Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason's Why This Game Is Dying - The Icing Is Wearing Thin - How Can We Save Warframe

pdxdubin

Knick knacks 

A LOT of cosmetic items to collect

by a lot

I mean 100-200 Cosmetic items, Capes, wings, glasses, shoulders, pauldrons, scarfes, dangly bits, followers, pets.

Same way the sentinels work.

I think a lot of people can stand by me when they say we don't want that much when it comes to customizing 

This cannot turn into some mystical thing, no offense.

Guns and weapons, we can't have wings

Glasses: We have masks, why glasses too?

Capes: just kinda sound redundant.

Shoulders: Sure but we're space ninjas, a lot of ninjas don't have shoulder pads with (flames etc) 

Dangly bits: I don't know you would have to explain this to me

Followers: basically sentinels?

Pets: We're space ninjas flying through areas or sneaking through them while guns are shooting, I think pets are redundant as well.

Things I think a lot of people could get behind, more helmets and or body kits for warframes.

Now in response to what you said about other "end game content" I think they need to work on the essentials AI/Bugs/Connectivity/Dedicated Servers/ etc.  Before working on the stuff you suggested 

And I think market would be a meh you know, you can't buy warframes with credits so why would a market be useful?

Sorry for the poor response, rather tired and my response is probably all over the place.

Edited by Heroicleopard

I think a lot of people can stand by me when they say we don't want that much when it comes to customizing 

This cannot turn into some mystical thing, no offense.

Guns and weapons, we can't have wings

Glasses: We have masks, why glasses too?

Capes: just kinda sound redundant.

Shoulders: Sure but we're space ninjas, a lot of ninjas don't have shoulder pads with (flames etc) 

Dangly bits: I don't know you would have to explain this to me

Followers: basically sentinels?

Pets: We're space ninjas flying through areas or sneaking through them while guns are shooting, I think pets are redundant as well.

Things I think a lot of people could get behind, more helmets and or body kits for warframes.

Now in response to what you said about other "end game content" I think they need to work on the essentials AI/Bugs/Connectivity/Dedicated Servers/ etc.  Before working on the stuff you suggested 

And I think market would be a meh you know, you can't buy warframes with credits so why would a market be useful?

Sorry for the poor response, rather tired and my response is probably all over the place.

Oh I don't want glasses or wings >XD

Those were just examples I pulled out of other games.

Like I said DE is already making scarfs and dangly bits, and they are adding fabric animation.

It you want me to go into details.. 

I would like to see cosmetic items that blend into warframes, kinda like how nova has that little chest area that you can customize?

Maybe let us unlock cosmetic items that change her stats around, maybe turning that little breast into like a reactor with stuff spinning inside of it.

Rhino, give him a spiky back or something, give saryn some like spiky things I dont know.

basically this is not exactly what I'm looking to see done, But some more cosmetic / customization would be nice.

To really personalize your warframe and make it unique.  Is just a start

But Like I said that's all just icing etc.

And was a quick example of a bunch of stuff they could do.

But really I think tougher less generic enemies are a must.

I really don't know anymore.. 

I will probably always play warframe, but that's probably due to the fact I have a clan to run.

Without my clan I would have probably stopped playing a while ago.

and that goes for the rest of our members as well, the community that we built is keeping us together.

broframe asuro warbros lone ranger, gryphus tech under the lotus warframe japan

so many of these clans are holding the game together, and they are VERY important because without that foundation the game would be unplayable.

Untrue, I have to say for all the solo players, that You have props, because without a solid group of people to help you this game can be kinda annoying.

I was blessed to have a clan willing to take me through literally all of the void content within a week,  It may be that I have cheated myself and missed out on content. 

Wait no

Thats not true because I don't actually like playing void missions :P  The secrete areas don't really give you anything special, when you could just run xini or kappa and get 54 mods in like an hour.

I mean really..

The rewards and drop system need to be buffed up a bit too 

Or maybe just 

Oh my brain hurts

thats enough warframe for today 

Edited by pdxdubin

Pdx you ought to stop with the shock and awe stuff in the title. That is a really bad habit.

