Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora/Venari

AreeSoothsayer

Having Venari as a timed summon always got to me. Just the idea ya know. Makes her less a Companion but something like Chroma's dragon. I was thinking she could be perm the third skill linked to Venari. When she's up it does it's usual attack but if she's downed, hit the button and if she's in range of Khora she gets rescued and can go into combat again.

Heh, could even make it so if you're targetting a downed player Venari will run over and Rez the player instead of attacking enemies. :heart:

Refer to Vauban's extra utility grenades and how that works, on the topic, it would be nice to have a 'go here'n 'attack this/protect this' and 'follow that/return to me' on all summons:

Spoiler

-Nekros' Shadows.
-Inaros' Sand-shadows (need an augment for more, health-is-lifetime Sand-shadows which would be healed by Dessicate).
-Chroma's Pelt/Sentient Effigy.
-Atlas' Rumblers.
-Nidus' maggots.
...And so on.

Honestly the idea of Venari vanishing in the middle of battle always caught me as "wtf?" I mean Chroma's is part of him but Venari isn't. What happens when her time runs out. What reason makes it so she has to.. refresh herself or something? Cooldown time to resummon (Please NO) as she replenishes herself or something. Plus using mods to increase her uptime reduces mods to be used to make pet and Khora survival in end game combat.

Could make it a toggle, but once you reach 0 energy, it would disappear, sort of like... Plasma; high heat, then needs lower degree to maintain in that form, except Venari will stay while not consuming energy, but disappears once reaching 0 energy. Could think that having it toggled will disable passive energy regen like the aura and Zenurik energy dash.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:15 PM, DreamsmithJane said:

Getting a second companion for free seems like a bit much for a passive.

With a smart, well written, AI program I would agree with you. However it's not, so having a second pet linked to a single Frame would be nice. I wish it was built around Venari but beggers can't be choosers. =P