Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Endgame And A Challenge - What Do We Expect For Warframe's Future?

Eisvogel

I would start with adding more stalker type mob. Each faction should have its own random enemy tied to its set. They should be hard and have higer chance to appear with more players. Infested could have infected tenno. Greenir maybe some big bad commando with jetpack. Corpus maybe a tech with a big nasty laser minigun.

DE has talked about putting in VIP type units, and I'm pretty sure the specific language was something like "...and they could provide buffs to their allied units around them" or something.  I think it was briefly mentioned in Livestream 13 (maybe 12, but definitely not 14).  Now if these VIP units had more abilities, or upgraded AI then they could be a challenge - imagine Capture Missions now requiring the defeat of a mini-boss?  Nice, right?  Just as long as they aren't the typical bullet spounges we're used to seeing, I'm all for it.

What I'd really like to see is breaking up the monotony of trash grunts with fighting a small elite team of powerful, fast Stalker type enemies. Imagine fighting a team of 3-4 Stalker level opponents, zipping around with slash dash, teleport, or jump packs, that deal decent to high damage and take a fair amount of punishment. Because even though Stalker can be circumvented by jumping on top of a box, if you're on ground level mano-a-mano, what's really fun about him is that he's so fast, and unless you have top tier weapons, takes some effort to kill. What if you had 3-4 of them to deal with at once?

So, basically I want a combination of what these two guys have said. Make it so in higher level missions, you'll run into at least once in a mission an elite team of enemies; like Doomsong says, for Grineer make them commandos with jet packs. You could mix up the team make-up a little, for instance having two Elite Commandos, one Elite Heavy Gunner, and an Elite Shield Lancer.

The Commandos would essentially be like Hellions, except sometimes they do a slash dash where they boost forward with their jet packs rather than flying into the air. The Elite HG would of course have the infamous ground slam, and maybe could have something like a single-target Sonar; she lights a single Tenno up and increases the damage they take for X seconds. Make it so the Elite HG can also run and fire, I think mobility in enemies is key to making them more challenging. Finally, the Elite Shield Lancer would have a stronger weapon, perhaps a pistol shotgun like the Bronco or something, and be able to Rhino Charge, so he doesn't just charge one Tenno and knock them down, if everyone's grouped up they all get punted. This would be a fun and difficult fight, I think. Also, it might start forcing people to use CC abilities like Freeze more; take the Elite HG out of the fight for a few seconds so people don't get Sonared, so the team can deal with the Elite Shield Lancer.

Probably this idea has been mentioned before, I just want to say it again :)

How about some more competitive stuff? For example a game mode where two teams of four (or two teams of two) are racing to complete an extermination mission first. Each team is on their own map, or it's the same map but they can never meet each other (maybe they could see each other through glass and such). Then make it so that the map will contain some parkour puzzles that you  have to get through, so it's not just about being fast in killing stuff. The winning team could end up with an extra reward.

I'd figure such competitive missions could be interesting and also help to further promote teamwork and such. I feel that this would be a more interesting form of pvp then just shooting at each other.

Just giving my two credits:

-Large scale, 8+ member boss raids. Arenas filled with lots of natural hazards. Fights so hard they're only intended to be beaten after being played, studied and dissected.

-Smaller, much higher difficulty missions. Doing Void III with Level 15 'frames and weapons was about the hardest thing I've ever done in this game. Big bads took A TON of ammo to kill, trash guys were easier but packed a serious punch if they ever managed to get a hit on you. Some of the tensest game play I've expeienced in WF. (Also because it's the complete opposite of "Run the mission so fast you have a stoke.")

-Longer, exploration style dungeons, where it's about finding loot instead of clearing the objective and getting the f out.

-More mid-mission random variables, some of which might overshadow the initial mission. (Hide and go-seek with an extremely competent AI, for example.)

-Levels that are about verticality, as platforming changes the pace of the game compared to sprinting down endless corridors.

Really, WF needs to do whatever it can to get away from running as many missions as possible, as fast as possible. That's the mentality players are bringing to the end game based on their leveling experience, and the end game IMO is the best place to start changing that mentality. DE needs to not cater to the desire for faster missions and faster gameplay. Because those do not hold up at the end game, because there's no contrast to the early game.

-snip-

yes, you are spot on, particularly on the last part..... they really need to address the AI and enemy work, as well as get rid of absurd boring things they try to mask as challenge (like grineer auto detection and insta killing scorchs.... so dumb), but at the end of they day... no matter what they do, it's all for naught if you can press "4" and make everything vanish, and defense is boring enough as it is.

But alas, update 10 addressed nothing of sorts and continues down the same path.... golem... or "Lephantis" now.... looks big and mean, yet is just another bullet sponge..... and now they buffed it up to make it even longer and more boring to kill.... threat? null...... bullet sponge level? max

I would start with adding more stalker type mob. Each faction should have its own random enemy tied to its set. They should be hard and have higer chance to appear with more players. Infested could have infected tenno. Greenir maybe some big bad commando with jetpack. Corpus maybe a tech with a big nasty laser minigun.

