Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding Relics to bounties that is not vaulted

(PSN)kfrancis902

I thought getting these relics couldn’t get any worse, then DE proves me wrong. The common loot pool is flooded with garbage. What good is 100 endo or 2500 credits? The only unvaultes relics that have dropped for me since this change are the Axi relics. And I didn’t have a problem getting those before but now there’s a common relic that has a chance of screwing me out of that unvaulted relic. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Immortal_2345 said:

The common loot pool is flooded with garbage. What good is 100 endo or 2500 credits?

Don't you get them (only in smaller quantities) in other endless missions too? How come they're only giving you a headache in the Plains?

On top of that, assuming PoE isn't bugged to the Void and beyond (like now), the amount of time you usually need to complete a bounty rivals an interception round, only it's more diverse and safe from spin2win and WoF type builds.

I know everyone would be horribly happy with just the unvaulted relic (and maybe - just maybe - the lens). But really now, at what point will we go "Okay, this content is too easy to cheese through and the rewards are just to easy to get!"? At no point?! :D

I mean, I can't really think of ANY game that has desireable rewards dropping on our heads as soon as we leave the city/hub/whatever (again, assuming we can leave Cetus in a civilized fashion - which is not always the case). And yet, people complained in Warframe about the desireable loot dropping on the wrong exit ('cause it was pretty much raining relics during them PoE bounties). Sadly, we needed a bit of time to move away from our hard-coded bot-behavior in the relics aquisition business and for some it was too late.

PoE issues regarding unvaulted relics accessibility are related to AI and the recent swarm of bugs plaguing the place - certainly not the drop chance being "screwed over" by the addition of one relic and the relocation of the unvaulted ones to a higher tier. Because the latter has much worse alternatives in the defense missions (getting mod-spammed for 40 waves or having the team abandon the objective when the 2nd type of relics would have a chance to drop).

5 hours ago, (PS4)i____edyourmom said:

More and more DE is trying to force us to play PoE. 

Yup, but we won't! not unless we get a PoE sized aoe nuking ability on our favorite frame. Preferably a toggle ability.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Lucid1 said:

Trying to push you towards buying plat.

[Sarcasm] Because buying plats solves the drop tables or any other PoE related issues. Not to mention, you can always buy PA packs with plats... WAAAAIT! you mean, buy plats so you can buy the relics from people who actually don't have a problem with running PoE bounties?! I'm confused. [/Sarcasm]

1 hour ago, Himenoinu said:

[Sarcasm] Because buying plats solves the drop tables or any other PoE related issues. Not to mention, you can always buy PA packs with plats... WAAAAIT! you mean, buy plats so you can buy the relics from people who actually don't have a problem with running PoE bounties?! I'm confused. [/Sarcasm]

No, but prices will sharply increase for individual items because of this. 

'People' who don't have a problem'; Yes, farmers and traders, mostly traders, they will still farm for the relics because they will benefit hugely from this. It's as if you don't play the game, or you just left logic at the door on your way in to have a go at humour - it didn't work. 

4 hours ago, Himenoinu said:

Don't you get them (only in smaller quantities) in other endless missions too? How come they're only giving you a headache in the Plains?

On top of that, assuming PoE isn't bugged to the Void and beyond (like now), the amount of time you usually need to complete a bounty rivals an interception round, only it's more diverse and safe from spin2win and WoF type builds.

I know everyone would be horribly happy with just the unvaulted relic (and maybe - just maybe - the lens). But really now, at what point will we go "Okay, this content is too easy to cheese through and the rewards are just to easy to get!"? At no point?! :D

I mean, I can't really think of ANY game that has desireable rewards dropping on our heads as soon as we leave the city/hub/whatever (again, assuming we can leave Cetus in a civilized fashion - which is not always the case). And yet, people complained in Warframe about the desireable loot dropping on the wrong exit ('cause it was pretty much raining relics during them PoE bounties). Sadly, we needed a bit of time to move away from our hard-coded bot-behavior in the relics aquisition business and for some it was too late.

