of my minions sweeping over them, yet still at the same time I had to participate in the battle to keep the count up for the next cast... now... now all of that is gone.
There's many more reasons why I miss Nekros and why he used to be my favorite over Chroma, but that's not what this discussion is about.
So I better get back onto the topic at hand before I ramble on even further than I already have.

Now Chroma and his iron tank damaging potential is gone...  Just so he can't one-shot the Eidolons?  What about everything else?  The regular lvl 80-100 enemies?
Banshee always could make every enemy defeated with one shot. Like lvl 100 Kela De Thaym.
Even with my "OP Chroma" I was barely doing anything to her, the rest of the team with the exception of one looked like they weren't doing anything at all to damage her.
But then one certain ability from Banshee, and literally almost all of her health was taken down with one shot, forcing her into the next stage.

I was growing board with Warframe despite all the updates because I couldn't find another one that could replace Nekros. And now Chroma?
The only frame I MAY turn to now is Atlas because of his change, but even then I'm not a big fan of his theme and I really loved that dynasty sword that Chroma had, and it just doesn't work with Atlas.

So I don't know about all of you guys but if this doesn't change I'm probably gonna be done with Warframe.
Only coming back to it to play with some friends that really wanted me to join in with them...  But it looks like a fair amount of them are feeling the same as I do.
So it's not looking good for me.

Best of luck to you all, Chroma fans.

PS: for all you Chroma fans, here. Have some Chroma SFM fanart I made out of love and respect for the game.

Did you fools really expect DE , really DE, to make a GOOD rework for once? You guys realize these are the same people who NERF in a PVE game, where instead challenges should be brought ex.(endless survivals starting at lv 200+)with greater rewards for going endgame, not some weak eidolons and plains. But w/e

Patch notes kept mentioning how it's "still best dmg buff" - but it doesn't matter - it's not enough to make me want to play chroma at this point. It was the only reason i played chroma.  
A squishy, low damage, no cc, slow frame.  Even getting buffs up (health damage) is tedious and can take half the buffs time and waiting to get hurt instead of playing.

It's not that it needs that op damage - but rather because it was it's only redeeming feature.  

And sure, if you hadn't designed teralyst hunts to REQUIRE insane damage  exploits - it would have never been a problem.
But you have short night circles after hours of waiting, hoping for a good squad for a resource you need  in HUGE amounts.  

Drop their damage reduction/health pool somewhat and people would use a larger variety of gear/frames.

Edited by Ketec