Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Whisps should spawn at all ponds in one session rather than very few(Infact, the farm for these is quite stupid at the moment)

Sorise

You guys made Teralyst farming more convenient well, it's time to do the same for these.

No more need to go back to Cetus after getting 2-3(mostly).

More folks would have better Operator Amps for Teralyst fights if you do this.

The less folkss w/ Mote Amps, the better.

Only recruit those w/o Mote? This makes more people available for you squad.

Edited by Sorise

10 minutes ago, Cryoguard said:

They aren't that hard to farm, and they have increased spawns at night. You get a good loadout and farming these is easy (toss a smeeta and boosters on top of that, and you can literally get upwards of 50 in one night cycle).

And why is a booster needed for this?

Why go back to Cetus so often after finding so little?

Why not jus stay in Cetus like a normal open world?

Not convenient at all.

Jus boring monotonous gameplay(And quite dumb actually)...

Was it even intentional to farm this stupid way?

10 minutes ago, Cryoguard said:

They aren't that hard to farm, and they have increased spawns at night. You get a good loadout and farming these is easy (toss a smeeta and boosters on top of that, and you can literally get upwards of 50 in one night cycle).

Edited by Sorise

Just now, Sorise said:

And why is a booster needed for this?

Why go back to Cetus so often after finding so little?

Why not jus stay in Cetus like a normal open world?

Not convenient at all.

Jus boring monotonous gameplay...

You don't need a booster. Smeeta will work fine. Also I will point out that PoE is not a true open world, but a free roam instance, which means the worldstate is generated upon entrance. This includes mining, wisps, and Eidolons.

1 minute ago, Cryoguard said:

You don't need a booster. Smeeta will work fine. Also I will point out that PoE is not a true open world, but a free roam instance, which means the worldstate is generated upon entrance. This includes mining, wisps, and Eidolons.

Doesn't matter, it should act as an open world as much as it can...

That's what folks asked for.

Edited by Sorise

1 minute ago, Sorise said:

Doesn't matter, it should act as an open world as much as it can...

That's what folks asked for.

DE provided us a free roam instance, which no one asked for (nor did anyone ask for open world in large numbers). Saying it should act as an open world is counter-intuitive to the design. If you don't like farming wisps, then don't farm them. You're only hurting yourself by refusing to do rather simple content.

6 minutes ago, Cryoguard said:

DE provided us a free roam instance, which no one asked for (nor did anyone ask for open world in large numbers). Saying it should act as an open world is counter-intuitive to the design. If you don't like farming wisps, then don't farm them. You're only hurting yourself by refusing to do rather simple content.

Farming in general is simple, but can be inconvenient.

You act as if not having to go back to Cetus so often is way too much to ask for. It's a QoL thing, you know.

You like things being less convenient than they can...

Don't know why you are against upping the spawn of whisps at more ponds when a lot is equired and it makes sure you dont have to go back to Cetus often Dont see why Operator weapons are even gated behind this type of grind.

It should act as open world as much as it can...(as best as it could)

Already stopped farming them. Have all the amps I want.

You weren't around when they did ask for it.

Edited by Sorise

1 minute ago, Sorise said:

Farming in general is simple, but can be inconvenient.

You act as if not having to go back to Cetus so often is way too much to ask for. It's a QoL thing, you know.

You like things being less convenient than they can...

It should act as open world as much as it can...(as best as it could)

Already stopped farming them. Have all the amps I want.

You weren't around when they did ask for it.

mmm yeah sure let's go with the "I don't know what I'm talking about" solution. If you want an actual solution, why not have wisps spawn at intermittent timers? That would solve your issue of going back to Cetus without just handing everyone all the wisps they want.

As far as if PoE should act as an open world as best as it could... that's your opinion. DE retains the right to implement features as they want, and they want people to work for rewards.

