Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Pvp?

gpturismo

Before you flame, just a quick thought. Maybe we could do 4v4 style Moba maps, with creeps etc? Also allow players to modify creeps before and during play to adjust to the other team versus buying items? Use credits earned to purchase creeps to repair or to even replace/rebuild towers? I could see the games taking some time but I think it would be fun.

It would be similar to Smite, but with Tenno.

Just a thought. What are your thoughts?

In order to implement this kind of PvP the game would have to undergo what I suspect would be months of balancing with powers and weapons and whatnot.  Not to mention the fact that you're trying to provide a PvP style that has already been done to death anyway.

If we absolutely must have PvP in Warframe, can't we have something that isn't just LoL, or CoD or some other easily acronym-ed game?

Edited by Hollow_Knight

I think they should just let us take the role of Stalker from time to time. Yes they would need to balance it out, but imgaine how fun it would be to just lurk in the dark, waiting for the right moment to assassinate the group of tennos. :D Not only it would be a fun mode, but it would also add something new and unpredictable to each Stalker encounter. 

All it would take is one person with a maxed Ogris on a team to make that team near impossible to beat from a damage standpoint on the 'towers'.

Or just have a team of trinities run right up next to a tower and use link as they just rip it apart while being completely invulnerable...

In the end this wouldn't work without *major* rebalancing of every power, weapon and Frame in the entire game, and I would much rather see them polish and improve upon the PvE aspect.

Further, read the FAQ, it states that they dont want to include PvP and instead will do other competitive game styles such as leaderboards and whatnot.

In order to implement this kind of PvP the game would have to undergo what I suspect would be months of balancing with powers and weapons and whatnot.

In the end this wouldn't work without *major* rebalancing of every power, weapon and Frame in the entire game, and I would much rather see them polish and improve upon the PvE aspect.

These. Also, to add: hosting issues. Who will host the game? Can the host handle 7 players at once? How will matchmaking go?

It's fascinating how quickly people comment on any thread with "pvp" in the title. Just something I've noticed.

Widely known fact: if you put "pvp" in your thread's title on these forums, you accept that you could (will probably) be flamed against, regardless of what your OP says.

Ok. No matter how much I hate myself for typing thing im going to type in a sec (I promise to keep bashing the wall with my forehead for 30 mins as a punishment) I belive adding pvp aspect to the game at some point is unavoidable (for the record: I hate pvp games). I just hope im wrong...

But MOBA? Nah. Ctf, DM and TDM...

Warframe MOBA? The hell? It's like making Bulletstorm RTS or Age of Empires TPP!

Besides:
Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)
There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

Warframe MOBA? The hell? It's like making Bulletstorm RTS or Age of Empires TPP!

Besides:

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

You forgot to mention you picked that from the FAQ, some might not know of it, so it is a nice "thing" to warn ^^