Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Getting Bored Of Warframe -

pdxdubin

Try DotaA 2 its more challenging than league of legends

From what I've heard it's not.

League of Legends requires Teamwork for victory while Dota 2 you can win if you win your lane and are fed which is individual achievement.

Teamwork is far harder to pull off than individual success in a team based game.

From what I've heard it's not.

League of Legends requires Teamwork for victory while Dota 2 you can win if you win your lane and are fed which is individual achievement.

Teamwork is far harder to pull off than individual success in a team based game.

Whoever told you that didn't know much about DotA2. Sounds like they never got past the stage where you play with bots to familiarize yourself.

I am also getting bored of Warframe, and here are a few things that have made me lose focus in recent months:

1) Repetitive/chore gameplay mechanics with little variation between worlds/tilesets/Weapons/whathaveyou
Before everyone gets in a huff about this, I'll just say this: For all the tilesets that have been produced, for all the lockdowns we receive, why do we only have the 5 easy lockdown variations? Why do the Corpus continue to use Grineer Ciphers for their own use?

The majority of weapons are stat variants of each other, which may be okay, however it reinforces the feeling of "I've done this before" when you are supposed to be testing your new weapon. For a game that was stated to focus on variety in gameplay mechanics over quantity and power, the majority of releases are generally the same mechanics with a stat adjustment here or there.

Worlds continue to have little to no interactivity within them. Where Grineer are standing near a giant boiler or something, it would be nice to have that explode in their faces and deal damage. The Mining machines in particular should deal damage; those explosions are purely aesthetic.

2) Insisted reliance on a framerate based tick system, which causes issues with weapons and physics on medium/low-end computers
No. Upgrading your computer should not be the only counter-attack to this issue, which sadly, I see a lot whenever someone brings it up.

I myself am running on a "decent" PC; it runs Skyrim on High settings with a fair few mods pretty well, and most current-gen games are playable at 30-45 fps, however on Warframe, I tend to have instances where the AI saturates my CPU time and performance drops to a crawl. This generally happens in 4-player online, where spawning is at it's highest.

During these periods, running up stairs is an impossibility. Weapon fire rates drop rapidly. You become a detriment not only to yourself but to your team. This could be resolved by moving the physics tick rate away from frames per second and something more fundamentally standard, like actual/delta time? It's done on many, many games before Warframe, and leaving physics to Framerate is bad practice in general.

3) Exploration is often punished, not rewarded
Following Scott's opinion on an Unstuck feature in one of the Livestreams, it's a pretty big slap in the face to players that lose out on their ability to play effectively simply because the mappers aren't making sure their maps are safe to explore in. In the past I've lost a despair BP to getting stuck, and all I did was wallrun-jump from a wallrunning panel towards the door. I shot under the railings and floor, and got stuck in an antlion trap (Effectively) which I can't jump out of or move from in any way.

By playing legitimately, and getting stuck in these manners, with no means with which to recover, and the continued disregard for players displayed, was like a hemorrhage to my interest in the game. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's lost out on mods and gear they'd like to keep solely because of mapping issues, but I am sure that DE doesn't particularly care too much about affected players, at this point.

4) Lack of interesting Lore, the ridiculously slow pace of narrative content releases.
Lore has been promised since the beginning of Update 7. In the Design Council, Steve said that it was something he wants to focus on in Update 7.

It's Update 9. It's here now. But wait a moment. The underlying system Steve proposed was a system which encouraged exploration and creative use of mechanics to reach secret areas, which could contain Lore fragments. These Lore fragments would provide the Tenno with more and more information regarding the Warframe universe. This proposed system frankly is a lot more interesting to me than the current "you all get information as it arrives" system that's now been implemented.

The fact that it has taken 5 months to write a page or two of Lore suitable for public review is pretty hard to believe, and the diluted system presented to everyone now is a slap in the face of what it could have been.

---------
These are but a few of the main reasons I have moved away, but as I missed the first few 7 day login rewards, it really made me start to wonder what I continued to see in the game. It makes one open their eyes and realise that the entire goal of Warframe is to keep you playing with the hook of a new item, when the actual mechanics themselves are still unrefined and problematic, and DE claims this is a feature.

As for what I've been doing to while away the time, I've been working on a little project in Unity. I am trying to make a rhythm based Action RPG that combines free roaming combat with guitar hero-esque gameplay for special attacks and defence. 

Just to see how it goes.
Edited by Azure_Kyte

I duno........... 