-The game is dying!

Not really. Pretty healthy still.

- Ice is wearing thin!

Nothing happening right now is much different from any other time.

- save the game!

People do that by just discussing things.

Sorry to be a flat tire, man, but don't you think you could have dropped the Doomsayers tone and carried your thread on its message instead of relying on buzzwords that don't necessarily apply?

Pdx you ought to stop with the shock and awe stuff in the title. That is a really bad habit.

-The game is dying!

- Ice is wearing thin!

- save the game!

Sorry to be a flat tire, man, but don't you think you could have dropped the Doomsayers tone and carried your thread on its message instead of relying on buzzwords that don't necessarily apply?

Well first off, if the topic title was mellow barely anyone would read it. I mean, which thread would you read, the one that says "The game is dying, we need to do something to save it!" or the one that says "Some problems with the game that should be changed"? Yes, maybe the titles are a little sensationalist, but so what, it's not hurting anyone. It's the internet, not everything's supposed to be mellow and flat.

And secondly, from a certain point of view, his topic does stand. For example, both I (warlord of Lone Rangers) and pdxdubin (warlord of Asuro) have noticed very significant decreases in player activity in our clans overtime. If less and less players are active, then the game IS essentially "dying". And if the game is "dying", then wanting to "save" it makes sense. Also, the "icing is wearing thin" part is a metaphor, if you had read the OP post properly you would know that. He is using icing on cake as a metaphor of the new external content that DE is frequently pumping out to keep the game looking fresh, such as weapons, tilesets and weekend events, all while the core of the game, or the "cake" itself, is going stale due to neglect. So regardless of whether the title sounds sensationalist, it IS legitimate.

And read the replies in this thread. Almost all of them are constructive and civilized, which is more than what I can say for many other threads where the replies are just flames like "RNG/BETA, QQ MOAR" or "YOU SO NOOB, GAME NEED MORE HARDCORE" or something like that. Why does it matter if a topic title on an internet forum has a doomsayer feel to it if the actual content is extremely organized and reasonable?

Edited by Madotsuki

I see "The sky is falling" posts have already started.

The game is not dying, its in its infancy and will keep growing and maturing. DE have said that there is a lot to be added to the game. Yes there is no end game because that end game has not yet been added.

It's what you get with people like this guy :/

Well first off, if the topic title was mellow barely anyone would read it. I mean, which thread would you read, the one that says "The game is dying, we need to do something to save it!" or the one that says "Some problems with the game that should be changed"? Yes, maybe the titles are a little sensationalist, but so what, it's not hurting anyone. It's the internet, not everything's supposed to be mellow and flat.

And secondly, from a certain point of view, his topic does stand. For example, both I (warlord of Lone Rangers) and pdxdubin (warlord of Asuro) have noticed very significant decreases in player activity in our clans overtime. If less and less players are active, then the game IS essentially "dying". And if the game is "dying", then wanting to "save" it makes sense. Also, the "icing is wearing thin" part is a metaphor, if you had read the OP post properly you would know that. He is using icing on cake as a metaphor of the new external content that DE is frequently pumping out to keep the game looking fresh, such as weapons, tilesets and weekend events, all while the core of the game, or the "cake" itself, is going stale due to neglect. So regardless of whether the title sounds sensationalist, it IS legitimate.

I believe his topic is fine. I think his title is excessive since the threads message carries without the doomsaying.

The game is doing about as well as it always has. Players come and go in F2P games. Users stop playing altogether or take breaks - but then again there is also always an influx of new blood.

But even then - it is besides the point. I only really commented because I thought his 'theatrical' title sorta betrays the effort he put behind his post.

The game is doing about as well as it always has. Players come and go in F2P games. Users stop playing altogether or take breaks - but then again there is also always an influx of new blood.

This is true. The turnover in F2P games is very high because people are encouraged by the zero outlay to download the game and give it a try, far more than would start a title that costs money.