1 minute ago, Cryoguard said:

mmm yeah sure let's go with the "I don't know what I'm talking about" solution. If you want an actual solution, why not have wisps spawn at intermittent timers? That would solve your issue of going back to Cetus without just handing everyone all the wisps they want.

As far as if PoE should act as an open world as best as it could... that's your opinion. DE retains the right to implement features as they want, and they want people to work for rewards.

What's the difference between my idea and now?

You go back to Cetus less often. That's it.

You still fly around a collect them.

They can respawn at ponds away from you,

You still see 1-2 each pond.

You find more by flying around then staying in one spot(although that would be more convenient if it were like fishing)

It's still the same, except, you don't have to restart the instance via Cetus. That's the part that makes no sense.

So that's the solution

You're too busy w/ your "I don't know what I'm talking about" replies to see this.

I agree with the mentality of less re-entering the plains and more staying on the plains like the new Eidolons and I think that is all that is needed. The load times (at least for me) is what makes it take long to grind. If progress was continuously saved during the plains, if bounties could be accepted on the plains, and if resources like gems and wisps could respawn while on the plains, then it would make the plains much more enjoyable and farming more bearable (for me).

3 hours ago, Sorise said:

What's the difference between my idea and now?

You go back to Cetus less often. That's it.

You still fly around a collect them.

They can respawn at ponds away from you,

You still see 1-2 each pond.

You find more by flying around then staying in one spot(although that would be more convenient if it were like fishing)

It's still the same, except, you don't have to restart the instance via Cetus. That's the part that makes no sense.

So that's the solution

You're too busy w/ your "I don't know what I'm talking about" replies to see this.

You're the one who's acting like I don't know what you're saying xD

The issue with your idea is that the spawn locations are more numerous than you think, and so having guaranteed spawns would trivialize hunting them. So limited spawns on a timer would be better than just outright guaranteed spawns to ensure that farming them isn't trivial yet also eliminate the need to return to Cetus (which is your complaint). I'm not opposed to them having respawn timers (even if I disagree that the farm needs this). I'm opposed to making the farm: head out, get all your wisps in one go, then never need to farm them again.

3 hours ago, Cryoguard said:

You're the one who's acting like I don't know what you're saying xD

The issue with your idea is that the spawn locations are more numerous than you think, and so having guaranteed spawns would trivialize hunting them. So limited spawns on a timer would be better than just outright guaranteed spawns to ensure that farming them isn't trivial yet also eliminate the need to return to Cetus (which is your complaint). I'm not opposed to them having respawn timers (even if I disagree that the farm needs this). I'm opposed to making the farm: head out, get all your wisps in one go, then never need to farm them again.

So rather than get 50 of them w/o going to cetus in one night or you get 50 of them after going to cetus for the umpteenth time in one night. Get in an archwing, blast over short number of actual spawn locations, blast back to Cetus to respawn them then blast back to same locations and repeat over and over. That already trivializes the farm due to them being guaranteed to spawn at at least 2-3 of the very few locations you normally go.

So what's the difference? Takes less than 3mins to cover the few locations they are already guaranteed to spawn.

My idea jus makes them spawn at all their spawn locations so you don't go to the same few locations overtime, you actually go over all of Cetus much like mining.

Also, when you look at the Cetus Whsip, you see spawns all over Cetus, but when you go there, you either rarely see one there or never see one there as opposed to the short route which sees quite a few spawns.

So did the devs intent for folks to zip back to cetus right away after flying over a short route?

It's all about convenience, not farming some stupid way in a huge map full of spawns only lookin in so little places. Defeats the purpose of having a lot of spawns everywhere. Why they even bother?

5 hours ago, Shifty_Shuffler said:

DE want you to spend plat on boosters. If wisps spawned at every pond/lake you would have so many in such a short time, you would spend less on boosters. They do not want players to get everything too fast too soon w/o their boosters.

Edited for more clarity :)

My idea, current way...All the same, except you don't go back to Cetus every 3min.