Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's Vex Armor's Armor nerf (FIXED)

Noctis_The_Buckethead

The Damage Buff was not the only thing nerfed, His Armor now seems to be a lot lower too, DE PLEASE Revert the calculation back to the old one for the armor buff, now he is a lot squishier, or replace it with damage reduction %, A valkyr with all the armor mods and vitality Roughly Equal to a chroma with 290% power strength WTF DE? (i dont have any Gif Makeing software so can somebody please make one to show how big of a nerf to his tankyness it was)

Edited by eyf101
Was Fixed, Damage buff is still ruined though

I believe Vex Armor is bugged now. It makes no difference if you have 299% Strenght build with 745% Fury ON or if you don't use Vex Armor at all. Armor buff is there although noticably weaker. But the Fury buff... damage buff... it just doesn't do ANYTHING! It's total cowdung.

Did testing with multiple weapons on the same enemies and kill-time and ammo-used were the same with and without Vex armor full Fury buff.

You might want to change the title of your feedback to mention that bit or people will think you're complaining about the nerf to the damage aspect.

This should probably also be in the bug section. Somehow I don't think this was intentional, otherwise it would've been listed in the patch notes.

Edited by Pizzarugi

1 minute ago, Acersecomic said:

I believe Vex Armor is bugged now. It makes no difference if you have 299% Strenght build with 745% Fury ON or if you don't use Vex Armor at all. Armor buff is there although noticably weaker. But the Fury buff... damage buff... it just doesn't do ANYTHING! It's total cowdung.

Did testing with multiple weapons on the same enemies and kill-time and ammo-used were the same with and without Vex armor full Fury buff.

Dragon key? The damage is the same with a nd without the buff?

2 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Dragon key? The damage is the same with a nd without the buff?

No dragon key, no any key, no debuffs... nothing. It's just absolute S#&$e of a change. Buffing base damage before mods is a horrible thing. My Mirage and any other damage buffing frame kills more than twice faster than Chroma with full on Vex Fury buff.

Chroma has been castrated. I guess we know where Bad Dragon gets their things from now. From DE and players who will no longer use Chroma for anything.

Edited by Acersecomic

Just now, Acersecomic said:

No dragon key, no any key, no debuffs... nothing. It's just absolute S#&$e of a change. Buffing base damage before mods is a horrible thing. My Mirage and any other damage buffing frame kills more than twice faster than Chroma with full on Vex Fury buff.

Chroma has been castrated. I guess we know where Bad Dragon gets their things from now. From DE and players who will no longer use Chroma for anything.

Or the buff doing nothing is a bug.

2 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

My thoughts on the matter of DE is they don't know proper balance. So if you want proper change it has to be buffed to outer space then nerfed back into the atmosphere. If it was already in outer space it'll be nerfed to h**l. Possibly getting a tweak 3 years later. But that's DEV bashing and that is a no no. I somehow knew things would get bad after this. I think to fix it they need to change the values to at least 325 over 250. Maybe buff his health so he has enough EHP to get the benefits from Vex Armor or at least revert the calculations on armor or he'll just be a closet sitting dust mop..

I think I had an instance of it doing nothing for me in a mission too, I didn't notice myself doing anymore damage at all with a 1320% Fury buff.  I was a client so maybe that was part of the bug.

But in the Simulacrum, I can tank a level 155 Napalm (I have about ~30k EHP as Heat Chroma) and deal more damage than my 373% power strength Rhino to them (My Chroma does 27k and my Rhino does 23k).

I feel that the nerf to vex armour in general kind of takes chroma's edge away from other tanks, because now that his ability to ludicrously buff the damage, he kind of feels lackluster compared to the other tanks because they can all deal with high level enemies comfortably, take a look at nidus, inaros, and even nekros, they dont give an absolute damn about the enemies, I also did some calculations of my own with pre and post vex armour changes and Chroma's EHP decreases by half and his damage output significantly falls by 40% less damage (correct me if I'm wrong). 

i appreciate that DE wants to quote unquote "rebalance" Chroma because they think one shotting everything isn't fun, but I don't think the calculation changes to vex armour is the way, especially not when everything in high levels take almost an eternity to kill and also one shots you in return. 

35 minutes ago, -CG-Wheeze said:

I feel that the nerf to vex armour in general kind of takes chroma's edge away from other tanks, because now that his ability to ludicrously buff the damage, he kind of feels lackluster compared to the other tanks because they can all deal with high level enemies comfortably, take a look at nidus, inaros, and even nekros, they dont give an absolute damn about the enemies, I also did some calculations of my own with pre and post vex armour changes and Chroma's EHP decreases by half and his damage output significantly falls by 40% less damage (correct me if I'm wrong). 

i appreciate that DE wants to quote unquote "rebalance" Chroma because they think one shotting everything isn't fun, but I don't think the calculation changes to vex armour is the way, especially not when everything in high levels take almost an eternity to kill and also one shots you in return. 

Pretty sure he lost more than just half his damage and EHP.

