Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Endgame And A Challenge - What Do We Expect For Warframe's Future?

Eisvogel

I seem to be attracted to these threads where "It's in BETA" arguments are going on. As a poster mentioned it is currently in soft release. BETA is a phase to fine tune the final product but as DE have stated in the livestreams they aren't even focusing on story, or end-game as a main priority which is kind of a big no no in my mind.

You have to remember that the platinum market has been active for some months now and if you think back to when it activated has the game has reeeeally changed all that much? Not really. That is because the core game is ultimately finished and now DE are finishing stuff off like adding aesthetic changes such as new boss models, more weapons (sigh), aesthetic options, yadda, yadda. They are solely content creating now to keep the community alive.

The question is though, can the community live on weapon updates and farming?

I would say no. My assumption is that DE are going to try and write a Warframe lore dictionary to keep us up to date as to what has happened in the universe before we started playing. The story though as Steve Sinclair said in the initial interview about the game is that he wanted players to make their own stories up in their heads when they play.

Lazy excuse? Sure but from what I can see the majority of the community don't mind farming over and over again to their hearts content. It is what is making DE the most money I guess and so I guess they are focusing on that at the mo mo.

Edited by NoirProxy

I disagree that it should all be parkour challenges. Parkour is the least engaging part of the game.

Only a fraction of suggestions involve parkour, and because i think it could be put to better (or *some*) use in the game pace. But most things are about general gameplay and not restricted to parkour =)

I agree that there should be more engaging content than farming defense over and over.

I disagree that it should all be parkour challenges. Parkour is the least engaging part of the game.

The idea isn't to solely add parkour into one solitary map but rather make it a part of the experience. Already within the mastery ranks challenges you are tested on your parkour skills soo why would it not be useful within s mission. I could see its use within a sabotage mission where the reactor is exploding and u have x time to exit the ship as it locksdown blockades and you have to use alternate routes that you can only reach by using your de given ninja skills. Granted it wouldnt be an entire mission. Just somewhat integrated into it. Sorry for any mispelling. Typing off my phone

OP edited... added a new section i've been wanting to address..... i got some more ideas for random events but i got a bit tired after editing the text in the whole thread, so bear with me while i rest my fingers :P :D

Edited by Eisvogel

I have a suggestion. I believe that there should be cutscenes (Before After, or even during a mission), this would be an effective and easy way to add a lot more lore to the game.

I definitely like the idea, i dunno how effective would be to add lore... but i would like cut-scenes in the game nonetheless :3

OP edited... added a new section i've been wanting to address..... i got some more ideas for random events but i got a bit tired after editing the text in the whole thread, so bear with me while i rest my fingers :P :D

Read it. As far as the stalker assassin group there are some good ideas under the fan concept area. Ill link them tomorrow since writing on my phone suuuuucks.dream sequences I think should be something after matches. Maybe tied to the stalkers in some way. As for helping enemies and receiving rewards this one im fairly reserved on. The bigger reason for the formarian destruction was to ensure that resources would still be abundant due to corpus trafficking. I mean I understand the enemy of my enemy is my friend but I dont think theyd come begging us dogs for help. Just my 2 cents

-snip-

Actually thanks, that makes me realize that i should make it clearer that DON'T want an assassin stalker squad... i meant it as a group of hired contractors to take us out, definitely not a stalker group. I'll review it to make that clear

Edited by Eisvogel

Only a fraction of suggestions involve parkour, and because i think it could be put to better (or *some*) use in the game pace. But most things are about general gameplay and not restricted to parkour =)

I like parkour as side things.

The timed loot rooms in the Void are a fun one-off. Being a requirement for some missions just sounds awful. I fully support hidden loot rooms that you have to be a parkour expert to get...but failing missions because a half second of lag caused my wall run to wall climb shift space mashing to miss just sounds...bad.

Edited by Deathblade123

The timed loot rooms in the Void are a fun one-off. Being a requirement for some missions just sounds awful. I fully support hidden loot rooms that you have to be a parkour expert to get...but failing missions because a half second of lag caused my wall run to wall climb shift space mashing to miss just sounds...bad.

I also agree, and in a game as laggy as this one, due to this system, it would make those near impossible to get...save for the host, of course.

You might say that, though if you parkour even with lag, it hardly ever fails..... i've played this game for quite some time now, and it doesn't happen often that parkour gets wrecked due lag...... and you wouldn't fail just because you fell off once. What's more.... you are telling me there's a difference in that, and just dying randomly due lag?

Then again, this is not a parkour thread anyways, but parkour is an existing usable mechanic that doesn't need to be completely developed. The more work involved, the less chances we'll see it done anytime soon... or at all. But if you have any feedback to give, i will welcome it of course

Beta is beta. It is almoust complete product.

Solve all too much  visible bugs and  beta is not beta anymore.

Endgame goal is not bug.

Moust of my desires could be solved if DE execute :

Cells - This Is Warframes Endgame

Read that stuff. Good ideas. Looks like DE know about this.

