Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Mission Imminent Failure From Sortie Missions

LokiTheCondom

A nonsensical feature that's present in a game mode where you may take longer than usual to deal with bullet sponges boss that have their stats ramped up to eleven due to handicaps like Elemental/Physical Damage Enhancement.

Was just casually attempting to kill Lephantis on Sortie 3 with a general build and I got hit with "Mission Imminent Failure". Even after Lephantis was killed, the countdown still resumed and my mission failed solely because I couldn't make it to the extraction.

Well I feel you buddy. I was afraid it may happen too in my team. Since just day before I did a regular Lephantis assasination, and I couldn't handle it alone, it thought It'd be a few times worse with Lephantis level 100.

50 seconds or so is nothing and kind of unfair.

to be honest that is probably intentional, so you actual deal with the condition and not just brute force your way through.

but how long did that take you? I once carried a few clan mates through it and that S#&$ took over half an hour and no such warning appeared. is that new?

Edited by Rawbeard

9 minutes ago, Ikedo said:

Well I feel you buddy. I was afraid it may happen too in my team. Since just day before I did a regular Lephantis assasination, and I couldn't handle it alone, it thought It'd be a few times worse with Lephantis level 100.

50 seconds or so is nothing and kind of unfair.

.....like I seriously was inches away from extraction.

What's more it told me to "eliminate remaining enemies" despite there's no fixed objective on what to eliminate.

4 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

to be honest that is probably intentional, so you actual deal with the condition and not just brute force your way through.

but how long did that take you? I once carried a few clan mates through it and that S#&$ took over half an hour and no such warning appeared. is that new?

Wellllll after digging through the forums, this issue was present as far as back to 2016, and as per patch notes this is only intended for Exterminate missions.

I lost track of time, but somewhere around 20-30 minutes? I was soloing and I was in no hurry, thus the pop-up was REALLY unexpected.

Edited by LokiTheCondom

+1 to this. Got the message on the second phase. Think I needed another 3 minutes to finish it but failed. Also don't see a reason for this when the restrictions and mechanics is the constraint. 

The permitted time for the mission is reasonable for a party but for those that enjoy soloing bosses needs more leeway.

Yup it's unexpected and it's like after half an hour. That's what happened to me, but in unlike you, I wouldn't manage to kill it alone, so it didn't disturb my mission. Althought I can imagine, how it felt, as on sorties, after a long struggle, I would be very annoyed, if the mission was suddenly disrupted inches from completing it for no reason.