Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember is the new Mag, and Mag is the new Ember (or even better)

Valgaarv

I would suggest giving Ember back her range, but make it so the damage (not the heat proc chance) falls off hard the further away enemies are from Ember (perhaps a 75% - 90% damage reduction). This way Ember must run close to enemies to actually kill them, but she doesn't become a shootable ball of flame from opponents far away as long as enemies are being proc'd. 

If Ember isn't allowed to have range, then have her WoF targeting cap increase with her damage (or be removed entirely once she hits 100%). This encourages Ember players to traverse the battlefield as quickly as possible in order to survive. That said, I think the problem with having a glass cannon is that glass cannons are only really effective at range, an attribute DE is trying to reduce. My suggestion if range cannot return to WoF is that Ember get a damage reduction that scales with her damage % in WoF for the duration of WoF.

The idea with the latest rework of WoF to me seems that Ember turns from a fire caster into a fiery ball that has to get close to enemies in order to kill them, that's fine, but she needs some form of damage reduction if she's giving up her range.