Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic farming in PoE

(PSN)Major_Postal

I am probably not the first , nor the last to point this out , but i have to say it anyway . Farming for the newly unvaulted relics is made very difficult . Entering the Plains is , most of the time , imopssible . Taking a bounty from Konzu and then getting stuck because the gate won't open even after waiting 15 minutes to half an hour , you can't complete the bounties that way , and thus you can't get the relics . Taking a bounty , entering a squad , only to find , when the gate opens , you are on your own and the bounty has dissapeared , same thing . The only alternative for getting those relics is buying relic packs from the syndicates , which is even worse RNG than completing PoE bounties . Its already terrible RNG for getting what you need out of the relics , the issues i just mentioned just make it worse . I hate it ( and i doubt i am the only one feeling this way ) that DE forces us into the Plains like this . Give us an non buggy , non frustrating way for getting these relics please ! Not everyone has the money to buy the Prime Access packs , or to buy platinum for in game trading  .                       

It seems like you need a new PC. It's not the Plains' fault, you just don't seem to have a PC that can handle the current gen graphics. I mean, I feel for you, but it is what it is. People don't complain to CDProjekt Red that there is a problem with Witcher 3 for example because their PC can't handle the graphics. Don't get me wrong, I'm in a similar situation, more or less. I have a gaming PC, but it's kinda mediocre for today's standards. I used to be able to run the PoE content fine until I got to the Hydrolist eidolon fight. My PC can't handle that anymore, there's just too much stuff going on, my FPS is very inconsitent in that fight, dropping and freezing frames all over the place, makes landing shots very hard. But I'm not going to complain about that fight, it's still awesome. I just need to save for a new PC sometime in the future. 

51 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

It seems like you need a new PC. It's not the Plains' fault, you just don't seem to have a PC that can handle the current gen graphics. I mean, I feel for you, but it is what it is. People don't complain to CDProjekt Red that there is a problem with Witcher 3 for example because their PC can't handle the graphics. Don't get me wrong, I'm in a similar situation, more or less. I have a gaming PC, but it's kinda mediocre for today's standards. I used to be able to run the PoE content fine until I got to the Hydrolist eidolon fight. My PC can't handle that anymore, there's just too much stuff going on, my FPS is very inconsitent in that fight, dropping and freezing frames all over the place, makes landing shots very hard. But I'm not going to complain about that fight, it's still awesome. I just need to save for a new PC sometime in the future. 

they are on ps4 i suggest in future you check a users name to make sure they are on the correct platform.

both these issues have been pointed out  its either wait for a hotfix for the gate issue or a patch i agree though the issues annoying especially if you get it 4 times in a row like i have.

Edited by (PS4)LiamRising

It's not just about the hardware.. I'm running a GTX 1080ti and I have fiber NBN internet and you can still be stuck at the gates for ages. 

The primary issue is the diluted loot tables.. Then people complain about the dilution and they further dilute the tables again... I'm MR 23.. I don't need bloody Redirection, or Steel Fiber or 300 Circuits.. I need the relics.. I should be getting more than 4-5 lith relics in an hour with a very efficient Teleport Nova set up. The loot tables are GARBAGE, I liked bounties before this, but now... I despise them. Good job DE, you did the opposite of what you set out to do.

On 2/11/2018 at 8:59 AM, --END--Rikutatis said:

I have a top of the the line computer, and can find myself waiting upwards of 3 to 5 minutes per match, especially on the busiest of times. Worse yet, when the host leaves, it resets us all, sometimes ending the match in a failure and we lose everything we had gained from the mission, to include standing.

PoE is nice, its concept is nice, but as a forced method of obtaining the newest relics, it fails and has hurt peoples willingness to play the game.

On 2/11/2018 at 2:16 PM, --END--Rikutatis said:

Oh my bad man, I didnt pay attention to the username. I guess I'm just so used to seeing these complaints on PC as well. At least on PC you can overcome these issues with better hardware, it really sucks for consoles though. Makes me wonder if there's a significant difference between ps4 and ps4 pro. 

Warfame ran like S#&$ for me a few months ago. It doesn't necessarily always have to be the PC. I can run almost everything I own on high. But a few patches ago warframe would lose a lot of frames for me on random missions and it would stay like that..  

Edited by Kiss.Shot.

17 hours ago, El_Lokiet said:

I have a top of the the line computer, and can find myself waiting upwards of 3 to 5 minutes per match, especially on the busiest of times. Worse yet, when the host leaves, it resets us all, sometimes ending the match in a failure and we lose everything we had gained from the mission, to include standing.

PoE is nice, its concept is nice, but as a forced method of obtaining the newest relics, it fails and has hurt peoples willingness to play the game.

As I already said I have a mediocre/budget gaming PC and it does perfectly fine on PoE for me, with the exception of the new Hydrolist fight, which forced me to lower all my graphical settings to avoid bad FPS drops and will make me upgrade my machine sometime in the future. 

What I did notice about the door loading times, is that when I am the host, and someone in my squad has a really slow connection/PC/whatever, it forces me to wait for that person to load out first, before I can leave as well. So that may account for these odd slow loading times. Otherwise I usually load out in less than a minute.

As for the drop tables, I really don't agree relic farming in PoE is hard at all. I mean yea, I see no reason why they couldn't have added relics to all the missions and nodes _in addition_ to PoE, but to be quite honest, PoE is just so much more efficient for actually farming the primes you need. I took one day off work and farmed ember, loki, sicarus and glaive in 24 hours by just spamming the bounties I needed for specific relics (that was when unvaulted relics were common rewards tho). The reason they made the relics uncommon rewards was because a lot of people were complaining on the forums about players finishing the first step of the bounty for the relic and then aborting cause that was the most efficient way to farm. I mean, cmon. If you're gonna do that, just do it solo, not on a public match. That's common sense. You can thank your fellow tenno for that one. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis

В 11.02.2018 в 15:59, --END--Rikutatis сказал:

What the OP is describing are not performance issues. These are bugs within the game.

To add to that, sometimes the drones will not move or will dissapear right after being hacked. The prisoner dissapears too, the assasination target does not appear.