Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Restored Rhino "iron Skin" Effect Is Bad

Ketec

Its worse then it was before - the "silverish" effect is.. ugly - half the times it looks black or even makes me transparent, it breaks any color cuztomization or sometimes lets few colors through making it even worse.

At least spikes werent that dominationg when the silverish effect dissappeared and didnt make it loo kso ugly :/

its way better now than the silly looking spikes of the previous updtae IMO, I love it its the chrome look not black.

Spikes are still there but bigger and blockier which is way more badass than the glass shards of before.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

its way better now than the silly looking spikes of the previous updtae IMO, I love it its the chrome look not black.

Spikes are still there but bigger and blockier which is way more badass than the glass shards of before.

damn straight, those blocks look god damn badass. Only fixing needed now is for texture itself.

The problem is people only come on the forums to complain.

When Iron Skin became permanent I did come on and complain about how stupid a full tinfoil suit looked and then when they updated it to cactus/sonic the hedgehog I thought it looked awesome so I never said anything about it but now it's been changed to this new lumpy look and while I like it just as much as the spikes I'm sad that I never get to see those spikes again.

Its worse then it was before - the "silverish" effect is.. ugly - half the times it looks black or even makes me transparent, it breaks any color cuztomization or sometimes lets few colors through making it even worse.

At least spikes werent that dominationg when the silverish effect dissappeared and didnt make it loo kso ugly :/

*than

IMO This skin looks so much worse than it did previously. I personally preferred the spikes on the previous updates' iron skin model,but honestly the original tin can iron skin looked better than the newest version... and have you tried to hold hikou with him... it looks horrible. So I would be inclined to agree with the OP.

I found the badass anarchy punk spikes grew on me to the point of me rather liking the extra spikes. They were perhaps a little blocky for spikes but nevertheless the increased visual stimulus of the spikes was pleasant to look at. 

Now the skin is just a bit meh...I barely noticed the lumps he now apparently has and the texture is a little eratic and doesn't seem to always perfectly cover him. 

Colour wise I am wondering if there is a way to include the energy colour as with many other powers, but then again it should always really look like Iron or at least some kind of metal thus keeping it a set colour might remain the best solution.

I would like to see a return of the spikes on the Iron Skin but perhaps make them better than the square-ish lumpy spikes and perhaps have them strategically placed rather than scattered across the entire iron skin, maybe focus a few in clumps on his back then a ring round the wrists...ok so I really became obsessed by the notion of him being the ultimate punk rocker when Iron Skinned...but still it might be something DE can look into placing spikes in key places and making the spikes a little more spike like and perhaps small but still obviously present.

Well there were my thoughts on the new Iron Skin and the old, agree, disagree, I don't really mind.

the lumps look ok, but the texture and shine on it are bad - often it makes you slightly transparent, doesnt cover properly and your full of black patches randomly.

Solid silvery color and black on some areas without  massive reflections to mess it up would look liek a real iron skin. And after that perhaps add a thin, mostly transparent layer of silvery shine.

Edited by Ketec