I'm down to 30k EHP from ~222k EHP (100k EHP if you exclude Arcanes) from combined Arcane Guardian and Vex Armor nerfs.  I don't really mind that though since even 10k EHP is more than I ever need realistically outside of endurance runs, but it takes a large amount of modding and maximization now to reach higher numbers.

Damage-wise... I think I could get to around a 5000%+ multiplier before and now I'm down to a 1320% additive increase that doesn't stack with mods.  Pretty much lowered to slightly above my Rhino's 240% multiplier.

I can understand why they made these changes and I personally don't feel strongly either way about them.  But the changes were nothing less than absolutely staggeringly huge regardless.

11 minutes ago, Ailyene said:

Pretty sure he lost more than just half his damage and EHP.

I'm down to 30k EHP from ~222k EHP (100k EHP if you exclude Arcanes) from combined Arcane Guardian and Vex Armor nerfs.  I don't really mind that though since even 10k EHP is more than I ever need realistically outside of endurance runs, but it takes a large amount of modding and maximization now to reach higher numbers.

Damage-wise... I think I could get to around a 5000%+ multiplier before and now I'm down to a 1320% additive increase that doesn't stack with mods.  Pretty much lowered to slightly above my Rhino's 240% multiplier.

I can understand why they made these changes and I personally don't feel strongly either way about them.  But the changes were nothing less than absolutely staggeringly huge regardless.

Admittedly, the nerfs were justified but not well executed, instead of changing the calculation mechanic entirely, why not fix the bugs for elemental damage instead, "Fury buffs added combo elemental damage twice and base combo elemental thrice" i was getting 1 million in damage numbers during 40 minute survival Mot against gunners and even ancients using the plasmor, it still cleaves through weaker mobs but further testing in the simulacrum the damage numbers have dropped drastically, from ~1 million to about 34k on butchers and from 50k to only 1.7k on heavy gunners at lvl 100 with 421 strength

1 hour ago, Ailyene said:

I am not even sure Chroma gets his full Vex. I did my own tests with Rhino 240% and Chroma 737%. Not the best because I wanted to do it quickly and I was lazy and didn't want to remove and replace my mods but i found:

Rhino unmodded Latron Prime headshots vs 125 Corrupted Bombard: PreRoar 9 damage vs Roar 19 damage. 19/9x100= ~211%

Chroma unmodded Latron Prime headshots vs 125 Corrupted Bombard: PreVex 9 damage vs Vex 65 damage. 65/9x100= ~722%

Rhino radiation single shot Vectis Prime headshots vs 125 Corrupted Bombard: PreRoar 20152 damage vs Roar 47257 damage. ~235%

Chroma radiation single shot Vectis Prime headshots vs 125 Corrupted Bombard: PreVex 20152 damage vs Vex 76202 damage. ~378%

All things held equal Chroma should be getting around 148,520 damage if it was 737%.

9 minutes ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

I am not even sure Chroma gets his full Vex. I did my own tests with Rhino 240% and Chroma 737%. Not the best because I wanted to do it quickly and I was lazy and didn't want to remove and replace my mods but i found:

Rhino unmodded Latron Prime headshots vs 125 Corrupted Bombard: PreRoar 9 damage vs Roar 19 damage. 19/9x100= ~211%

Chroma unmodded Latron Prime headshots vs 125 Corrupted Bombard: PreVex 9 damage vs Vex 65 damage. 65/9x100= ~722%

Rhino radiation single shot Vectis Prime headshots vs 125 Corrupted Bombard: PreRoar 20152 damage vs Roar 47257 damage. ~235%

Chroma radiation single shot Vectis Prime headshots vs 125 Corrupted Bombard: PreVex 20152 damage vs Vex 76202 damage. ~378%

All things held equal Chroma should be getting around 148,520 damage if it was 737%.

Yeah, Chroma's Vex Armor isn't a multiplier anymore and it works like Serration/Hornet Strike. 

Because of that, the more base damage you have from mods (and/or other Chroma/Octavia buffs) the less of an effect it has.  Combine Serration & Heavy Caliber on a weapon and Vex Armor's Fury buff is only like ~18% stronger than an equally modded Rhino's Roar due to diminishing returns.

They probably are doing this to minimize the power creep of having multiple multiplicative buffs available.

They really tore any incentive to use him out of the game. I cant say i didnt see this coming though when he got popular on the plains. Been playing him almost exclusively for years now, but the Chroma we knew is effectively dead. Chroma isn't liked enough to get much more attention, so he's more than likely going to stay this way. Might as well just let it go guys.

Edited by Zectorcop

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Ailyene:

I think I had an instance of it doing nothing for me in a mission too, I didn't notice myself doing anymore damage at all with a 1320% Fury buff.  I was a client so maybe that was part of the bug.

But in the Simulacrum, I can tank a level 155 Napalm (I have about ~30k EHP as Heat Chroma) and deal more damage than my 373% power strength Rhino to them (My Chroma does 27k and my Rhino does 23k).

in the simulacrum my chroma is getting shredded. running 299% powerstrength and growing power. so my buff is around 1200% armor... against level 120 arid  heavy gunner... they are melting me.. they didnt before the change. chroma went te opposite way of captain america. going from full bunkers to a feather in the wind