The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't we see blue sky ?

kaelnon

Firstly hi to everyone. My problem is something hard to fix or make, what ever you wanna say. By the way before I would like to say " sorry but my english is not perfect but I belive you will understand what is my problem."

So here we go. Game is really good and it have perfect designs I think but there is something is missing. Why all places so dark ? Shouldnt we see some different things ? Okay, its good to play in spaceships and dark corners but there are just dark corners so it making me sick. İf you guys gonna make some new maps. Please let us see blue sky, sun, clouds, grass, trees, waters and waterfalls. I think everyone has that problem. We are always in dark places. We can sabotage buildings in earth, mars or whatever because. At least let us fight outside of these buildings until we go in building. Or we can fight in jungle and reach to building or somekind or boss or whatever. These are ideas that I have. I belive Warframe team could do that for players and I belive you could design these places. I hope you will consider my problem, I know its hard to make these kinds of things because you will have to design new maps but please like as I said, consider it. And if you will do these maps, dont make all of them high level maps, by that way you will make low level players bind to game. If there is someone who shares my ideas please post here because these kinds of things may not accepted until high numbers wants.

Edited by kaelnon

Space ships and derelict asteroid bases rarely have beautiful fauna to admire. And since blue skies are a byproduct of the atmosphere of Earth (which is now polluted and a sickly green...), you probably won't see those in Warframe, ever. :/

There could be a greenhouse section in a ship, if you are looking for flora.

My impression of all the 'livable' planets is that they are smog-choked, industrial wastelands. Not even Earth could escape that, it has a sickly green tinge to it in the galaxy map.

Mars wasn't terraformed so its still a red planet, and the rest have varying levels of survivability on the surface.

The devs could mess around with simulation/hologram chambers that create a fake environment, and have the entire level take place in one. That would offer more variety perhaps.

Whenever we go with more in-depth environments, at least as far as the Corpus, we might see some very elegant temple city stations around Neptune with trees and nice clean halls. Their ships are actually relatively bright; its the Grineer and the Infection that are, appropriately, dark and gritty.

dont give up red or green sky can be fun too

also with the recent new maps they shown us that they were able to build big open spaces..

i am sure you can create blocks lookin like evrything possible with that map generator

maybe it's just a matter of time

Edited by Tsoe

How about in addition to the stark white of the tenno rank challenge they include other "meditation" scenes. A Bamboo Forest, a Open grass plain with blue sky over head. A Rocky Prominence with TIdes crashing in during a rain storm.

I am not suggesting there be any interaction in these areas over and above the slaughter of grineer. They should maintain the same hazy blur filled environment as the stark white just have the features of these other traditional scenes.

I think if he had to have one of these personal "meditation into fight" when we used one of our 4 Revives it would be cool, if not necessarily technologically feasible.

They're working on new maps. Sky I think might be an issue just because of something I saw one of the devs post somewhere. Basically that since the tiles are randomly strung together, they have to try and keep a consistent ceiling above your head and that is hard with sky. I know they're working on new maps and maybe they can find a way around this by having you go to some kind of greenhouse section of a ship and then back into the ship proper, but I think it is a pretty big challenge for them.

Also, FWIW, this game is kind of a dungeon crawler, which are usually more on the dark side of things. Gorgeous game so hey, I'd love some sky but I'm cool with what they've got.

Edited by cypherhalo

İts not that big challange. They are not making 3d mountains, clouds or whatever. They are just somekind of picture. So sky is not so hard to these people who designed that good armors and enviroments. Dont you guys want to see some other places. We are always in ships and unfortunately it is boring thing to being in same kind of places. Think about other games, they have desert maps, forest maps and snowy maps and etc. . So why are they making differant kinds of maps ? Because if players always see same kinds of places, they will get bored in short time. Thats why I wish that and I hope they will accept it with your helps.

We have same ideas Cedric. Im just wanna say ; I just wanna see other kinds of maps, not just ships in spaces. Because one way or another it will get boring for you too. There could be more ship designs too but they will be same kinds of maps again. I say there should be " variety " . And I hope they will do another kinds of maps, thats why I want some support from all of you because that will be good for all of us.

I like that idea.

Around the time i was getting sick of the same ships they updated : )

But yea why always ship? Why are the sorpus and Grineer ships the same ??

Im thinking more of us being on the crust of a planet and also going underground since we can breath in space. But i doubt blue sky and flora man .Earth is messed up right now .

There could be more ideas I think. There will be other galaxies too. And there is no need to see heaven like earth. We could fight on other planets and there could be places in moon and we can see dark earth at dark sky too. I think Kaelnon wants to say " We need other kinds of places, dont bind us to just space ships." and I like that idea too because Im getting bored too because of these ships.

I know they're working on more maps and I want more maps, I just feel like this game is in that "dungeon crawler" style of game. I mean, there are plenty of games that keep you in more or less similar areas, think to a game like Torchlight or Metroid: Other M. Yeah, they had some different environments, but you were still in a ship or in the mines, etc. So, anyway, I guess all I'm saying is I'm not expecting nor particularly desiring some kind of big outdoor jungle map or something like that. I'm fine with sticking to ships and bases and bunkers and such. More variety is of course always a good thing and I'm confident there is more on the way, the asteroid bases are already pretty significantly different then the Corpus ships. So bring on more maps :-)

Space ships and derelict asteroid bases rarely have beautiful fauna to admire. And since blue skies are a byproduct of the atmosphere of Earth (which is now polluted and a sickly green...), you probably won't see those in Warframe, ever. :/

New Solar Systems? "Nothing but Blue Skies do I see..."

Realistically? Even on a derilict space ship there is bound to be a hydroponics or agricultural section unless travel across the solar system is accomplished in days or weeks.

That would actually be a pretty badass tileset for infected missions actually, an old ship whose hydroponics has become entirely overgrown and dominates most of the ship.