The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Education is important, lets improve warframe a bit.

Fallen_Echo

Hello there, Tenno.

Today i want to talk about one of the reoccurring problem warframe has, the lack of meaningful tutorials.

We all have seen it ingame, some guy just comes up to the chat and asks "Is mastery and lv the same?" or "what are these cards i get?" and other similar questions about basics they never seen to get informed.

What i want to propose here are ways to implement more tutorials and information ingame without creating hand-holding issues.

So lets go on with the suggestions:

1. Update the loading screen hints.

Seriously it needs to explain and show more important aspects like you can see movement tutorial in the codex or why you want to forma stuff and so on.

This is the least invasive way to put in tutorials ingame and as such it must be always up to date and has to have the most important infos one could get.

2. Hint of the day.

Another easy way to get important basics throught is to make a hint of the day appear either above the navigation console or above the login reward chooser. Easy to do, passively feeds info into the game.

3. A simple quiz game.

Now this is a bit less passive, i propose to use up the grineer signal console to have another function. We could have a grineer, corpus or tenno instructor talking in it asking questions to the audience and we could join in. When someone decided to join in he gets a simple multichoice questionarie for every round regarding to basics and the facts of factions. For every good answer the players would get 500 credits up to 5K and depending on how fast they were they can appear on a highscore table too.

Every time the player picks the wrong anwer the instructor tells what was the good answer and why. Optionally skipable.

The reward is low for veterans and such but for a newbie it could be worthwhile to learn all these things.

4. The Tenno headquaters.

Okay this is the most invasive tutorial system i thought of. This is a teleporter placed in every hub system. It generates a very basic version of the simalurcum, featuring target practice area with moving targets, 3 obstacle courses with instructions on the walls and a specter to show how to do it and a primary weapon duel room where you take 98% less damage cant use skills but it uses the rules of the pve enviroment. If someone doesnt have a friend to enter it the system can generate a random specter in the area to fight with.

tutorial missions. that give you some info. and some reward at the end.
something like cephalon room. that give you simple objective. like using different elemetals type. how made different types and what they do. 
just little simple missions like in others games. that gives you info about some mechanics and reward

and loading hints. i like them %) 

Back in my day we bashed our heads against a wall and shared the result with others...we learned through action...

But really, the loading screen hints need updating a tad.
The least hand holding method I can come up with is an inbox message that appears when you get your ship that'll show a couple screenshots of various windows with arrows pointing out what each thing means in a small 1-2 sentence summary.

back in my day the tutorial was bugged and you had to skip it. it also never mentioned anything about modding or even how to play the game on a basic level.

A few days ago i made a new account on my xbox just to try the new player experience. Its pretty good. If people are still asking how to use mods then they werent paying any attention.

Edited by Zhoyzu