Having been involved from the early stages of another game (World of Tanks) I saw exactly the same thing there, numbers were low during open beta and turnover was high, however that game has grown massively and Warframe has the same potential IMO if DE make the right decisions. However even for a successful game like WoT about 75% of accounts become inactive.

Personally I have tried a lot of F2P titles, I have stopped playing most of them.

Edited by Silvershadow66

-The game is dying!

- Ice is wearing thin!

- save the game!

Your right 

But still its just my style man.. Its not so much shock and awe, I have valid points and reasoning to back up what I'm saying :) 

I really do think this game is dying, you even said so yourself that you are getting burnt out.

I figured I should go into details on why im bored, instead of just starting a thread saying " im bored "

Which also works, but is not constructive. 

Honestly I hate to say it, but unless warframe changes and gets fun I am going to just move on to a different game, and my clan may choose to follow me, its up to them.  

I kill my habits one at a time :3 

Just

Be 

Happy

I don't

Write

My 

Threads

This, any more :P

I guess people got Reallyyyyyyyyyyyy frustrated with my formatting hahah

I believe his topic is fine. I think his title is excessive since the threads message carries without the doomsaying.

But even then - it is besides the point. I only really commented because I thought his 'theatrical' title sorta betrays the effort he put behind his post.

Ohhh, well but I used the word icing because it relates to a metaphor about cakes ... >.>

I'm just too edgy for you blatant fool : P 

But the title that you made works too, its not really about the title anyways.

But as you said..

Your right, but you cannot deny the fact that there are 100's of us sitting here without anything to do because we have completed all of the content.

This thread is intended to stress the simple core issues of gameplay that will draw people like be back into it.

And its not about f2p or p2p at all, I am saying that this game really will die.. Literally.

And by die, I am referring to a baren wasteland which is now guild wars 2.  

I was in Gw2 Beta, I was in Gw1 Beta, and I have seen both games start from nothing.

I played guild wars 2, and I watched as my guild and all of my members slowly died off and moved into other games.

AsurO is not the first clan I have started, and I may be the only one seeing this trend as a clan leader.

If people are already growing bored of a game in beta, then it is a grim glimpse into the future of this game.

However like I said, we just cannot have so much content being pushed into this game..

DE fails to understand that this content keeps players engaged. And when the game opens out, and everything is already released, then I literally see no reason why anyone will want to grind through it all.

This game is one of a kind, and I actually think it has great potential.  

Only time will tell 

Edited by pdxdubin

Your right 

But still its just my style man.. Its not so much shock and awe, I have valid points and reasoning to back up what I'm saying :) 

I really do think this game is dying, you even said so yourself that you are getting burnt out.

I figured I should go into details on why im bored, instead of just starting a thread saying " im bored "

Which also works, but is not constructive. 

Honestly I hate to say it, but unless warframe changes and gets fun I am going to just move on to a different game, and my clan may choose to follow me, its up to them.  

I kill my habits one at a time :3 

Just

Be 

Happy

I don't

Write

My 

Threads

This, any more :P

I guess people got Reallyyyyyyyyyyyy frustrated with my formatting hahah

I said I was burnt out. That is very different from being done with the game.

I take regular short breaks from Warframe to avoid reaching a point where I just wont have fun after logging in. This is just me being responsible with my gaming routine. You should do that for almost every Beta.

I still sincerely suggest that you do that same. Maybe once this weekend is over (hint, hint) you can set off for a bit to recharge your batteries. Playing a Beta can be a frustrating experience and it'll wear on you after a time. This game is no different in that sense then any other.

I said I was burnt out. That is very different from being done with the game.

I take regular short breaks from Warframe to avoid reaching a point where I just wont have fun after logging in. This is just me being responsible with my gaming routine. You should do that for almost every Beta.

I still sincerely suggest that you do that same. Maybe once this weekend is over (hint, hint) you can set off for a bit to recharge your batteries. Playing a Beta can be a frustrating experience and it'll wear on you after a time. This game is no different in that sense then any other.

Another point I want to stress is the overuse of the term "beta" 

I hate to say it, but our clans are already competing in weekend events, and we are earning trophies that future clans won't have access too.