PoE issues regarding unvaulted relics accessibility are related to AI and the recent swarm of bugs plaguing the place - certainly not the drop chance being "screwed over" by the addition of one relic and the relocation of the unvaulted ones to a higher tier. Because the latter has much worse alternatives in the defense missions (getting mod-spammed for 40 waves or having the team abandon the objective when the 2nd type of relics would have a chance to drop).

Yup, but we won't! not unless we get a PoE sized aoe nuking ability on our favorite frame. Preferably a toggle ability.

Well that's why I asked people's opinion may not agree with your thoughts, but good to hear another side. You may not have factored in that the bounties go away and you have to wait 2hrs and a half to 5hrs (new to bounties so if it's less than 5 hrs excuse me) to get another chance to farm the relic at least in endless you could keep trying with no pause in between.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Pokeyzilla said:

No, but prices will sharply increase for individual items because of this. 

'People' who don't have a problem'; Yes, farmers and traders, mostly traders, they will still farm for the relics because they will benefit hugely from this. It's as if you don't play the game, or you just left logic at the door on your way in to have a go at humour - it didn't work. 

So DE is forcing people to buy plats so that other people will benefit from it by not buying plats, but by playing the game. I see.

I play the game, I didn't drop logic on the floor (am afraid it may glitch like the Vomvalysts and I'll ne'er get it back. I didn't abusively farm the relics (not in the way I tried farming for Nikana relics on Io before vaulting at least). I'd say I run around 10-15 bounties in a day, aimed at what I need in the moment to complete a prime. So probably around 2 hours, including the time spent chasing down eidolons (when they don't feel like playing whack-a-mole with us). So maybe 1 hour or so is spent running in and out the PoE gates hunting bad grineers, while the other one I spend mining and learning how to play tag with the big sentients.

Is that farming?! Probably, since I run each bounty more than once per day. Am I gonna trade the prime parts I get from the relics?! Probably, since I don't envision dual wielding glaives or having an army of Lokis and Embers with slightly different forma setups or paint jobs. Is it any different than other farming activities that are yielding some plats at the end - like Vault Runs?! I don't think so. The rng is stronk in those two and the rewards are borderline frustrating most of the time :D

What you seem to not have understood however, is exactly that bit you quoted, "People who don't have a problem". I don't farm to trade, I farm to own. And I enjoy running the bounties for the relics, more than I do sitting like a rooster on a cryopod. You see the game as a business model and nothing else. DE will squeeze more $ from this, the traders will buy a new fashion piece or 10 from this... and everyone else is either rightfully frustrated by it or they "don't play the game, or [...] just left logic at the door".

1 hour ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

You may not have factored in that the bounties go away and you have to wait 2hrs and a half to 5hrs (new to bounties so if it's less than 5 hrs excuse me) to get another chance to farm the relic at least in endless you could keep trying with no pause in between.

I did factor everything in :D Best part is, when the relic I miss shows up on the bounties list, I end up running the bounty once or twice before getting distracted and doing something else (either a G2 or just cracking open some relics). I don't care that I might not have 1000001 relics when the unvaulting ends and that I might not get stinking rich from selling them or their contents. I get what I can as long as it is fun (and right now, with everything going berserk on the Plains it just AIN'T), if I end up with more, I sell. If I don't and I miss some parts, I'll buy. Meh. Fun's more important :D

Also... "at least in endless you could keep trying with no pause in between"... And you say you're playing a game?! :D Do you enjoy doing that? :D And more important, do you still enjoy doing that with fewer frames to brain-afk the endless missions? :D Lastly, on this topic, Io was toxic at the end of Saryn Prime's stay. It was nigh impossible to get a random group that would run 20+ waves, 'cause of the voracity for the Meso relics.