What do you guys do for fun ? 

yea :l my issue is lack of inventory space and thats saying allot because i put 40$ in and bought 3 frame slots and 10 weapon slots :l i have0 frameopen and 0 weapon open

I have bought 0 potato's or forma, and yet every weapon and frame i own is potatod and the ones that need it like dera formad multiple times

:l tbh this doubke exp weekend took a dump on my gameplay 

Stupid people tend to have pretty short attention spans. You've probably just been pushing yourself too hard. Take a break, drink some koolaid, look up the rest of your missing vocabulary in a dictionary. I know from experience that you aren't particularly hard to entertain. There are lots of things you can be doing! =3

P.S Instead of whipping pointless posts like this, why not rub those two brain cells together for a week or two and see if you can think of something productive! 

Trololololol, I had nothing better to do,

~Loveless

AsurO has been a much better place after you and eisvogel left.

As you can see from this post. 

Yeah but I spent over 400$ on league of legends :P 

cant just move into dota 2 after that lol 

Why? Economically speaking, those are sunk costs. No matter how much, it's already "sunk". Base your decision on the future, not the past my dear clan leader :D <3

@iamLoveless Let me simplify it for you, the crux of your behavior on the forums is this "I don't like this but I'm not intelligent enough to come up with a way to fix it, I will let someone else do the actual thinking. I come up with posts on the way I feel and then criticize others for making mindless posts.

Actually it is just someone who pretended to be a girl in asuro and likes to spite me.

Lets leave it at that 

Posted Today, 12:20 AM

AntLion, on 07 Aug 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:snapback.png

pdxdubin, if you're so bored then you could respond on each invite request in your AzurO clan. People are waiting.

Invites are capped atm by DE, the split will come soon, within a week, so be ready.

Posted Today, 12:22 AM

Blatantfool, on 08 Aug 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:snapback.png

Whoever told you that didn't know much about DotA2. Sounds like they never got past the stage where you play with bots to familiarize yourself.

I think lol is a "little" more balanced, when it comes to snowballing out of control 

But that is what makes dota 2 fun 

^ Fail at condensing replies 
Edited by pdxdubin

I am also getting bored of Warframe, and here are a few things that have made me lose focus in recent months:

1) Repetitive/chore gameplay mechanics with little variation between worlds/tilesets/Weapons/whathaveyou

Before everyone gets in a huff about this, I'll just say this: For all the tilesets that have been produced, for all the lockdowns we receive, why do we only have the 5 easy lockdown variations? Why do the Corpus continue to use Grineer Ciphers for their own use?

The majority of weapons are stat variants of each other, which may be okay, however it reinforces the feeling of "I've done this before" when you are supposed to be testing your new weapon. For a game that was stated to focus on variety in gameplay mechanics over quantity and power, the majority of releases are generally the same mechanics with a stat adjustment here or there.

Worlds continue to have little to no interactivity within them. Where Grineer are standing near a giant boiler or something, it would be nice to have that explode in their faces and deal damage. The Mining machines in particular should deal damage; those explosions are purely aesthetic.

2) Insisted reliance on a framerate based tick system, which causes issues with weapons and physics on medium/low-end computers

No. Upgrading your computer should not be the only counter-attack to this issue, which sadly, I see a lot whenever someone brings it up.

I myself am running on a "decent" PC; it runs Skyrim on High settings with a fair few mods pretty well, and most current-gen games are playable at 30-45 fps, however on Warframe, I tend to have instances where the AI saturates my CPU time and performance drops to a crawl. This generally happens in 4-player online, where spawning is at it's highest.

During these periods, running up stairs is an impossibility. Weapon fire rates drop rapidly. You become a detriment not only to yourself but to your team. This could be resolved by moving the physics tick rate away from frames per second and something more fundamentally standard, like actual time? It's done on many, many games before Warframe, and leaving physics to Framerate is bad practice in general.

3) Exploration is often punished, not rewarded

Following Scott's opinion on an Unstuck feature in one of the Livestreams, it's a pretty big slap in the face to players that lose out on their ability to play effectively simply because the mappers aren't making sure their maps are safe to explore in. In the past I've lost a despair BP to getting stuck, and all I did was wallrun-jump from a wallrunning panel towards the door. I shot under the railings and floor, and got stuck in an antlion trap (Effectively) which I can't jump out of or move from in any way.