After the game hits "release" 

Do you think the game will magically start becoming immersive and appealing?

The trend you have of limiting yourself and playing conservatively will only continue into the future, until you truly do move on from warframe.

Now were are just discussing our points of view here, I don't disagree with what your saying. 

I don't really play this game often other then to manage the clan.

I used to hardly ever play this game at all actually, I usually would sit back and moderate our chat for an hour or so every day.

But trust me.. when it comes to taking a break from this game, I probably do that more then you think.  

And I really have nothing to come back too other then to bull #$#!t in clan chat all day, which I actually enjoy more then the actual game..

sadly enough.

Anyways I'm too tired to have a constructive discussion right now :p

If pacing the content works for you.. then by all means continue to enjoy the game.

But some of us, still are getting pretty burnt out. 

I guess I made a mistake in making this thread so depressing..

I really actually intended to show what hope there is, and what small changes can be done to really immerse people into this game.

I think I will leave this thread after this post, as my brain is getting burnt out : 3 

Completely agree with you, OP. Its funny how many people think that once the game is out of beta it will magically became good(considering that beta ends somewhere this Autumn).

Its not really a big issue on my mind, considering that we already have so many people playing the game. 

They could say the game is in omega it would not really make any difference, its just a title.

But "titles" don't change games. 

Goodnight thread 

First we need to know what is the "Zerg rush" we need to define it clearly.

At now we all know the "rush" word but what and where is "Zerg" word come from?

Zerg is the name of a race in starcraft. The main force of this race is Zergling these ceatures are small, weak armor and hp, low damage, but fast attack, fast moving, and they 're very easily grow up their number, On the battlefield they use their number to defeat their enemy. So "Zerg rush" is a style of attack by using the amount force chase to enemy postion, make them out of ammo, time, skill, mana, make them exhausted then beat them.

Ok that is enough. I know many of you has watched this but just look on this and have a feel

Back to WF and compare with what we just define it look like this game dont have any "Zerg rush" in defense mission. And why?

The Tenno:

-My comment is too strong!!!!. Weapon, ability too strong just few hit can finish a wave.

-Drop ammo and blue sphere to much that make the people spam skill and weapon without thinking, and they use it like rambo. After each wave like that they replenish all thing and still have many thing Spilling on the ground.

The Infest:

-In a wave the amount of creature is not hurt any one, they still have full ammo, hp mana so it not a "zerg rush".

-In a higher wave it just a cheating creature armor and hp they not inscrease their number it make the game harder but like fight with boss "zerg rush" feeling gone!!! it break the game make it boring.

How fix this:

-So we need to nerf and balance all frame, weapon.

-Need to rebalance enemy force and tenno force(for each race).

And i think defense t3 void mission is exciting they alway make me busy in a wave but these type of defense to rare to archive a key

PS: Sorry my bad English.

Edited by legionufo

Another point I want to stress is the overuse of the term "beta" 

I hate to say it, but our clans are already competing in weekend events, and we are earning trophies that future clans won't have access too.

After the game hits "release" 

Do you think the game will magically start becoming immersive and appealing?

The trend you have of limiting yourself and playing conservatively will only continue into the future, until you truly do move on from warframe.

Now were are just discussing our points of view here, I don't disagree with what your saying. 

I don't really play this game often other then to manage the clan.

I used to hardly ever play this game at all actually, I usually would sit back and moderate our chat for an hour or so every day.

But trust me.. when it comes to taking a break from this game, I probably do that more then you think.  

And I really have nothing to come back too other then to bull #$#!t in clan chat all day, which I actually enjoy more then the actual game..

sadly enough.

Anyways I'm too tired to have a constructive discussion right now :p

If pacing the content works for you.. then by all means continue to enjoy the game.

But some of us, still are getting pretty burnt out. 

I guess I made a mistake in making this thread so depressing..

I really actually intended to show what hope there is, and what small changes can be done to really immerse people into this game.

I think I will leave this thread after this post, as my brain is getting burnt out : 3 

We don't decide when the ride is over pdx. You aren't allowed to say 'It has everything release would have. It isn't beta' and expect that to matter.