Yes, definitely more of this would help keep things interesting, Stalker caused quite the rumble among the players and made it interesting for quite a while, before becoming and old joke that i can take down with my eyes closed in less than 2 seconds now after so many nerfs

Sounds good. So anyone has some ideas how to improve current bosses and enemies?

Bosses, I can't say too much yet. But enemies: I think it would be cool to implement a system with the Infested (and this is just a quick post btw, so if this has been suggested already I'm sorry), where they are involved in other factions missions, but begin taking over the main faction as you kill them off... like the zombies that they are. Say you kill a Corpus Crewman, and a Crawler comes along and sucks into his body and becomes a... you get the idea.

After looking over more responses...

The issue that everyone seems to have with certain bosses and enemies is 'bullet sponge syndrome', so a boss/enemy isn't a challenge, but an obstacle with a lot of heath.

A simple answer I can provide is that enemies should generally disrupt player patterns and not encourage patterns, while bosses should have disruptive patterns that players must counter. Having enemies encourage patterns and bosses be easy patterns to counter is good early on, but soon becomes tiring.

Also, having levels that encourage different player behaviour are really good.

So many amazing ideas here my god.  Exploding ship escape+parkour = orgasm.  Why is this not yet a thing?  Like...hows about after we destroy the core the ship starts blowing up and we have to escape parkouring through wreckage?  Also could give a mission type for rushers. 

So many amazing ideas here my god.  Exploding ship escape+parkour = orgasm.  Why is this not yet a thing?  Like...hows about after we destroy the core the ship starts blowing up and we have to escape parkouring through wreckage?  Also could give a mission type for rushers. 

Hi! xD..... you know you kinda motivated me to start this thread don't you? It all started way back in notionphill's Cells thread where i ended up replying with you and notion for a while and ended up posting some ideas there, which later on were the start of this thread :P.... so kudos to you too, in a way, you are part of this too :3

i would prefer remakes of some planets so that you need the op modded weapons i got rather than another lvl 20ish planet where you can run threw :S

give me some 100-150 and 150-200 planets plz :O!

and make their own loot table..so that grinding lvl 10-20 planets isnt the most effective way to play the game....

Hi! xD..... you know you kinda motivated me to start this thread don't you? It all started way back in notionphill's Cells thread where i ended up replying with you and notion for a while and ended up posting some ideas there, which later on were the start of this thread :P.... so kudos to you too, in a way, you are part of this too :3

:D thanks! Glad I could help ;)

@xyNN I actually can get behind that to an extent.  Mods are already clearly tiered in their power so we should be tiered in our accessibility to these mods as well.  With that said, let us wait for Armor 2.0 before we we go adding level 100+ places so we can get try and get the balance hashed out.  The thing is, that's not a complete solution just a part.  We need objectives and variety to have an endgame.  Crushing face for yet more gear so you can crush more face for more gear is what leads to burnout.  We need other S#&$ to do and a reason to do it. 

Eisvogel, I added a link here to a thread I made about recycling Raid missions into proper stealth missions, with a twist of sorts. Give it a read if you can, okay?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113250-new-raid-type-infiltration/

Checked it out Razor, left my +1.  It's a good idea, DE should look into the concept at the least.  As I said in the other thread, try it maybe as a Weekend Event first to gauge interest and response.

Checked it out Razor, left my +1.  It's a good idea, DE should look into the concept at the least.  As I said in the other thread, try it maybe as a Weekend Event first to gauge interest and response.

I concur, in fact, this would be perfect for an event that happens every now and then. Just wish it got more feedback and approval.

• 3 weeks later...

First off I want to apologies for not actually reading all the 25 pages of comments before posting this. I am fully aware that this might already been said several times before.

My biggest concern in the game right now is that I think they need to implement some high-end rewards so that there is some incentive to do wave 70+ or do high level missions rather then low level ones. Whenever I would want to get something it is much easier to get it just farming the right enemy type on lower levels rather than doing it on high level. I would love to see mods and items that you only can get by doing really, really hard things in the game.

Also I'd much rather see people rewarded from their skill rather than just investing time in the game, sure there could be rewards for that aswell though they should more be in the line of badges or such.

Another thing i've thought about is that they could reuse boss encounters, maybe not all of them, but some of them to come along with waves in defense. Either something like every 10th wave or why not completely random.

• 1 month later...

This bump is for the revival of all that is feedback.

The game is Dying and DE needs to do something about it!

CENTRALIZATION! HO!

i lately saw more greenhorns than normal -imo the games is not in that bad shape (in terms of attendance)

but yes i encountered a loss of older players 

Edited by Cracken

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to comment on the recent Darvo event, and thought this would be the best place to put it. Although definitely flawed, "Ties that Bind", especially running into the Hyena pack, was the most fun I've had in Warframe in a long time. It's a good example of what I find exciting: unexpected difficulty, enemies that actually are dangerous to you *without* just being high levels that can one-shot, and some interesting storyline. I disagree a bit with the skill implementation on the hyenas (zapping all your energy without much chance to prevent it is a crutch for difficulty), but it still was really great, a lot of fun. Stuff like this, which is really as simple as putting multiple boss level enemies into one room, would basically make endgame in Warframe for me. Great job DE, keep it up.