By playing legitimately, and getting stuck in these manners, with no means with which to recover, and the continued disregard for players displayed, was like a hemorrhage to my interest in the game. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's lost out on mods and gear they'd like to keep solely because of mapping issues, but I am sure that DE doesn't particularly care too much about affected players, at this point.

I've made a thread in the past which countered pretty much every issue Scott had with an unstuck system.

4) Lack of interesting Lore, the ridiculously slow pace of narrative content releases.

Lore has been promised since the beginning of Update 7. In the Design Council, Steve said that it was something he wants to focus on in Update 7.

It's Update 9. It's here now. But wait a moment. The underlying system Steve proposed was a system which encouraged exploration and creative use of mechanics to reach secret areas, which could contain Lore fragments. These Lore fragments would provide the Tenno with more and more information regarding the Warframe universe. This proposed system frankly is a lot more interesting to me than the current "you all get information as it arrives" system that's now been implemented.

The fact that it has taken 5 months to write a page or two of Lore suitable for public review is pretty hard to believe, and the diluted system presented to everyone now is a slap in the face of what it could have been.

These are but a few of the main reasons I have moved away, but as I missed the first few 7 day login rewards, it really made me start to wonder what I continued to see in the game. It makes one open their eyes and realise that the entire goal of Warframe is to keep you playing with the hook of a new item, when the actual mechanics themselves are still unrefined and problematic, and DE claims this is a feature.

As for what I've been doing to while away the time, I've been working on a little project in Unity. I am trying to make a rhythm based Action RPG that combines free roaming combat with guitar hero-esque gameplay for special attacks and defence. 

Just to see how it goes.

I just realized I probably should have condensed all my replies into one post, I have bad habits with forum etiquette.

However Posts like these restore my faith in the warframe community : )

+1 

Why? Economically speaking, those are sunk costs. No matter how much, it's already "sunk". Base your decision on the future, not the past my dear clan leader :D <3

Well its not about the money :3

Its that I have so many pretty skins I can show off on league of legends :P

I feel like a noob when I play dota 2 haha

Shout out to epic clan members 

Edited by pdxdubin

I asked a friend just now, someone that played Dota 2 for some of the skills their champions have. All the skills are op compared to leagues.

His 2 cents was "An experience League player will do bad in Dota 2 and an experience Dota 2 player will do bad in League"

I asked a friend just now, someone that played Dota 2 for some of the skills their champions have. All the skills are op compared to leagues.

His 2 cents was "An experience League player will do bad in Dota 2 and an experience Dota 2 player will do bad in League"

Not true with the last part, Once you learn one game you can do well in both.

Like I said in dota 2 its easy to face roll because there is no strict limit to power.

And if you get really good with some heros "invoker" you can just like kill everyone 

Or those other op heros that can just kill everyone or teleport across the map or turn trees into zombies.

Lol is a lot more "predictable"

And that is why it works so well in MLG 

I'm with you on being bored and done with Warframe.

It seems many updates now are quite lackluster and the newly released contents just introduce more grinding.

Throw in a horrible matchmaking system and you can almost hear the death knell of Warframe.

At least I had a good run with Warframe while it lasted. 400 hours and first 200 were an absolute blast. 

Anyway, why not give Payday 2 a try?

It's coming out in less than a week now and I am having a lot of fun with the beta.

Not true with the last part, Once you learn one game you can do well in both.

Like I said in dota 2 its easy to face roll because there is no strict limit to power.

And if you get really good with some heros "invoker" you can just like kill everyone 

Or those other op heros that can just kill everyone or teleport across the map or turn trees into zombies.

Lol is a lot more "predictable"

And that is why it works so well in MLG 

in the beginning an lol player will do bad in dota2 and a dota2 player will do bad in lol. Not because of the player's skill but because of the lack of knowledge on the champions' skills and counters.

I duno........... 

What do you guys do for fun ? 

I have a huge list of "What to play" when not in Warframe.

Atm i'm playing again Dragon Age: Origins, once i finish it again, i'll start Dragon Age Awakening, and after that the DLC Golems of Agmarak and Witch Hunt.

After finishing the DAO, DAA and DAO DLC, i'll just start Dragon Age 2.

Last week finished my Final Fantasy XIII and next week on my birthday i'm gonna get Final Fantasy XIII-2. Waiting anxiously for the release of FFX and FFX-2 HD Remake.

Has been 4 days since i've actually played Warframe, i just log for daily login and/or specific alerts.