Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Parkour/maneuvers] Encouraging Use Of Mechanic

Brisarge

I have yet to meet another player who enjoys using parkour, not just as a leisure, but as a tactic as well. Most of the time players just stand there and fire their weapons.

There needs to be at least some sort of benefit from using this. A damage multiplier, credit bonus, xp bonus, etc.

You get a real sense of awesome when you horizontal wall run on a curved wall over a crowd of grineer, killing them all with kunai while your teammates watch in awe. I really like the idea of combing the combat with parkour.

I can see theres some pre-set areas to use parkour on quite a few tiles, but that's not exactly as fun.

Another issue is that the maps are extremely small, and parkour requires so much space. There are certain map tiles that are larger than others—which the largest are corprus outdoor tiles—but none of them really give you any reason to use parkour.

It is very difficult to find a good wall to run on, they either aren't long enough, or have too many physical details.

I remember the first animated trailer I saw for the game, with the battle against captain vor, really showed off the mobility aspect of the game.

Criticism and adding your own feedback would be much appreciated.

I like to use it to cross country wall run my way across maps while zorencopting over corpus heads and the occasion accidently ground pound followed by my sentinel's vaporize beam. Other than that parkour and combat are very limited, like you stated.

I can't do a single run without using it extensively. The movement system increases the enjoyment of this game exponentially for me. You should check out this thread... You will be surprised how many people also enjoy the parkour... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/2786-combo-moves-discovered/#entry17502

Edited by RawGritz

What I'd like to see is MOAR LOOT ROOMS that require Parkour to get to, BUT make them a little more obvious as to the fact there IS a loot room actually there.

As for using Parkour in battle, well in Corpus maps I always do my little slides, the slide jumps, etc... but I never really saw much opportunity, nor the need, to do any wall-running in battle. The only two maps that really allow that are Grineer Asteroids and Galleons, the Galleons are some of the most obnoxious levels to actually play because of how ridiculous mob spawns in them are, and Asteroids... have ridiculously large open areas, and lots of catwalks -- not very much parkour to be had there. A few tiles have it, but most don't.

Outposts? There's a few neat parkour tricks to get to loot rooms, but meh. Zorencopter is probably what you'd be doing more of than anything given the huge expansive outside areas that you have to traverse.

I would like to see more parkour, it's such an amazing mechanics and it's so poorly encouraged.....

But the first step is to kill the bugs and exploits..... like why use parkour when there are friggin Tenno propellers with dual zorens and fangs? wth is that come on DE, fix that already!

There's also the fact that Loki and Nova can cheap any loot room and even more, while a frost or non rush frame battles his way with parkour through void vaults and the parkour course..... nova or loki can just cheap it instantly with warmhole and switch.

And if the grapple hook sees the light of day.... i fear we'll be seeing less and less parkour.

I feel like this game's endgame should deal with parkour, since its so fun to do all those movement combos.

What stops me from doing it... the game itself. If you're doing higher level missions, enemies hurt, and doing sliding attacks, wall running attacks is hard, requires high precision with little benefit. If you miss some trick, you'll be filled with bullets.

I'd love to see more complex map designs where using parkour is possible to avoid some fights, allow access to some secret loot places and such. There are few places where its possible to do that, but there's clearly not enough.

Question to Corpus, Grineer and uhh...maybe not infested... "Can you Parkour, Bro?"

If enemies did parkour, I think I would do it a lot more to compete, if only visually. At least the Stalker..!!

Edited by RawGritz

There's already a duty challenge to kill some target during the slide. So just adding a new set of challenges will be worthy enough to force ppl to use their parkour abilities. As Example: kill 10 targets during the wallrun, knock off 20 targets using your dragon kick, spent 10 second in the midair, etc. I would LOVE to participate into it.

Parkour is great to get into melee ranged, and while useing Vauban, it really helps to get around a Defense Mission to check on Teslas and not get mowed down by Corpus lasers...

Other than that, helps me with Tier 3 Void missions where I can't afford to just advance one dead body at a time and I need to run and gun to the objective and then to extraction.

All in all, I think it really is a feature to be mastered rather than them do anything to dumb it down for us. For me, parkour works generally smooth (although the boost you get from a wall jump is slightly annoying). And guess what people? This is probably one of the benefits of tile designed stages. If you come across a tile you are familiar with, you may already have a parkour route set out for it and it can get you out of bind just by knowing your tiles well.

Parkour is great to get into melee ranged, and while useing Vauban, it really helps to get around a Defense Mission to check on Teslas and not get mowed down by Corpus lasers...

Other than that, helps me with Tier 3 Void missions where I can't afford to just advance one dead body at a time and I need to run and gun to the objective and then to extraction.

All in all, I think it really is a feature to be mastered rather than them do anything to dumb it down for us. For me, parkour works generally smooth (although the boost you get from a wall jump is slightly annoying). And guess what people? This is probably one of the benefits of tile designed stages. If you come across a tile you are familiar with, you may already have a parkour route set out for it and it can get you out of bind just by knowing your tiles well.

Not necessarily "dumbing it down". It could just use some more combat integration. But the main point is I never see enough people using it. People treat the game as if it was an everyday shooter, and that dissapoints me because they don't get the full spectrum of the gameplay.

More uses for parkour in general would be very lovely. We are ninjas, after all. Call me crazy, but I have fun wall running and backflipping.

I would love to see more uses for parkour in combat, but I just can't see any good ideas being come up with.