Maybe they will put it in game.

My vision of endgame is:

You will collect all warframes. You will collect some special promotional void like keys. ( from blueprint drops from bosses ).

After you collect all this stuff and archive level 6 or 7, you can make your own warframe.

You will be able to put all skill mods ( Rhino Stomp, Bladestorm ) in to your unique warframe.

This is a goal i want. Maybe some hardcore boss. One bad @&#(&*@#$# - master, leader of Grineer, Corpus, Infesteded.

Big monster. 10 times bigger than tenno. Almoust impossible to kill. But it is just boss.

I like some reward after i beat a game. In Metal Gear Solid you can have insibility bandana, unlimited ammo bandana.

In Gears of War 3 you have some modifications to multiplayer game.

And i want some story. Like :

Captain Vor capture you and you will have to make some decision. Give him a ID of someone ( bad ) or refuse to and all you equiped stuff will have reset,

( like you have when you use forma ).

If you choose to give Vor ID one of your friends, your friend will be captured by Vor.

Every decision like this will lead you to Dark side or Light side.

If you have more Dark decision, you will become a Stalker. You will be able to kill other Tennos if you want. You will be simply able to kill

other players in mission. Basicly you will have option to on/off friendly fire.

If you have more Light decision, you will become Orokin warrior master. You will get some special mods. 

Yeah didnt realize you wanted like bounty hunters instead eis. Parkour wouldnt be integral but rather the quickest way to escape. So u dont have to if you dont want to.

Raiz I think the game ur describing sounds like star wars galaxy. I dont think that they will implement a system for your good/bad. Also I really dont see them releasing free reign of warframes into our hands because the only build will be globe bastille miasma m prime with possiblt chaos replacing one of those. That just ruins it for everybody. I would prefer a second set of skills that you can mix and match for warframes since theres always skills no one ever uses. Atleast most people. Like ashs teleport

-snip-

I think we are all hoping for DE to address this instead of releasing new tilesets and weapons that don't really help or bring anything to the game, just another planet with dots and more names :/

Let's hope we can reach that soon :)

As far as the Star Wars like theme, from what they said in the streams i doubt that's the approach they want to take. We shall see in the near future... hopefully

Edited by Eisvogel

If you have more Dark decision, you will become a Stalker. You will be able to kill other Tennos if you want. You will be simply able to kill

other players in mission. Basicly you will have option to on/off friendly fire.

While the idea of becoming a stalker sounds really cool DE would have to rework the PvP system in the game because as it is right now most duels can be won with the use of a single ability. Maybe there could be a stalker warframe that players could equip specifically for the purpose of killing other warframes and it could have modified stats when attacking and defending against other players.

Yeah didnt realize you wanted like bounty hunters instead eis. Parkour wouldnt be integral but rather the quickest way to escape. So u dont have to if you dont want to.

Raiz I think the game ur describing sounds like star wars galaxy. I dont think that they will implement a system for your good/bad. Also I really dont see them releasing free reign of warframes into our hands because the only build will be globe bastille miasma m prime with possiblt chaos replacing one of those. That just ruins it for everybody. I would prefer a second set of skills that you can mix and match for warframes since theres always skills no one ever uses. Atleast most people. Like ashs teleport

You are propably right. I never played SW Galaxies. I didnt even play any MMO at all.  

I use ash teleport. I dont use ash shuriken.

While the idea of becoming a stalker sounds really cool DE would have to rework the PvP system in the game because as it is right now most duels can be won with the use of a single ability. Maybe there could be a stalker warframe that players could equip specifically for the purpose of killing other warframes and it could have modified stats when attacking and defending against other players.

I agree that PvP is not little bit unbalanced.  

Idea is that you have all your warframe like you already have. But if you decide to attack somene , you will transform in stalker.

So, you weapons and skill will be set. It could be balanced if you know one side of balance.

If stalker chose to attack Rhino with HEK, stalker propably will have problem.

But stalker doesnt need to be fair. When i meet stalker with my badass Ash, stalker has no chance. When i meet him with Volt, i had no chance.

I realy think Warframe need some kind of personal story. Not like now. Now story is  about hom many weapons you maxed.

If you dont have choice in story, it would be same for all of us.

And game really need more interesting way , how to give you a randomly generated mission.

You cannot say where you are. Only Phoboss is unique. I want to belive that every mission is ship.

But it is soo clearly visible it is just dot. Maybe if there wasnt look like dot but like sector.

In sector you have higher chance to have ships. Soo it make sense that you go there and you have some mission with same goal.

For my is this tread about try some ideas and see how people who cares will react.

I will propably make tread about spaceship map and becoming stalker.

Now i playing Warframe to collect all warframes and some good weapons.

It is like i preparing to battle. To war.

I have tank warfames, stealthy warframes, defence warframes, looter warframe.

And i will play Dark Sector to know at least something about story.