You are right - this game is in the home stretch. It wont be a beta for much longer. But right now that is the case. Hell - for a little while after it releases it'll still more or less be the case.

Treat a game that acts like a beta like its a beta, I guess. For everything this game does that acts like a release the game still has a half dozen unfinished bits in need of polish.

I could go probably go on for the better part of an hour about all the little things that grind my gears about the game. Things that I feel are senseless or things I feel like need to be. I tend to share pieces of those thoughts periodically with people making threads related to those topics. I let the community take my thoughts and run with it how they please. 

First we need to know what is the "Zerg rush" we need to define it clearly. 

At now we all know the "rush" word but what and where is "Zerg" word come from? 

Zerg is the name of a race in starcraft. The main force of this race is Zergling these ceatures are small, weak armor and hp, low damage, but fast attack, fast moving, and they 're very easily grow up their number, On the battlefield they use their number to defeat their enemy. So "Zerg rush" is a style of attack by using the amount force chase to enemy postion, make them out of ammo, time, skill, mana, make them exhausted then beat them.

Ok that is enough. I know many of you has watched this but just look on this and have a feel 

Back to WF and compare with what we just define it look like this game dont have any "Zerg rush" in defense mission. And why?

The Tenno:

-My comment is too strong!!!!. Weapon, ability too strong just few hit can finish a wave.

-Drop ammo and blue sphere to much that make the people spam skill and weapon without thinking, and they use it like rambo. After each wave like that they replenish all thing and still have many thing Spilling on the ground.

The Infest:

-In a wave the amount of creature is not hurt any one, they still have full ammo, hp mana so it not a "zerg rush".

-In a higher wave it just a cheating creature armor and hp they not inscrease their number it make the game harder but like fight with boss "zerg rush" feeling gone!!! it break the game make it boring.

How fix this:

-So we need to nerf and balance all frame, weapon.

-Need to rebalance enemy force and tenno force(for each race).

Another reply.

Well specially I used the term zerg, metaphorically to deduce the idea of enemies constantly running at you and standing out in the open like mindless idiots.

I mean its not a super bad thing, But I would rather see more variety and depth in the combat, instead of having to shoot 200 grineer just to make it out of a room.

While also hardly taking any damage because apparently every faction in this game sucks at aiming haha.

We don't decide when the ride is over pdx. You aren't allowed to say 'It has everything release would have. It isn't beta' and expect that to matter.

You are right - this game is in the home stretch. It wont be a beta for much longer. But right now that is the case. Hell - for a little while after it releases it'll still more or less be the case.

Treat a game that acts like a beta like its a beta, I guess.

I could go probably go on for the better part of an hour about all the little things that grind my gears about the game. Things that I feel are senseless or things I feel like need to be. I tend to share pieces of those thoughts periodically with people making threads related to those topics. I let the community take my thoughts and run with it how they please. 

Well I never really stressed this in my thread, because I understand that the game is in beta. 

And it really does not make any difference to the main point of the game being boring.

And possibly threads like these can benefit, and help move along the process into Release, while taking all points into consideration :) 

But at this very moment, we are all getting burnt out, and hopefully some action is taken into really expanding the end content of this game.

Because if the game releases soon, and the end game stays how it is, and all DE does is change raid, and add a survival mode.

Then nothing will really change.

So stress the issues now, and make it apparent that the core elements of warframe are boring and need to be looked into.

So that when the game does release, everything will move a long smoothly. 

Threads like this are here to benefit the game, no matter what stage it is in, I would expect DE to always be willing to improve on the game, even when it hits release. 

come on ....

i understand that WarFrame End Game = do we have 1 ? oh void keys...

you understand the typical MMO game's, the end game system is a devourer of time

look on path of exile beta time was for like a year

The problem is that I've been playing Warframe since open beta begun, and all I saw was just new content, it seems to me that DE will just keep the game on its track and will keep releasing new content. Lets face the truth: its hard to make much money by offering high quality boss fights and interesting missons.