That bit is out of the way with the last 3 steps taken by DE. First, they dropped the relics in a place that is faster, exibits a more varied activity and doesn't encourage 1 button warriors. Then, when the players became a bit too toxic in their greed/rush for the relics, they adjusted the loot tables to compensate for the a****le behavior of abandoning your team at stage 1. And with the reintroduction of the other relics I feel like they've brought the PoE bounties on pair with any other endless regarding the chance of getting a certain item from the reward table. It may have been a tricky attempt to draw more attention to PoE too, but things could've gone smoother if players weren't the selfish ninjas they proved to be :D Hell! They could've done the "run one bounty and bail out" all day long with their friends or alone. BUt grieving team mates to suit one's playstyle or needs is in high fashion :D

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiei-YYH said:

who thinks having 2500 credits and 100 endo in the list is a good thing? for god sake -_- that's why no one wants to play PoE, too much SH** in the drop list, useless mods that drop from every fu**ing enemy in the game... come on.

Or survival missions... or defense ones. The only problem you have now with the reward tables and PoE is that they put there a relic set you can't get on Interception missions. Wee have no way to get around this and it robs you the wrong way all the way.

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Known as Fury said:

It has been a disappointing turn of events. Putting trash relics in that I can get on Xini in 5 minutes has made the grind that much more unbearable, with loading times to get into PoE taking forever and the bugs springing up in 1 in 5 bounties that cause failure. It's a bit silly now.

It's probably one of the reasons they didn't put them up at your most convenient set of locations. To... broaden our horizons past the usual loot caves we tend to bury ourselves in.

But the bugs and hiccups of PoE do add a lot of grievance to the event :D

2 minutes ago, Himenoinu said:

Or survival missions... or defense ones. The only problem you have now with the reward tables and PoE is that they put there a relic set you can't get on Interception missions. Wee have no way to get around this and it robs you the wrong way all the way.

It's probably one of the reasons they didn't put them up at your most convenient set of locations. To... broaden our horizons past the usual loot caves we tend to bury ourselves in.

to me, all those drops should be removed completely from the WHOLE game, why an item in the drop list that drops basically everywhere and from any enemy? it's just to make  players furious.
Oh look, you got 80 endo for finishing a wave 50 in defense, great huh? too bad the enemies already dropped more than 1000 -_-

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiei-YYH said:

to me, all those drops should be removed completely from the WHOLE game, why an item in the drop list that drops basically everywhere and from any enemy? it's just to make  players furious.
Oh look, you got 80 endo for finishing a wave 50 in defense, great huh? too bad the enemies already dropped more than 1000 -_-

From my point of view, very few missions have relevant rewards. Even fewer have them placed with at least a grain of logic and lore. Excavations rewarding less relics than any other endless, Survivals rewarding things no one would risk a whole team of tennos for, Interceptions rewarding relics although all you do there is beating people over the control of some radio stations (and the decoded message is... a material relic) and Defense missions rewarding general loot - from them endos to countless mods that even the wind drops at times. The Sabotage cashes, Spy missions and the PoE bounties have the most logic placement of rewards - at least in my opinion. It's yet another reason I tend to defend the bounties there - 'cause I keep comparing them to all the other endless missions and they kinda shine :D

21 hours ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

In a hot fix De has added other relics to the bounties table that are not vaulted and in my opinion has messed up 10-30 bounties to get Lith G2 Relics.

How do you all fell about it?

I feel like it was the right thing to do .

2 hours ago, Himenoinu said:

The unvaulted relics being available through PoE isn't something that bothers me. I think it's better for them to have their own locations than to just throw them in to a loot-table full of other relics. I just feel like they've handled this in a less than optimal way. I understand the their 'fix' was to stop people leaving on the first stages of bounties for faster relic acquisition, but it was done in the wrong way. 

In my opinion, I'd have thought that removing the G2/E1/F1/F3/S2/L1 relics from the bronze pool would simply have been enough. The problem mostly lies with how poor the PoE loot table is in itself though. I understand that new players have access to PoE from a pretty early stage, but 300 circuits/100 endo/100 kuva is almost as worthless to them, as it is to anyone that has a lot of time on the game. Bumping the unvaulted relics up to silver (even gold perhaps) wouldn't have aggrieved me too much, and then buffing the other rewards to not make it feel like such a waste of time, would have been better.