Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Big Whopping List Of Nightmare Modifiers

TheCometCE

Here it comes, a big list of all the ideas I've had recently about nightmare mode modifiers :)

These range from restrictive to alternative mechanics to some more cosmetic changes.

Unarmed: All enemies fight in melee, but there are twice as many of them. (does not affect infested)

Increased Gravity: You fall faster and your shots drop off quickly. (2x gravity)

Ammo Scarcity: Enemies drop half as much ammo.

Elite Squadron: All enemies are elite variants and the alarm is already triggered, but there are less enemies.

Self-Destruct: The map is on fire and there are random explosions. (ship missions only)

Armor Piercing Ammo: Enemy weapons ignore warframe armor.

Overcharge: Warframes have twice as much energy and regenerate 2 energy per second, but enemies have double shields.

Neurotoxin: Your aim is shaky. (reticle swerves slightly and has some acceleration when turning)

Deep Penetration: Warframe and enemy bullets pierce 1m. (mods are added on top of the 1m)

EMP: Sentinels cannot attack.

Preferred Enemy: Enemies do not change targets. (Once a warframe is targeted, they will not go after any other player)

Stimulant: Enemies run 25% faster.

Thick Atmosphere: Projectiles travel at 1/4 their normal speed.

Tremors: Warframes and enemies that are on solid ground are staggered at random (stagger affects all entities on map at the same time)

Serrated Blades: Melee attacks are at 4x strength (affects warframes and enemies)

Power Outage: Lights are all out, rely on your flashlight.

Magnetized Boots: Non-infested enemies resist knockdown.

Strike Team: A separate faction will invade the map halfway through. (eg: corpus show up at grineer, infested at corpus, etc.)

Unlikely Alliance: Both Grineer and Corpus enemies on the map and are allied. (does not show up on infested maps)

Hot Exfiltration: Defend the exit pod for 3 minutes before you can leave.

Hostage Squad: The hostage room contains 3 hostages.

EMF Leak: Warframe HUD is scrambled at random. (akin to disruptor attack)

High Pressure: Stamina is reduced by 50% and regenerates at 75% the normal rate.

Improved Hull: Ship windows do not break.

(damage type) Amp: (damage type) deals twice as much damage. (would dice roll through the damage types the players have on their equipment and what enemies are using for the mission)

What Stalker?: The stalker will attack each player. (for each player, there will be a separate stalker attack during the mission)

Sniper Support: In addition to regular enemies, there will be sniper units in each populated room. (does not affect infested obviously)

Heavy Slugs: Enemy and warframe projectiles are 50% more likely to stagger.

Honorable Kill: Enemies can only be killed with melee, but can be damaged by any other attack. (wear down an opponent to 1 health with a gun, then finish them with a sword)

Mass Sonar: Every enemy is affected by Banshee's Sonar at all times, but they can ONLY be damaged on the marked region.

Predators: Enemies are cloaked and only decloak when within 50m.

Damaged Gravity Drive: The entire map is tilted and off level. (ships only, would leave the entire map leaned on its side, or make the run to the objective down/uphill, etc.)

Well Equipped: Warframe and enemy weapons deal critical hits on every shot.

Hip Fire: Weapons cannot be aimed down their sights.

Friction: Warframes cannot slide.

Mixed Unit: Enemy levels vary wildly. (+-20 enemy level for any enemy entities)

Some of these are alright, I have had the mini-map glitch out on me and be invisible let me tell you that was a nightmare of itself as we spent 25 minutes wandering the map with a broken map indicator (all of us) trying to find the evac after killing Lech Krill.

Yea...as the 9.4 patchnotes said, if you REALLY enjoed no mini map kinda gameplay, just slap a sticky note over that part of your computer screen ;P

well some ppl cant find exit even with a minimap and objective marker so....

and i dont say it's good, but it's definitely a nightmare mode

Edited by Pro3Display