Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some beam weapons feedback

Stoner

Did some testing and here are my thoughts on most of the new beam weapons.

Overall, I like that the whole "status/second" is gone. All beams can now proc multiple times per second which is good.

Several weapons are in need of a range buff. Amprex, Flux rifle, Glaxion, Ignis, Synapse... One thing I really was looking forward to was their range being buffed. Its one of their major downsides and is one of the reason I don't take them in high level content. You have to face the enemy face to face to be able to deal damage. Unless you have a tanky frame, it's extremely difficult to use them in high level stuff. Amprex's arc range can stay as is, but its beam range needs to be increased. 

Flux rifle's damage should be a bit higher. High status doesn't always makes up for low damage. 

Ignis/Ignis Wraith... extremely disappointed by the removal of the very useful punch-though and crate opening ability. It was one of the thing I used it for.

Synapse, given it is a single target weapon, should have a much higher damage output IMO. It's better than before however, but still not where I would like it to be. 

Phage... oh my beloved Phage... It really needs a magazine capacity increase. I found myself reloading the damn thing super frequently. Or maybe instead of magazine cap, decrease the reload time? Also a problem I have with the new Phage is it's much harder getting the cone shape you want. The speed at which to beam "focus" should be reduced. Oh and how bout innate punch-through? 

The rest is perfectly fine! I love the changes but some of the weapons still need small tweaks/ buffs. 

I totally agree with the flux rifle damage. Is way too low, heck, I would not even mind making it less ammo efficient if that means 2.5 more damage.

The spectra should have a battery similar to the flux rifle at least. The spectra might need a bit more damage too but I would need to spend more time with it first.

I also feel the post hotfix ignis was doing a much better job, both weapons seem disappointing as it atm.

As you mention, the Phage feel....like thrash? It deal so little damage and has all the problem you mention.

I wish I could provide more input but I want to spend more time with all weapon before giving a proper opinion, but those are my impression so far.